Be aggressive, does anyone agree with that?

Ice Wolf

Ice Wolf

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think that there are way to many variables that come into play to just make this an end all be all type of a statement. Depends on opponent, table image, the flop, even perhaps to where you are playing as to how aggressive you want to be. Myself I actually like playing against consistently aggressive opponents.

Crash Burn

Crash Burn

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Being aggressive in an MTT or SNG or even in a cash has its moments. At the right time, I believe you have to be aggressive.

B

BodhiLummox

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Absolutely, it's in cycles. Aggression begets momentum. This usual follows a period of pensive strategizing and then it repeats again. Aggression has its benefits.

carlosnuno

carlosnuno

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Aggressive poker is still the best way to win, as the exploitative game of rivals' mistakes and errors allows us to have an infinitely higher win rate than waiting for good cards and playing them, obviously, the better we know the basics of poker , the better we will play against any rival and the more times we will overcome him in the game.

F

futureballoon

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'd say selectively aggressive would be a better term. You do want to be aggressive but be very choosy about when and where. I think maybe even conservatively aggressive would work?

If you're not conservatively aggressive you'll eventually make a mistake that ends up costing you a lot of chips. Pretty tough to recover after those kinds of mistakes.

Therminator

Therminator

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Pros and Cons to being aggressive and sometimes being aggressive pays off especially against conservative opponents.

lexyyxel

lexyyxel

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I play aggressive when i have midel hand that can be beaten to see if i am safe or should run away.
Generally playing aggressive is better always but don't be fish given away your chips for free!

D

dompoker

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If I agree with you, playing aggressively is the fastest way to get chips and go far in a tournament.

C

caracaski220

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
caracaski220

Absolutely - Be aggresive. Thats the number one rule but not crazy. If you are just being agressive without strategy a good player will trap you.

German629

German629

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hello, the All CardsChat Community! I think, in Poker, as and in Life, better keep "Golden Middle" :cool: in all,
including and "aggression"...;) Main, in necessary time to change speeds:joyman:: this is a sign real Skill, by my opinion...:deal:

A

andrzejaa

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The only profit I've had from poker is thanks to the aggressive game, so I recommend playing that.

S

sheldon20264

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
So I agree that at the poker table you need to be a little aggressive, but in terms of poker, not in terms of behavior)

BlackJesus

BlackJesus

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Wrong. In the long term, playing tight pays off better.

david1bear

david1bear

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I feel you should pick and choose your battles there is a time and place for everything :O) Being one way is not a good poker strategy.

R

Roger1960

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Being aggressive can lose you chips. If you are too aggressive then all will fold and you will only get blinds, good in later rounds...
At the start the blinds are way too small to be playing like you are at the final table.
I find it funny when the super aggressive players keep over-betting. I just wait til I have the nuts and take their chips. I think while playing against them...Did they learn anything yet?
Some just don't know when to fold..

andreypuch

andreypuch

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You need to be aggressive in moderation, and think about who You are playing against. If a player has a vpip / pfr -12/10 for example, and he is with You in the hand, I think He is unlikely fold to Your aggression. No need to overplay your hands, I think.

5KINGLEO5

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
aggression works well only for a certain type of players, there are players who will call you before the river, and collect their nuts.

run187

run187

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
It depends on who you're playing and how many chips you have.
If you're playing against a cs donk then they will call you with q6 of Hearts expecting runner, runner hearts as they Have a flush draw" ..

W

wizcup

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Aggressive is important. But still be tight. I think most people define aggression as playing very wide range and bet extraordinaire amount. It's not like that. Aggressive is just betting with high amount.

The point is being aggressive with any hand and you will lose. Be aggressive when the time comes. All-in is very acceptable and advised if after you look at board and calculating, your hand is the best nut.

TLDR: BE AGGRESSIVE!

VVi10

VVi10

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Yes, it´s good be aggressive, but sometimes with caution, because is not all the time that the flop will be good for you, sometimes you have a better hand pre-flop, but when comes the flop you may change your hand to a weakly one, so it needs to be very patient

Sdub2020

Sdub2020

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Aggresive play wins most of the time. Unless they have the nuts then aggressively is not a good way to play.

uri73796

uri73796

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Aggressive poker will remain one of the most important aspects in poker and it allows exploiting opponents who open up a lot of marginal hands.

riff_raff312

riff_raff312

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Aggressive play works at MTT i think because you get moved around from table to table,if your playing a single table i have found aggressive play needs to be used when your in a good position other wise you can be trapped and loose a portion or even all of your stack.:eek:

The Riff_Raff :cool:

M

markmu

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Aggressive poker will remain one of the most important aspects in poker and it allows exploiting opponents who open up a lot of marginal hands.

I see it the same way. When i feel good and have a run, then i play best when i play aggressively.

DizzyDeb717

DizzyDeb717

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
The more aggressive you play, the greater the chances of winning the hand. This is because aggressive players who can make their opponents fold when the pot is big and while they still have the best hand
I think you have to use aggression more carefully than most aggressive players I see out there. When I see someone use that every hand, I just know they will be out soon. Most of the time they are. I love a table with a few of them going at it at the same time because it thins the herd quicker lol

Also, it's easier to be aggressive when you're having a good run. It takes a special set of skill/balls to pull it off when you're having a run of dead cards. That's a skill I don't have the nerve to try. Very rarely anyway.
I'll run into AA or some other monster every time, in the hands of a player who won't fold it to nothing.