Be aggressive, does anyone agree with that?

D

danydidi

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Dany

Maybe when you are chip leader, its good to be agressive. But if not they will kick uo in the ass

DizzyDeb717

DizzyDeb717

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
It's not about being aggressive or not.
I check my moves with a real-time GTO tool like checkmathpoker.com.
Can't go without.

So what do you do when playing live? just curious.. or do you only play online?

toni_brasco

toni_brasco

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Well i think it is really true that you are ahead if you are playing aggressively , it`s hard to play against opponents like that, but this days if you are going on this online tournaments where are so many players you may be sure you will find tooo many players that will call your every hand with their 4 10 off suite and they will somehow win very often, so for me it`s better to be patient and to just pick up real moment to come in, you need in my opinion a nice bit of luck, no matter what they say.

A

andrei111

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The more aggressive you play, the greater the chances of winning the hand. This is because aggressive players who can make their opponents fold when the pot is big and while they still have the best hand

These are the players who win battles here and there mostly by being lucky, but never win wars...
It comes from so called recreational players who never have anything real at stake, so they never really care whether they lose and how much...
Think in terms of war: snipers rule over everyone for well-known reasons; and an amateur with a gun shooting from behind a wall has much better chances against a pro with an assault rifle in open...

Being aggressive is being stupid, given no chance to higher brain to override your reptilian brain. Just one unjustified all-in makes you lose everything or too much to handle. When you rarely have something weighty at stake, it conditions your mind to take losses easy - to the point you start believing you're somewhat great, face real pro, who creatively make you raise and reraise, bet and rebet - till you committed almost everything, bluffed, and went home empty-handed...
Isn't if funny that it's often tight pros that encourage and lure novices to be aggressive as the way of playing - and it's much fun to see in tournaments how such folks eliminate each other with their all-ins, paving pros who just take time and enjoy the moment cloudless roads to final tables...

As I said, being aggressive is proudly demonstrating you're being stupid and enjoy being taken advantage - instead, in every play take calculated, justifiable, maximally-allowed or below risk.

Borataylor

Borataylor

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think moderate aggressiveness is acceptable,it should match the cards, chances and the opponent.Otherwise, it's reckless.Everything should be in moderation.

JetmirDulja

JetmirDulja

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
Agressive play in the long run in my personal opinion will make you lose money rather that win .

Pokerishard

Pokerishard

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Agressive play is ok but don t exagerate....You can get in troble "for free" if you are to agressive....

M

Marcelobp

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i dont think that be agressive player you wiil have more chances to gain. Because needs experience, know how and a lot of study to understand the moments in the table. Have times you need more caution to improve your profits !!

I

ivan petrovic

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
BE AGRESSIVE OR NO

I think the agressiv play good for begin of tournament,and if you have good position.If you have the big card on pot and there no two card in same sight be agressive and my exspiriens sad that is good formula for take the chips.But everything is your decision in "that hand",and how others players thinking of you,be or look like player from who they never non what to expect.I am FOR AGRESSION sometimes.:D:mad::p

Lenka65

Lenka65

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Poker

Aggression is justified only at a table with tight players. But, if you use it too often, then in the end, and tight players will move you on all the streets. Use aggression pointwise.

DizzyDeb717

DizzyDeb717

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Obv I don't use CheckMath poker software in live games.
Checking some hands after the game ...
It's for online mostly ...

ahh ok. you said can't go without, so wondered..
that's why i think it's dangerous to lean on those when you play. some people pay less attention to the table and the players when they rely on software like that.

Amanda A

Amanda A

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yes, aggression wins but, I've also recently learned that passivity can have it's time and place. Against a very aggressive opponent sometimes it's best to just call and let them bet when you have a hand. Why give them notice that you have something if they are going to continue betting with a hand you probably beat?

RVTR7777

RVTR7777

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Go.

Aggression must be part of a poker player's good game.
Many aggressive players learned to use this tool and did very well.
Aggression does not mean going out like crazy, shooting everywhere.
Learn to use this tool with control, choosing your opponents well and good luck.
Good luck and come on.
I am in favor of the player who uses this tool.
:fight:
:icon_rabb

azforlife

azforlife

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
No IFs, ands, or nuts about it, gotta be aggressive especially in Cards Chat dailies where most regs wait for top 10%

T

tigervball

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Situation, situation, situation!

Pick your spots and your opponents to be aggressive against. You can also, make a lot more by laying back in the right situation.

AndyGamesPoker

AndyGamesPoker

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I definitely think that being aggressive is the best way to play. But of course not as a complete maniac, you can't be aggressive with any two cards. At the same time you cannot only be aggressive when you have a hand because your opponents will quickly realize to fold to you every time you display aggressive and it will be difficult to extract value. But with a nice combination of aggression with the right cards and well selected bluffs you are difficult to counter and often able to build up nice stacks and chip leads.

eberetta1

eberetta1

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I have seen maybe 90 percent of aggressive players in a cash game lose their bankroll before going around the table 5 times. It is probably 100 percent, but I am giving this a benefit of the doubt. Maybe I am confusing aggressive player with maniac style, but you have to admit, maniac style is pretty aggressive.

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Agree, it's easier to be less agressive than to be more agressive

German629

German629

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hello, Everybody! As for me, I'm play for Poker table in dependence from different factors:
when necessary I use aggression:joyman:, when need play very accurately:deal:, sometimes generally
I merely sitting for table, not playing:smile:, and try to catch my wave again...:cool: Something like that...:rolleyes:
That's all! ;):):D

perrywh

perrywh

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I adjust my play according to the players at my table!

Luca Santos

Luca Santos

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
There is an exception to the whole rule. Aggregation will not always bring you good results.

P

Poeffy

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Your opponents determine how aggressively you should play.

Lenka65

Lenka65

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Opinion

This is absolutely wrong behavior. Always be patient and calm. Even if you have 1 or 2 big blinds left. Life is unpredictable.

S

speeditall

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
it depends on the kind of game you are playing but I will advocate not to try it at home or at freerolls.