CardsChat 30 Day Poker Training Course

D

DonkArmyFish

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Thanks for the reply.

Its from the PDF file, but don't have a hand example.
In the PDF they say you need at least 20 to 1 odds to call with a pocket pair pre flop.
If i calculate this correct 20 to 1 is 20+1=21 100/21=4,76%
If i had 21 to 1 odds witch is 21+1=22 100/22=4,54%
So when i calculate my implied odds pre flop i should have 4,76% ore less (not more as i posted) to make it a call ?

Greeting
\

Um no...?

odds of making a set with a pocket pair is 8/1 so if your pot odds are >8/1 I would think about the call?

The math you have just outlined I have never seen anywhere before when talking about odds..I could be completely wrong(and most honestly I probably am) But I don't think thats right

B

BrainMasher1

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
\

Um no...?

Odds of making a set with a pocket pair is 8/1 so if your pot odds are >8/1 I would think about the call?

The math you have just outlined I have never seen anywhere before when talking about odds..I could be completely wrong(and most honestly I probably am) But I don't think thats right

Thanks for the reply.

In the PDF on the top of page 47 in the grey part there is this line:

Code:
  Rule of Thumb: If you’re getting 20:1 or better implied odds, (at least) call
with a pocket pair pre-flop.
When i change 20 to 1 to % its 4,76%,
and when i change 21 to 1 to % its 4,54%
So to me that sounds like i should call pre-flop when i have 4,76% ore less.
But maybe I should just forget this one line of text from the PDF

Greeting

Tammy

Tammy

Can I help you?
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Has anyone been able to open the links in the PDF?
They look like underlined text without a link in it.
I use Foxit PDF reader,and as soon es i put my mouse on the underlined text the hand disappears with means its not a link.
There is an issue with that - I have a ticket in to get that fixed.

Tammy

Tammy

Can I help you?
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
franken222

franken222

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Wow! That's REALLY exciting news!

You guys are the absolute best at what you do, and I'm so happy to be a CardsChat member.

Whenever I talk to poker to anyone, I always mention CardsChat, and this is even another reason to mention it.

I'm going to get into this right away.

Thanks to everyone there, for their dedication, and hard work.

A

alsorory

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
very excited to oarticipate in this I am starting now

elchonga

elchonga

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
Hello It
would be good in the future if there were courses in Spanish if possible and if there are not and I am speaking without knowing
greetings

A2020

A2020

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I briefly took a look at the first chapters and really excited to give this course a go and watch it completely, will try to set a pace and complete it over the next weeks.
Will see how it goes. Already from the first chapters took some concepts that I was kinda familiar with, but really never pay much attention to them while playing.

A

airvikki

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
course

Good afternoon. I'm new at this. Please tell me how to download the course

J

JAJONGLEUR

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I am certainly glad I downloaded the App, otherwise I may have never bumped into the course. It contains a great deal of the information I didn't quite understand fully. I really appreciate it.

Pokerpoet2

Pokerpoet2

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
I am certainly glad I downloaded the app, otherwise I may have never bumped into the course. It contains a great deal of the information I didn't quite understand fully. I really appreciate it.

I am in total agreement with you, the course "how to be a winning Player in 30 day's" has improved my game immensely, over the last year, I still revisit the course now and again to refresh myself as the first time there were elements I didn't fully understand, and with the Cardschat free-rolls I have used the course tack-ticks to improve my results.
I would recommend the course to any-one starting up, Playing Poker for pleasure, fun and making a little profit, but don't get the idea you can do the course once and forget about it, Poker is a learning game and you have to go over things again and again to improve your game play.

When the fun Stops, STOP!

no13ody

no13ody

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
When I click the course link it takes me to the forum thread headings. Is it broken for me or am I missing something?

I couldn't quote the original top post, I believe, because of the image in it.

Tammy

Tammy

Can I help you?
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
When I click the course link it takes me to the forum thread headings. Is it broken for me or am I missing something?

Let me check into that. Are you on mobile or laptop/PC?

Tammy

Tammy

Can I help you?
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips

Which link are you clicking on? The one in the first post of this thread?

toni_brasco

toni_brasco

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Love the course, it has everything you need to know.
Then 100000 hours of playing and you are preety good.

no13ody

no13ody

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Which link are you clicking on? The one in the first post of this thread?
I'm on mobile and I'm clicking the link in the very first post of the thread. I'm on Samsung if that helps.

Tammy

Tammy

Can I help you?
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I'm on mobile and I'm clicking the link in the very first post of the thread. I'm on Samsung if that helps.
What browser are you using? Or are you on the CC app?

bosskms

bosskms

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I wish to thank cardschat and personally Collin and Katie for bringing to us this course. I am currently working through it and it is well made covering basic knowledge which is needed to build good base and start playing good at least at low stakes. I like the fact that the topics are carefully selected and briefly and well explained so that you can spend literally 15 to 20 minutes per day and cover it in one month as scheduled. Bringing such course to us for free is great so once again thanks. :)

Tammy

Tammy

Can I help you?
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I'm using the app
That is strange - I tried all different ways of accessing it, including from the app, and it opened up fine for me. Although I'm on an iphone...but I can't see why that would make a difference. I'll see if I can get some others with Androids to test it.

Does Cardschat gives you starting bankroll in the end of course?
No. :)

Tammy

Tammy

Can I help you?
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I'm using the app
So apparently this is an issue with the Android app. I would encourage you to use the site through your web browser instead. We're having issues with the developer of the app keeping it updated, so until we get new Apps created, using the site on the web browser is recommended.