Be aggressive, does anyone agree with that?

makian

makian

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The more aggressive you play, the greater the chances of winning the hand. This is because aggressive players who can make their opponents fold when the pot is big and while they still have the best hand

B

blix177

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Your image matters a lot. Blindly going aggressive is going to lose the full stack in a hurry. Someone in a full table with a VP50+ isn't going to get the respect for their hands range.

blackclover

blackclover

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
When I play poker in tournament I'm aggressive so i can build more stack, after building my stack I play tight up to the final table.

Joe

Joe

99.98% Kiln dried
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
The more aggressive you play, the greater the chances of winning the hand. This is because aggressive players who can make their opponents fold when the pot is big and while they still have the best hand

While aggression is certainly a key factor, there are no 'one size fits all' answers in poker, if you deploy the aggression card at the wrong table at the wrong time:- you're more than likely going to buy yourself a direct ticket on the express train to Lobbyville.

I would argue that there are both more and less important factors than aggression but the key to success lies in being aware of, and utilising, as many of them as you can (given observation and analysis of the variable circumstances you find yourself in) at any given time.

How's that for a succinct little bowl of word salad!? :laugh:

:lollypop:

BenSprocket

BenSprocket

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

Situation-dependent.

B

bempassado

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I believe it depends on the opponent. If you play against passive tight or passive loose players it can work most of the time, but when you get a TAG or a LAG you will probably lose heavily. Finally, know when and against what. betting is the key to a balanced game.

wolfik1950

wolfik1950

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
for some, aggression is mistaken for stupidity, and this is a simple way to lose chips .... I know something about it:mad:

mar_dragan

mar_dragan

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

Be aggressive if your cards allows that.
You cant be aggressive with 7 2.Or you can't be aggressive with 8 3.
So good answer is if you can use your cards for aggressive play,then do it.

finaltable1

finaltable1

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Well, I don't understand why we're not turning aggression level to 999% in games like CC freerolls?? Why waste 3hours of life time for a chance to win 20$ for the first place??, while all participants can simply push all-in with any two cards during first 10 minutes and that's it.

Awesome-monster-murder-action-romp-Darkborn-is-no-more-1.jpg
Made a selfie today!

I

Ishnock

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Premium hands: Aggressive, but not before the flop.
Solid hands: Semi aggressive
mediocre hands: Low Calls and checks only to see if my hand is playable
Dead hands: Fold fast and loud.

elJenio8

elJenio8

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yeah you need to be agressive to win tournaments..

But you dont need to be aggresive to cash..

Depends on what you want

Ranish625

Ranish625

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

I'm an aggressive player, I just can't play any other way, it's not a tactic, I guess I just have this character

N

nellorossi83

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Its a good strategy, but you wont win always this way, i think a patience opponent can win you sometimes

L

lusquinha2020

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
sometimes is the best way to play against tight players, but you have to know when to stop being aggro. If you keep playing agressive, your enemy will understand that you play with many hands and most of them is not a strong hand as a tight player hand

C

caracaski220

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
caracaski220

For sure. Probabl the best advice I got from a ggod poker player who was showing me the ropes was. Raise or fold! Calling is for loosers.

Aleksmy

Aleksmy

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
everyone has their own strategy. Someone is playing aggressive and gaining a large stack. And someone plays passively and carefully and also picks up the stack.

ChickenArise

ChickenArise

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l52pt4QB4Io&feature=em-uploademail[/ame]

K

kubistok

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Being aggressive is good, but it must be at the right time and against the right opponents.