CardsChat 30 Day Poker Training Course

C

Chase

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The course looks very interesting. I came here to learn and this seems like a good place to start.

Tammy

Tammy

Can I help you?
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I was talking in other post about a complete Poker course and here we are. Thanks in advance for the creators I will start the 30 days course today. I'll be around telling you how it goes.

The course looks very interesting. I came here to learn and this seems like a good place to start.
Let us know what you guys think!

hjuosh

hjuosh

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
MX
Chips

So. I'm already on day 3. The course It is very interesting and well conducted.
I would have loved it if the video have had images of both conductors.

ScooperNova

ScooperNova

Hair in a Biscuit
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
When you complete tasks do they get marked somehow? I thought I had completed a step but it doesn't really show anything to keep track of where I am. Thanks.

M

miriancastro

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Is the course still available?

G

gustiv03

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
GRACIAS

¡¡¡¡¡MUCHAS GRACIAS!!!!!
No puedo esperar para sumergirme en este!!!
¡Se ve elegante Collin y Katie y gracias a CC por dedicar tiempo a esto!

Q

qbblsw

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Are you planning on going in depth on base opening ranges at different stack sizes?

Are you planning on going in depth on base opening ranges at different stack sizes? I just started playing poker a few days ago and I feel like I have a somewhat decent grasp on playing preflop short to very short stacked (<20BBs), but am not super comfortable playing mid to deep stacked games and post flop yet.

C

Chase

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I'm working on the Art of bluffing right now and am really enjoying the course! I'm so new to online poker I don't have an account at any of the poker rooms yet. From what I can tell so far Replay Poker looks like a good place to practice what I'm learning so I'm off to see how to get an account there.

afecho

afecho

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I have been learning so much taking this training. I highly recommend it! I am getting a little lost in week 2 as I'm very new to poker and the terms and plays are confusing me but I understand it had to be created for anyone to take, not just the total newbies who have to google so often. Thanks for your help and the work put into creating this training! Very much appreciated!

ScooperNova

ScooperNova

Hair in a Biscuit
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Yes. Hover on the Poker Strategy and Rules tab at the top of the screen.
I still don't quite grasp how this works. I've downloaded the e-book and watched 5 videos but when I go back it's like I never started. Is there some way to track what you've done? Is there a test at the end?

C

Chase

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
My Journey so far.

Hand selection - not working. Played AA all-in twice in one game. Both times lost to AX that made a flush with the one X card.

Shove your strong hands rather than play them (10- 25 BB) - not working. Almost always get called by better, sometimes by worse (see above) and always lose.

Play aggressively - not working. Always get called by a variety of hands (some better, some worse), and always lose.

Draws - not working. They never come in.

ICM - never get far enough to use this. See above.

bluff/Semi-bluff - YES! This works. This is the only way I win hands.

Use position to your advantage - yes when bluffing. See above.

Think in ranges. Not working. People have specific hands not ranges of hands.

Play unpredictably - not working. Nobody cares, they just care about their own hands.

Check-raising - I see a lot of that. Almost always means I've lost the hand.

I'm loving this course! Yes, I am a bit of a glutton for punishment, but the future looks bright.

Last edited:
C

Chase

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I still don't quite grasp how this works. I've downloaded the e-book and watched 5 videos but when I go back it's like I never started. Is there some way to track what you've done? Is there a test at the end?
I keep track of where I am by making a post in the Course Discussion thread for each lesson. The course itself doesn't seem to have any tracking mechanism.

There is a big mid-term test in the Game Selection/Day 15 video but it's not marked. I guess you could call it an open-book test.

C

Chase

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hand selection - not working. Played AA all-in twice in one game. Both times lost to AX that made a flush with the one X card.

Shove your strong hands rather than play them (10- 25 BB) - not working. Almost always get called by better, sometimes by worse (see above) and always lose.

Play aggressively - not working. Always get called by a variety of hands (some better, some worse), and always lose.

Draws - not working. They never come in.

ICM - never get far enough to use this. See above.

Bluff/Semi-bluff - YES! This works. This is the only way I win hands.

Use position to your advantage - yes when bluffing. See above.

Think in ranges. Not working. People have specific hands not ranges of hands.

Play unpredictably - not working. Nobody cares, they just care about their own hands.

Check-raising - I see a lot of that. Almost always means I've lost the hand.

I'm loving this course! Yes, I am a bit of a glutton for punishment, but the future looks bright.
Better luck today. I've noticed that AA sure does lose a lot, but against the odds mine held up. The occasional draw came in. My mainstay - bluffing is still having more success than not. Worked on my push or fold technique. Was having some luck with that till the last hand when villain limped with AQs, I shoved with AJs and lost.

Still squeaked into 4th place (out of 100) and picked up $30 in a $1.10 R&A tournament. But, let's do the math. $30 / 4.5 hrs = $6.67/hr. Lots of room for improvement.

ScooperNova

ScooperNova

Hair in a Biscuit
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I keep track of where I am by making a post in the Course Discussion thread for each lesson. The course itself doesn't seem to have any tracking mechanism.

There is a big mid-term test in the Game Selection/Day 15 video but it's not marked. I guess you could call it an open-book test.
Thank you :)

C

Chase

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I'm nearing the end. Just two more lessons to go, the last of which I assume is a final test.

I wanted to post my thoughts now that I'm this far in and have had a chance to practice what I've learned. All of the concepts are great and it seems to me that just about everything I could need or want to know right now is there! The material is well presented. I like the injections of humor, especially by Katie!

I used the word "concepts" above purposely. The game seems to have a myriad of variables such as player's tendencies - which are largely stable but can change in an instant, random cards dropping at just the right or just the wrong time, ever changing state of the tournament, a wide variety of skill levels - strong/thinking through weak/inflexible, and lastly player's real-time emotional states. This explains why the approaches taken in the examples (pulled from real games) don't always agree with the theoretical concepts being taught. It's clear that variables affected play when the hand was actually played out that weren't obvious during the replay.

Hence I have taken the "concepts" and tried to apply them as best I can given my very, very limited experience. I do this in my own way taking my own read on the other players' actions into account and given the circumstances that exist at the moment. And yes given my own varying emotional and physical state.

So far I think I've been successful. This course has helped me get off to a great start. Thank-you Collin and Katie!

Last edited:
S

Steyn40

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Hallo where can a find bet online password please

Hallo where can I find bet online password please

rehktega

rehktega

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
How and where I can click to take this course, because I still haven't found it here.

M

MyAlexus22

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Can't wait to see if this course will help increase my skilla.:)

Maximus1980340

Maximus1980340

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
UZ
Chips
Thank you for being so worried about us, I will definitely take the course

K

KinsleyBrutal

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi,
I can't get in the link for the course. It seems very interesting. Could you please send me the thread.
Thanks

P

pariurisportive88

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
thank you for this course ! i hope i will play better after this course !