** April's Micro Grinder Thread 2NL - 25NL **

slycbnew

slycbnew

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The more I think about this, the more I'm curious what odds we'd need to do this regularly OOP.

Let's say UTG raises 4x, the CO and button both call, and we call from BB with 76s. Flop comes down Q76r. Let's say we're inclined to c/r this flop - but UTG checks because the CO and button are both yet to act, and they both check because they whiffed the flop.

Or let's say we donk bet the flop - unless the flop hit someone, or you're up against QQ, KK, or AA, everyone's going to fold.

Seems to me that playing this postflop OOP is going to suck huge and I'm concerned we're not making enough here to justify calling pf and folding all the times we don't hit at least two pair or a flush draw.

Jurn8

Jurn8

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
yeah he said that others will get more value obvs because of the straight potential so ill see how it goes for a while

kleitches

kleitches

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Tonight I'm getting to bed early (4 am, early for me). Tomorrow, I will wake up and pwn the hell out of poker and get back my mojo. Cheers! :beer:

Jurn8

Jurn8

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
took another shot at 50nl last night, had two sessions and ended up breakeven (+$5) lol

I had set under set and dude river a flush with my straight aswell.

Made a few observations about villians that they love to set mine OOP in 3bet pots, chase draws mainly flush draws and some of the play is plain horrible. If I could run goot for a few sessions please poker gods.

I was still abit nervy/edgy about moving up and wasnt being as aggro + was getting 3bet to fu*k when stealing when I had hands like AQs, KJs but I just didnt know what to do lol Im settling down now and being more aggro and it seems to be working better.

I think table selection is so important and also table seating as I was sat to the right of a very aggro LAG who just 3bet me all the time which sucked, I might try 4betting light but I dont know how and what ranges with lol

GL guys

Jurn8

Jurn8

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Here's a hand to discuss guys, pfr is 17/14/1.5 I flat Cbet and then he fires again on the turn near pot as we turn two pair. What is our turn line?

p.s dont know if this should be in HA but we discussed about putting hands in here so heres one

Poker Stars, $0.25/$0.50 NL Hold'em Cash Game, 9 Players
Hand History Converter by Stoxpoker

CO: $35.80 (71.6 bb)
Hero (BTN): $54.55 (109.1 bb)
SB: $9.50 (19 bb)
BB: $69.80 (139.6 bb)
UTG: $51.10 (102.2 bb)
UTG+1: $10 (20 bb)
MP1: $7 (14 bb)
MP2: $50 (100 bb)
MP3: $58.30 (116.6 bb)

Pre-Flop: Hero is BTN with A:diamond: J:diamond:
3 folds, MP2 raises to $1.50, 2 folds, Hero calls $1.50, SB folds, BB calls $1

Flop: ($4.75) 7:spade: 4:diamond: A:spade: (3 players)
BB checks, MP2 bets $3.50, Hero calls $3.50, BB folds

Turn: ($11.75) J:club: (2 players)
MP2 bets $9, Hero??

eNTy

eNTy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Repop him to ~25 and expect to see AK maybe AQ and a (nut)flushdraw? and hopefully not a set.

Or play it safe, flat this bet, hope you are ahead and he doesn't river a flush or something and hope he fires a 3rd barrel.
(which imo is unlikely since flatting his bet twice will make him suspicious and if he has AK/Aq he'll probably get that it's no good.)

Jagsti

Jagsti

I'm sweet enough!
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
MP1 Opened, this is 25NL.

Damn, I thought every1 played 100nl :eek:.

Well I flat this usually in FR. Unless of course I have been smoking crack, then I'll just shove arrriiinnn! :p

O

orangepeeleo

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I agree w/ table selection lol, was playing last night and thought i'd have a look at the lobby to see if there were any juicy tables, noticed my tables were floating around the bottom of the list with like 20% players per flop (6max!) so i started getting on new waiting lists and changing tables for once in a session, it's something i've never done before and i made 5BI's so its definetly something that i'm paying more attention to in the future.

I only play 4 tables of 6max at a time though so i dont think i could switch tables as easy playing FR but for last night at least, i think it helped my winnings a lot.

Jagsti

Jagsti

I'm sweet enough!
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Here's a hand to discuss guys, pfr is 17/14/1.5 I flat Cbet and then he fires again on the turn near pot as we turn two pair. What is our turn line?

p.s dont know if this should be in HA but we discussed about putting hands in here so heres one

Poker Stars, $0.25/$0.50 NL Hold'em Cash Game, 9 Players

CO: $35.80 (71.6 bb)
Hero (BTN): $54.55 (109.1 bb)
SB: $9.50 (19 bb)
BB: $69.80 (139.6 bb)
UTG: $51.10 (102.2 bb)
UTG+1: $10 (20 bb)
MP1: $7 (14 bb)
MP2: $50 (100 bb)
MP3: $58.30 (116.6 bb)

Pre-Flop: Hero is BTN with A J
3 folds, MP2 raises to $1.50, 2 folds, Hero calls $1.50, SB folds, BB calls $1

Flop: ($4.75) 7 4 A (3 players)
BB checks, MP2 bets $3.50, Hero calls $3.50, BB folds

Turn: ($11.75) J (2 players)
MP2 bets $9, Hero??

Jake, I think posting hands ITT, that require some good discussion (ie did you play it fine, are there alternative lines that are more EV than others etc etc) is goot for this thread, and is exactly what it need right now. The last page or so have proven that as there's some good discussion going on here. So fwiw, I think postin the occasionla hand in here is great.

Guys just be careful not to post too many hands at once as this thread will get really confusing. Let the discussion finish on this one, then if someone else would like to post another one say tommorrow that will be fine.

My default line on the turn here is to r/r and look to play for stacks. There's probably an argument to flat here, and shove a non spade river as that looks like you just wiffed your flush draw, but this guy is pretty passive post flop with an AF of 1.5 and he has double barelled. So he's probably not letting go now, so I think the r/r here is fine. If he has a set, then sorry your gonna pay him off I think!

Jurn8

Jurn8

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have another hand lol it was such a shitter of a spot but I could have maybe got out of it preflop tbh but see what you guys think.

So far in my second shot at 50nl I am up 2.5 BI's I feel SO MUCH better about my game than I did last time and even last night when I was talking to enty whilst 4 tabling I had no confidence + still stuck in the $$ side of things but I thinks just standard when moving up but now I feel better.

ATM I am 8 tabling and keeping it simple and experimenting with some plays once or twice a session finding out the regs and who are the good ones.
Experimenting check/raise bluffs after flatting pre OOP on dry boards (only done it once) and havent had the guts to squeeze from blinds when somebody ISO raises or 4bet somebody from late position as I dont have the balls yet lol and not sure when the position is correct.
However just keeping it simple and trying to make a solid start.

I will post the hand later for advice.

eNTy

eNTy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
And havent had the guts to squeeze from blinds when somebody ISO raises or 4bet somebody from late position as I dont have the balls yet lol and not sure when the position is correct.

I will post the hand later for advice.

There's always HA for the hand :).

And I think a sweat with someone who has experience at the level will definitely do you good, at least in these spots. They should be able to let you know when it is the right time, or at least give you some idea when you can do these moves.

Jagsti

Jagsti

I'm sweet enough!
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
ATM I am 8 tabling and keeping it simple and experimenting with some plays once or twice a session finding out the regs and who are the good ones.
Experimenting check/raise bluffs after flatting pre OOP on dry boards (only done it once) and havent had the guts to squeeze from blinds when somebody ISO raises or 4bet somebody from late position as I dont have the balls yet lol and not sure when the position is correct.
However just keeping it simple and trying to make a solid start.

^^^^^

This, don't get carried away whilst taking shots with FPS.

Your style at 25nl is more than enough to beat 50nl m8.

Keep it simple and get some winning sessions in first before you start making some advanced plays.

Jurn8

Jurn8

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
people love to limp call all kinds of garbage at 50nl alot of people limping suited cards and its starting to frusrate me.

oh well hopefully the next session will be better!

Jurn8

Jurn8

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
well after a -1BI session a +2BI session fixed it up, to end a +3.5BI start to round 2 of 50nl I decided to call it a day even though I want to play more think its just better for my confidence if I make a solid first day start.

However I started with a +2BI first day in my first shot so need to focus and keep playing well and hopefully run goot tomorrow.

50nl sucks in the day also thers no goot tables so may just play 25nl in the daytime tomorrow as I feel I can do ok there versus all the regs and other players. Then play 50nl on saturday evening which should be fun please let me run goot poker gods !

Dwilius

Dwilius

CardsChat Regular
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
well after a -1BI session a +2BI session fixed it up, to end a +3.5BI start to round 2 of 50nl I decided to call it a day even though I want to play more think its just better for my confidence if I make a solid first day start.

I agree, good for the mindset to take some small positive steps to start. Keep it up...but you realise you're going to get kicked out of your own thread. :icon_tong You'll have to start a lowstakes grinder thread next month :top:

eNTy

eNTy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If all goes well by the end off next month I'll join u in there jurn :p

And try not to be too hung up on + or - buyins. I know you're good at not looking at your results :).
It's not the end of the world if you end a session down a buy in and it's not necessarily an indicator of how good u are at 50nl.

Jurn8

Jurn8

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
but I belong in here :(

Im up for today going to play some hot pokahz + hopefully run goooooot !!!
Also I wasnt going to take this shot at 50nl this month I was going to keep grinding 25nl and start again next month but Jagsti persuaded me to take another shot lol!

Have a good day guys!

Jurn8

Jurn8

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
where the hell r all the micro grinders !!

Lets get into some hands cmon MoFo's !!

eNTy

eNTy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I posted a bunch in HA.
Look there if you want fellow grinders of the micro :).

Also played a 6max 25nl session earlier. It was fun and more than a buy in up in the end but I am not totally convinced I can regularly play it without spewin' outta control :(

dg1267

dg1267

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
My pokers is teh suck! Spent a week going up just to lose all profit plus some in about 400 hands. My game stays the same but the villains just keep getting better. Who knew that 92o was the nuts? Big loss of the week was AKs<92o. Raised 5x to iso a limper, BB (who was ~55/35/1) shoves, I call and he turns over friggin' 92o!!! My stats were around 15/10 so I wasn't going maniacal or anything. Bah! I sometimes wonder if it's even worth it.

I've seriously thought about just building up a 1k b/r and then starting out at a higher level. This crap in the gutters is seriously starting to life tilt the shit out of me.

ajrobin

ajrobin

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Quick hand here:

Villians 60/20/5 over 20 hands with a inf river agression. Hes got a donk bet of 100% so I raise it up and he calls it. I check the turn trying to keep the pot small with only tpgk. River gives me two pair but fills the fd and he bets out. Are we happy to go AI here?

--------------------
HAND #1
--------------------

poker stars, $0.02/$0.05 NL Hold'em Cash Game, 6 Players

SB: $4.52 (90.4 bb)
BB: $5.13 (102.6 bb)
UTG: $16.11 (322.2 bb)
MP: $4.24 (84.8 bb)
Hero (CO): $5 (100 bb)
BTN: $4.93 (98.6 bb)

Pre-Flop: Hero is CO with K:spade: Q:heart:
UTG calls $0.05, MP calls $0.05, Hero raises to $0.20, BTN folds, SB calls $0.18, BB folds, UTG calls $0.15, MP calls $0.15

Flop: ($0.85) Q:spade: 9:club: 8:club: (4 players)
SB bets $0.25, UTG folds, MP folds, Hero raises to $0.75, SB calls $0.50

Turn: ($2.35) 3:diamond: (2 players)
SB checks, Hero checks

River: ($2.35) K:club: (2 players)
SB bets $1,

Jurn8

Jurn8

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
He's betting kind of small on both flop + river.

I kinda think he could have A9 or A8 or any random 8 or 9 + flush draws + obvs a Q like QJ,Q10.
However when he bets small on the river I think he could either be trapping with a flush or trying to keep the pot small because he is worried about the flush that has hit.

Once he bets 1 on the river the pot is now $3.35 and he has 2.57 left behind so if you shove he's getting 5.92/2.57 = 2.3/1 to call so I think he will call.
However if you want to play it "safe" or just not build the pot bigger with the two pair because you may think he hits the flush then your getting 2.35/1 = 2.35/1 to call which is a good price so I think you have two options.

If I have worked it out correctly lol IMO hes basically an unknown because of the small sample I think I would ship it and expect to see weaker hands more of the time tbh.

dg1267

dg1267

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Don't rule out small PP's with that type of betting at that level. Yesterday I had AJs and flopped two of my suit. Preflop I had raised IP and the BB min reraised me. When the flop comes out, he min bets I 3x his bet he calls. Turn comes a blank he 2xBB, I call. River fills my flush, he minbets again I raise it to pot size and he calls and shows me pocket 4's.

You see this kind of betting out of 60/5/1 type of players when they have no clue where they stand, but they think they might be good. If you see a player doing a lot of this and calling down its a good time to check to see where he stands on the flop. If he min bets, just double him if you have a marginal hand or really good draw. Then, if he calls that, you can value bet the hell out of them when your hand does hit or you think you have better.

B

brendonius

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm having a difficult time with C-Betting at low stakes..particularly 2NL.
Is it something I should just avoid altogether?

For example...Lets say I'm Button First to act and raise to 0.08 with JQs
SB folds, BB calls (lets say a 45/2/0.5)
Flop comes 10-7-2 rainbow.
BB checks, I bet 1/2 pot. BB calls.
Turn is a blank.
BB checks, Hero...?
Should I give up at this point? Or fire again.

Probably not enough information at this point...Just looking for a generality with when to fire or when to just give up.

Thanks in advance.

c9h13no3

c9h13no3

Is drawing with AK
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Probably not enough information at this point...Just looking for a generality with when to fire or when to just give up.
95% of the time, you should just give up. If you turned a good draw that gives you some semi-bluffing outs, or you have a read that the player isn't terrible, you can barrel the turn. But for the most part, when 2$ NL donks put $ in the pot postflop, they're going til the end. Hence why you should be very selective about which flops you c-bet. At 100NL, I c-bet almost everything because I can often 2-3 barrel players off of weak hands. At 2NL, you really can't, and they will call any amount with bottom pair.