Bluffing

B

bstest

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Usually when I'm representing a strong hand, and the flop probably would not help anyone, and didn't help me, I'll make a bluff "continuation bet".

M

marvbake

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Very often. I don't go to a hand with the premeditated notion that I'm going to bluff going into it. I go off feel or history against players OR I try to rep the top of my range (using board texture if need be, not always tho). I say early on tho bluff as much as you can. get rid of your emotional inhibitions (scared to make a bad bluff, scared to lose money, etc., put yourself thru as many bluffing spots/possibilities as possible while also being creative). Early on you want to see as much as possible so that all the emotions you previously had are no longer there or the intensity of it is much lower

V

vashsv

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I bluff a good % of the time, just need to keep reminding myself not to do it too much on low limits, does not work very well, always get called with some garbage.

Serbianbeauty

Serbianbeauty

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Not often enough, but more and more as time goes on and gaining more experience.

vuk011

vuk011

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Poker is a bluffing game. :)
If you just wait for the "best hand" you won't win much.

dallam

dallam

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Depends on the situation and the stack. Anyway I'm not afraid to bluff, which is suprisingly pay out most of the time.

andsws

andsws

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
RO
Chips
Quite often but I need to fix some minor things, sometimes Im going with the wave and thats not good.

elJenio8

elJenio8

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Depends on situations, on how the players are on my table.. but is good to balance your games.. In same games i bluff , in others i dont

G

ggteam2

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I dunno, like twice in ten minutes with same opponent i guess - when i feel like the pot is mine right now i can bluff.

X

xexeu

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
whenever I try to not hit pulls the pot goes to glue

Zvezda kz

Zvezda kz

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Bluffing is an integral part of poker. If there is no bluff in your game, then you are missing something.

Iggykiddo

Iggykiddo

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Some barreling semi-bluffs every now and then

B

BDR-83

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I like to play spin&go and there I have to bluff very often.

Polytarp

Polytarp

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
...and how often do you tell the truth?:rolleyes:

V

vittopio

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
There is such a poker istina-- if your bluff does not reveal that you are bluffing often enough! My bluff frequency (and many players) depends on the players! I think if you are sitting in a position to have to bluff the nit more and vice versa!

Nikolay Nakhaev

Nikolay Nakhaev

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
too much bluff in the game a sign of fish
bluffing requires knowledge and experience when it is convenient and in what situation to carry it out
bluffing is used in conjunction with information on opponents, their quantity in the game and other factors at a particular moment before its application
so I don’t often bluff in a game

Igor Popadyk

Igor Popadyk

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
my opinion is that there should be less bluffs at micro limits, people often respond automatically, despite the fact that a flash or other combination could close, higher limits are a little different

PatriceM915

PatriceM915

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It's kind of hard to say it will depend on the style of player you're facing, but not much 5% of the hands I play.:)

Poma Lekain

Poma Lekain

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I bluff when I feel it is necessary.

HobokenNJ

HobokenNJ

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
How often do you bluff?

I would guess over 50% of the time my bet could be considered a bluff -- i.e., I'm not convinced I have the best had at the table. But some folks don't consider continuation bets to be bluffs, so maybe I'm less than that.

It also depends the players I'm against. If they're never folding, I sure hope I'm bluffing less.

E

erce

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
when i am tilted i bluff weary much and in hyper turbos i am weary aggressive and risk more with bluffs, but almost always it has devastating impact on mine chip stack:D, but some time with that kinda strategy i can get to final table but it is rare;):p

ironduke11

ironduke11

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
have to set a bluff from the start...cant just wait for a certain street and throw chips out...