The Best Poker Books - Win 2 Free Books!

Bev

Bev

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
t0dGQEmvUggC

I have never read any poker books - but I would likely read this one :)

BentleyBoy

BentleyBoy

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
A nice selection of poker books from which we can all choose our favourites or find a gem that we hadn't seen before, and of course rely on some sound advice from forum members following their reading of the book they recommend.

As for me, my starting book was the great HARRINGTON ON HOLDEM series. Great books albeit potentially dated now in some respects, with many players varying what they do far more greatly than indicated in the book.

Another book that is quite old but recommended to me by some others is THE THEORY OF POKER by David Sklansky. I see some other members have suggested this book too.

My final choice is TEXAS HOLDEM by Phil Hellmuth. An easy book to read and some great advice in there.

BB

lilu80

lilu80

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
PL
Chips
Hello players! My best book are:
"The Mental Game of Poker: Proven Strategies for Improving Tilt Control, Confidence, Motivation, Coping with Variance, and More" by Jared Tendler, Barry Carter
"Doyle Brunson's Super System" by Doyle 'Texas Dolly' Brunson

In the summary I recomendes add books:
"The fundamental theorem of poker" by David Sklansky
„Mental Edge” by Leszek „Lechrumski”
„Power Holdem Strategy" by Daniel Negreanu
The mindset and psychology issue in poker is the most important thing that we should start learning poker! Many players make the most important mistake and forget about the psychology of poker!
A very good new book is „Mental Edge” by Leszek „Lechrumski” It must be in the book list.

I like books by David Sklansky. We should not forget about the key classic book of this author "The fundamental theorem of poker". David Sklansky was the first to offer a starting card classification, which proved to be very useful, especially in the context of general poker tips. Although a lot of time has passed, his books still are up to date today!

As a curiosity that can complement our game with unconventional methods, I also recommend "Quantum Poker: Everything You Need to Know About Poker" by Derric Haynie.

Don't forget about books by Daniel Negreanu. His "Power Holdem Strategy" became a huge hit in 2008, because the Canadian showed in it his famous small ball strategy, on the basis of which the game is practically to this day.

Good luck with pure mindset in poker!

S

Salavat Kozhakhmetov

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
once again,Phil Gordon Little Green book is one of the best poker books for me,but now some of the materials in the books are outdated,as the game itself does not stand still!

Chalada12

Chalada12

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Books are always a good way to learn , specially when it comes to poker , reading some poker books can help you improve ur game , win money . From my favorites poker books , i can find here Harington on Online cash games . that s my favorite one .

Nikolay Nakhaev

Nikolay Nakhaev

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Judging by the reviews of the publication Harrington hold the first place among books about poker.
So the books are still not outdated as some argue that there is no point in reading them anymore[emoji106][emoji106][emoji106]

pirateglenn

pirateglenn

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
My second recommended book is:

The Mathematics of Poker

Bill Chen and Jerrod Ankenman

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/1886070...=9050376&hvtargid=pla-452523539226&th=1&psc=1

Described as "For decades, the highest level of poker have been dominated by players who have learned the game by playing it, ""road gamblers"" who have cultivated intuition for the game and are adept at reading other players' hands from betting patterns and physical tells. Over the last five to ten years, a whole new breed has risen to prominence within the poker community. Applying the tools of computer science and mathematics to poker and sharing the information across the Internet, these players have challenged many of the assumptions that underlay traditional approaches to the game".

monstr999999

monstr999999

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I read a lot of books...
but in our time... we need to constantly learn.. learn.. and learn again...)))
:icon_stud:icon_stud:icon_stud

UnTalTales

UnTalTales

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Studying poker is key to ... Take a look at this list ...: Poker Books
Let's compile...!
Thanks for the list Debi.

I have a kindle by D. Negreanu. A good book, but my prefered one is Every Hand Revealed by Gus Hansen. That is the method that suits me most: the analysis of hands in context (position, stack size, outs, equity, villain's characteristic, etc.).

I have not read any of the books on the list, so I can not support or eliminate them. I can only thank, again, the initiative.

Cheers,

UnTalTales

Syltan

Syltan

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The Book "Mind Games" 1 & 2 . In my opinion, a great book that helps to cope with tilt and be resistant to the blows of fate at the poker table. The book focuses on the psychological side of poker, which I think is an important criterion for a successful poker player. I confess I did not read it, but listened and it struck me. I recommend all the more it is an audiobook.

Helloween

Helloween

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I once tried to read this book, but my knowledge of English and poker terminology did not allow me to understand it completely.
Every Hand Revealed – May 1, 2008
by Gus Hansen

Attachments

• 41QP7XVi5BL._SX325_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg
    41QP7XVi5BL._SX325_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg
    27.8 KB · Views: 50
alienat3d

alienat3d

easy-going alien grinder
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Now that's really useful article for me! Thanks!
Well I haven't read even the half of poker books been listed there, but my most favorite authors stay: Dan Harrington, Collin Moshman, Arnold Snyder and of course legendary Doyle Brunson are my favorite.
There are two books I never heard of, but now, after reading those article, quite interested to read to:
Advanced Concepts in SNG Play and The Poker Blueprint
Looking forward for interesting reading! Thanks! :icon_stud

Paya_31

Paya_31

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hello, I had the opportunity to read some books that are in this collection, I would not eliminate either because they are many books and teaching strategies, but if you add some who are in Spanish for example Win at Poker - David Sklansky. There are several that I have not read but that caught my attention, so I'll try to read, thank you very much for this collection.

danoscar

danoscar

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
A good Poker Book

I just read pages 18 through 60 in David Skalansky's "Hold'em Poker". Great read. He groups specific cards into groups and goes into betting strategies and odds. Good read and loads of useful information.
:icon_stud :stupido:

wsbar

wsbar

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would not remove any books from the list, because all the books on the list have enough information to become good poker players, putting all this content together with practice, surely we will be good. I would like to inform Brazilian beginners to read a content available in pdf, "learning to play poker" is a book written by a Brazilian that certainly opened my eyes to the plays.

Spaceman

Spaceman

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Had the 2 free books award given yet? I would really love to win this prize, cause I am starting to take poker more seriously lately and I would really love some books to start with.

I really think Poker Theory of David Sklansky its the first book you definately have to add to your list. I think it still gets good reviews and is a top 10 for sure in most poker books lists!

alienat3d

alienat3d

easy-going alien grinder
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
By the way, have anyone idea, if there are some books or part of some book dedicated topics like GTO, working with post-flop solvers and balancing game? Would be very appreciated to have some clues about!

F

faf

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
By the way, have anyone idea, if there are some books or part of some book dedicated topics like GTO, working with post-flop solvers and balancing game? Would be very appreciated to have some clues about!
Applications of No Limit Holdem explains GTO poker pretty well.

bablovod

bablovod

stupid parody of the game
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
RU
Chips
I recently downloaded Doyle Brunson's book, an INTENSIVE POKER COURSE. no limit hold'em. I hope to read it soon. the most important thing is to have time to read in peace.

L

lokinet

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I would also add is Secrets of Professional Tournament Poker by Jonathan Little
and books from gus hanson. i like his way to play and i think we can learn from his thoughts

but i need to read more books at the moment my wins are more out of luck

veritasi

veritasi

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
really good list of poker literature, my favourite is super system, i wonder, why there are no books of david sklansky, i think he have good literature. next book that i want to read is
Sit 'n' Go Strategy by Collin Moshman i heard from my friends that this very useful book

N

Nano5722

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
In my opinion, this books are really good enough. I,ve heard something about them and i,m sure, that they can be usefull for everybody.To be honest, i haven,t read a single poker book yet, but this is just because in our country it,s really hard to find them. Anyway, i,m sure, that lots of good players starting their poker careers with this books many years ago.

Last edited:
bruno13xs

bruno13xs

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
The only Livo of porker I ever read was, MENTAL GAME OF POKER, is a very good book I recommend written by Jared Tendler.
I would love to win the HOW TO DOMINATE $ 1 and $ 2 NO LIMIT HOLD'EM written by San O'Connor