Do you bluff?

S

SubZero111

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
bluffing may or may not work at any time. It is the best part of the game. And is an art that you may get better at with time. It sucks to be caught, but great to catch someone.

swimbles

swimbles

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Obviously it depends on the situation, villain, position, stack size, etc. but I generally find myself bluffing way more than I should be because I'm a degenerate :D

manzanillo53

manzanillo53

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Do you bluff? Sometimes, never, often? I'm still playing my rookie season in poker, I tried it very few times, it worked every time. Maybe not a bad way to steal a hand when you are chip leader. Of course you can always make an unnecessary loss.
On the rare occasion, yes. I would bluff more but I am not good at it. Most of the time when I bluff, it is actually a semi bluff. A real bluff is rare for me. Or am I bluffing now. mmmmmm

G

gryllz_wins

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes, but rarely, it depends on the players on the table, position, stack sizes.

P

pokamasta77

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
but

what I hate most on bluffing, that is the definition of bluffing...

for me an all in before the flop with shitty Cards is also a bluff... and if you call this Cards and then lose because of bad luck…

then… it's the Beauty of poker :-(

gallocobain

gallocobain

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I rarely bluff I don't feel comfortable to do!

T

tuSavvy

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
It really depends on the ppl on the table and my stack. But normally I do not do it very often

kandauroff

kandauroff

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes, and a lot of especially playing at micro limits.

R

Roger1960

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don't really "bluff" as in having nothing and trying to get someone that could have a hand off their hand. But if it looks to me that no one is really catching the flop, I will take the pot if no one else seems to want it.
I am always amazed when I have the nuts and someone keeps trying to bluff me. I just smooth call it and wait til he bluffs again.

T

Taktik

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You must be able to bluff, for this you need to read the appett game well

Sdub2020

Sdub2020

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Of course I think everyone has tried to get a bluff through ever now and then.

Stabbi

Stabbi

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't fell good when i am bluffing... but yes sometimes when i am lossing game and i see noone is raising hand when i raise a lot. And i can bow see when other ppl are bluffing, it's so obvious. 😂😂

E

ElTigre

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Bluff

Of course. Always. It's quite hard to win in poker without bluffing. Especially in MTTs. Maybe in cash games you can win without bluffing.:cool:

R

ramignis

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
against weak players who often equalize it is better to bluff less often since they can even the third pair.

T_Dawg

T_Dawg

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm getting better at bluffing but people bluffing me more.

S

steve01991

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
do you bluff

i never bluff playing online, live is a total different beast though.

Phoenix Wright

Phoenix Wright

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
who doesn't ?

For one, nitty players.

As many have noted, bluffing has many benefits: everything from balancing range to table image. Do I bluff? Yes. More than I should? Maybe. For me, it really depends on the opponent/table though. Like others have said, some players are just not bluff-able. Many of them are beginners who are calling stations and bluffing against them is seldom ever a good idea. When I bluff, it is usually exploitative - especially if I have live reads on them.

I understand the few players that only semi-bluff. However, against the right player at the right spot - I could bluff with ANY two cards and make it work. Bluffing is a paradox in the sense that the more you do it, then the more likely you are to get called. Even a beginner will realize that you've bet every pot and can't have THAT many good hands, right? Bluffing less can make your selected bluffs more believable. I embrace table image though. If I get caught bluffing, then I adapt. Maybe they will lose a big pot to me because they just saw me bluff last time. Who knows? :D

T

TanteSjaan

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
97% of my games i dont bluff
3% i winn with bluf

Last edited:
A

andrzejaa

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Betting for everything is better than bluffing. Donkeys always check every barrel, but playing for everything can frighten them. If a better player tests you, you level his skills and thanks to that you will have 50% to win.

I

ios

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
PL
Chips
I bluff a lot, probably too much. But poker is a psychological game played by the cards, so you need to bluff if you wanna win ;)