Do you bluff?

I

Ianmacca99

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
bluffing is an essential part of poker if your going to become an even just decent player. From poker strategy I've studied the pros say you should have roughly half the amount of bluffs that you have value bets any more than this and your over bluffing. You have also got to pick the best bluff candidates semibluffs such as openenders and strong flush draws not check raising every gutshot. Also on monotone boards having the ace of that suit can also be good as your opponent can't have the nuts and can be used as good bluffs

Sale_MLS

Sale_MLS

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm guessing when you're at the real table in a real live game it can be a realy powerfull weapon.

milka1605

milka1605

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Stealing a hand as a chip leader is not difficult. It is much more difficult to do this with a stack below the average. I try not to bluff. Bluffing often leads to unnecessary chip losses from the stack. There are many factors to consider when making a successful bluff.

SlyVII

SlyVII

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Do you bluff? Sometimes, never, often? I'm still playing my rookie season in poker, I tried it very few times, it worked every time. Maybe not a bad way to steal a hand when you are chip leader. Of course you can always make an unnecessary loss.

Yes and no. Depending on my position, chip stack, and opponent, I will try to make bets that could be semi-bluffs based on what I have and what they could have. It also depends what type of board texture as well.

M

mara2259

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I can bluff with a good starting hand which did not increase on the next street. I never depict power on the basis of table cards since the villain really can have what I am trying to show.

C

Coinuss

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I bluff sometimes. A good bluff needs an opponent who can fold cards, positions, and the right moment on the board. I check the opponent with a min bet and 3 bet. This will help save money on the following streets. A leader can open a short stack for fun.

carmenzu

carmenzu

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Bluffing is great. Except for the fact that no one folds online, especially eastern europeans...

T_Dawg

T_Dawg

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It's quite rare for me to bluff, but I have great success because I use it so infrequently.

I am improving with calling other people's bluff. I have won some large pots lately.

R

Richardszabo

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
When applied at the right time, it does not cause unnecessary losses, most times. I realized that bluffing is a very important part of poker, many do not realize this. I can tell you I use it often.

makisaa

makisaa

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
You cannot win if you don`t bluff. It is impossible to have always great hands and also your opponents to get in them! So you need the bluffs!:dancing2:

Lena M

Lena M

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Hello.
I rarely bluff. I prefer careful play and usually wait patiently for strong cards. But, of course, bluffing is an integral part of playing poker.

AllenKll

AllenKll

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This is regards to tournament play.I was an ABC poker player for years. Never bluffed. You know where it got me? sent to the rail.

Then I learned to bluff. And bluff I did... right out of wads of buy-ins . Overuse of a new tool is also bad.

I've learned to balance it (mostly) It's part of poker and required if you want to be a good player.

In regards to cash games..
I should bluff way less, but I still lose stacks of cash.. So I stay away from cash. It's almost like it's a completely different game.

N

NicoVlopez

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I still have not been able to incorporate this tool to the arsenal that I have. It is a technique that require to identify the right time to do it, because as well as can be very effective, it can also mean you are ruined if the time was erroneous.
Much skill is needed to identify the players and read their game, small signs can show which is the right time to make the bluff.

PistolPete89

PistolPete89

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Do you bluff? Sometimes, never, often? I'm still playing my rookie season in poker, I tried it very few times, it worked every time. Maybe not a bad way to steal a hand when you are chip leader. Of course you can always make an unnecessary loss.

Always remember that if you don't bluff, you are relying on luck. The key is to figure out which spots are good spots to bluff.

S

stephan7

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

I do bluff but it has to be in certain situations if many people are checking every round. So a big bet will probably scare them away.

igroksash

igroksash

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Bluffing is an integral part of the game. It is not always possible to get a good card, if the opponents allow you to bluff, then why not.

infonazar

infonazar

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I only bluff against players whose style of play I know well. Otherwise, there is a good chance of meeting a donkey.

57noona

57noona

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I try and bluff too much. That is one part of my problem playing poker.

63burner

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
rookie season, quick learner, bluffing and learning..

As you said, it's your rookie poker season, and you're choosing to bluff, steal hands, when in strong chip position. That's a good way to start bluffing. You will learn more with the bluffs that do get called, than the ones where you're the chip bully.

U

unrulie

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
the bluff

it;s not if you should bluff but how much ,, it can off set blind bleed ,, i started with a positional bluff along with table info i got .. i would suggest being as close but behind the bb .. cut off to start out with .. and do a percentage rate .. low .. i started with 1 hand out of 15.. if you get caught doing it wait before doing it again to gain some table credit .. or if you get a premium hand do the same as the bluff and use it to your advantage..

luckyou

luckyou

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Not much becouse playing micro at the moment and you cant bluff there a lot becouse there is a lot calling station with low pair :(

stylebender72

stylebender72

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
of course I need to be balanced a every spot so I need bluffs in my ranges ! this is a weird question.. Idk how you thought of this

P

possle

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Everbody does. Sometimes it'sneeded. But these spots are rare. Most of the bluffs are easy to see through and amateurish. A lot of people bluff moren often than they should. The problem is, that it works sometimes and brings a succsess on short term. Thats the point. Only on short term. On long term you'll lose commonly.