Be aggressive, does anyone agree with that?

Like2Play2

Like2Play2

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
everyone has their own strategy. Someone is playing aggressive and gaining a large stack. And someone plays passively and carefully and also picks up the stack.

Aggressive players tend to make my play too tight cause it’s the beginning of a 2 hours tournament and I find myself folding a lot of winning hands.

G

gichka97

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Aggression is not the best weapon in poker in my opinion. For me the best one player can do is to try to play most of the hands in different style. That can make it though for the others on the table to understand what you are having. Many time I have watched that most of the people who are very aggressive are bluffing in 65-70% of the plays.

Zvezda kz

Zvezda kz

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You're right. But you must understand that it all depends on the specific situation, the specific opponent, your position against the opponent, his preflop actions, blinds, etc.

Bobbybones1950

Bobbybones1950

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Be aggressive, does anyone agree with that?Reply to Thread

When I play poker in tournament I'm aggressive so i can build more stack, after building my stack I play tight up to the final table.

I am fairly new and am torn about this.

I usually play as you say build the stack then tighten up then the card's disappear. The blinds going up quickly and my 42 big blinds have quickly shriveled to 19 and suddenly I'm on life support. Now everyone is going all in and I get Whacked

Played today and decided to play strong Built my BB's up but decided to keep going. I called an All In from a fish with a ride range with my A 10s he shows 33 I lose and am crippled and out of the tournament shortly after.

:joyman:

B

blix177

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You ever seen a player after losing a pot, shove all-in hand after hand?

Don't be that player. That isn't aggression.

SightUnseen

SightUnseen

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Aggression is powerful in poker, betting until told otherwise is strong weather you have a hand or not. Best when you're in postion and pressuring them to a huge decision. In tournaments it is extremely strong to be super agro near the bubble an on final tables cause players are put to extremely tough decisions, either they choose to survive or bust. The key to everyone's success is different, do what works best for you and keeps you winning, not everyone gets the same results from the same kind of play. Do what works best for you.

R

royalflush122096

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It is the right thing to do to be aggressive and tight when playing poker!

Sergei 9417

Sergei 9417

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello! To start an aggressive tactics of the game, you must first study the opponents, otherwise a more experienced opponent will understand your tactics and take advantage of this and leave you without a stack. Sincerely, Sergey.

P

possle

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Being aggressive is neither right nor wrong. It is always the middle. Being too aggressive makes you seem too loose. You lose credibility.

olewerkrd

olewerkrd

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
using an aggressive style of play, fewer people risk playing hands that could potentially be stronger than the turn or river

MrPokerVerse

MrPokerVerse

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Aggressive play as a style that is very predictable and can get you in trouble. If you are playing a lot of hands that same way, you will get picked off. If you are playing TAG not a bad strategy but LAG can get you into trouble.

There is a few LAG players in a SnG group and they don't do will with regulars there. Playing these turbo type structures, they are short stacked by the forth level most of the time.

Having a complete game, being able to shift gears and mixing it up. Able to read the table to be aggressive when it is the most profitable.

V

vittopio

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Poker is a very dynamic game-- now it is not 10 years ago (you won’t achieve anything with ordinary aggression against thinking players). We fall into the flop in 1 case out of 3, any player who knows the basics of poker mathematics will adapt to your aggressive style and send you to make another deposit !!

P

pevfreitas

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I think it's worth it to be aggressive if the buy-in value is high.

S

some39thing

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you are too agressive to often, people will set traps with big hands

GreGo

GreGo

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
The more aggressive you play, the greater the chances of winning the hand. This is because aggressive players who can make their opponents fold when the pot is big and while they still have the best hand
In some cases it's can be very usefull.
For example, on the first phase of online tournament. You need to build up your stack as much as you can. And if your advantage is triple up - its gonna be very serious challenge to bet you.
In late phase - you'll be surrounded by regular players, and your strategy must tight up. Be careful)

partz

partz

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
define aggressive. if its all about crazy rises and bluffing to much thats a no

linaxmama

linaxmama

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
is a fact in poker, the more aggressive the player, the greater the long-term profit

T

tuSavvy

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I always have the feeling that I am always playing aggressive against the wrong players

Alex Sentsov

Alex Sentsov

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I agree. Aggressive play brings more than passive.

chilindrodolar

chilindrodolar

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I consider myself an aggressive player and if you are right when you say that sometimes players fold with the best hand, because it happened to me, that has its pro, also, its against, I sometimes consider being aggressive and then showing him the hand is missing respect, but I consider that they are strategies that I usually take not to play very shy. !!!