Bluffing

D

dregan

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Only when it is very necessary. Out of need, I don't use bluff. At 70%, this leads to the loss of a significant portion of the stack.

MAGICUZ

MAGICUZ

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
if the stack is a lot, then often:cool:

A

angelamsmith05

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't think I bluff enough. I wish I would more bc i know i get pushed around a lot.

KristaK

KristaK

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
hi hi
i bluff occasional but sadly never well ... seems i usually get called
maybe i no bet large enough?
but if i over bet villains think its a tell i bluffing?

P

Pablo22

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't bluff a lot, but when I do I prefer to have a draw.

W

Wiflopper

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
As often as I need to to be somewhat aggressive. Depends what I know about my opponent. I try to cbet A lot when heads up. When I have 2 or more opponents and miss the flop I won't cbet with nothing.

terryk

terryk

TheCanuckwithalltheluck
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Practice bluffing in freerolls,,,,alot.Until your completely comfortable putting all your chips in,,,,

terryk

terryk

TheCanuckwithalltheluck
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
and when you have other players complaining about your play,,,then you know your on the right track. :cool:

TheniT

TheniT

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
The bluff should rather be used but with a lot of responsibility and knowing in which situation and against whom to give a bluff is very important, should bluff more players tights and never bluff players maniacs.

wsbar

wsbar

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Before bluffing you should pay close attention to who you will bluff. It's no use wanting to bluff a player who pays all the bets to the river, you'll only lose a stack, try to bluff against safe players, use a late position for that, if there is resistance from your opponents you should repeat them. Remember that you are not playing against idiots as many think, you are playing poker against opponents who have the same goal as you, to win stacks.

jrgum25

jrgum25

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I only bluff when it makes sense and I can take down a pot because I know my opponents are probably weak. However, bluffing too much leads to you getting caught and your stack will start to dwindle. Bluffing usually works best in position and only when it's used sparingly against the right opponents.

Risto234

Risto234

põrandaalune pokkerimängija
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
EE
Chips
and when you have other players complaining about your play,,,then you know your on the right track. :cool:

This usually happens (way too) often. Luckily i don't care at all about their opinion :cool:

Nikolay Nakhaev

Nikolay Nakhaev

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It is not recommended to use bluff often. This is especially loved by beginners.
This is still a special trick in certain situations with additional information.

infonazar

infonazar

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I bluff very rarely and only when I know how my opponent plays.

B

bagoly696

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
As the situation requires. But above all, if a man feels that no one has found the hand. You have to feel this.

M

mtmigmike

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The frequency of the bluff depends on the players I play with.

belizebum

belizebum

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BZ
Chips
I am usually shocked when I win with a bluff. I have been practicing using the bluff in certain situations. Most of the time, I win. Been caught a couple times and I often wonder what the other person is thinking.

D

dlam

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Not bluffing but generally I think I might have the best hand I will bet even if it’s crap
If you air bluff you better have a good knowledge of your opponent with from past plays or just observing

57noona

57noona

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
It all depends on the players at the tables for bluffing. If your playing with a bunch of people who will call you down then I wouldn't try to bluff once. If the table is a bunch of tight players then I would try and bluff as much as needed to get the chips you need.

DizzyDeb717

DizzyDeb717

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I rarely bluff. If I do, I usually go fairly small, because if I bluff large, I almost always run into some hidden monster lol

N

nameless1537

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I tend to bluff with cbets and occasionally if the river draws a scare card. My bluffs are usually small... not huge full-stack bluffs since I rarely use those kinds of bluffs in any other situation. My attitude is that if my bluffs are 1/2 pot, they’d only need to work over half the time in the long run for it to be profitable. And I’ve won my fair share of hands bluffing small to feel ok about being occasionally being pushed off an ok hand from time to time. If I do move up levels in cash games, I will undoubtedly be playing smarter players, and so I anticipate that bluffing will be an important part of my game.

Tournament are whole other story. It’s a requirement to bluff in tourneys to do well in tourneys so my aggression is a little higher. My attitude is that I need to create my own luck often times because I’ll never win a tourney only relying on cards I’m dealt.