** April's Micro Grinder Thread 2NL - 25NL **

Jurn8

Jurn8

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm having a difficult time with C-Betting at low stakes..particularly 2NL.
Is it something I should just avoid altogether?

For example...Lets say I'm Button First to act and raise to 0.08 with JQs
SB folds, BB calls (lets say a 45/2/0.5)
Flop comes 10-7-2 rainbow.
BB checks, I bet 1/2 pot. BB calls.
Turn is a blank.
BB checks, Hero...?
Should I give up at this point? Or fire again.

Probably not enough information at this point...Just looking for a generality with when to fire or when to just give up.

Thanks in advance.

Yeah I dont think double barrelling is good at micro's tbh. Just give up in general from 2nl - 25nl unless you turn a big draw or something. I dont think its profitable to double/triple barrell at the micros tbh.

S93

S93

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yeah I dont think double barrelling is good at micro's tbh. Just give up in general from 2nl - 25nl unless you turn a big draw or something. I dont think its profitable to double/triple barrell at the micros tbh.
I actualy have a stats on a few 25nl regs that have like <40% fold to c-bet but like 90%> fold to double barrel.
Thouse guys are obvs. awsome for double barreling(but there low fold to cbet also means im c-beting them less unless if already decited that i will double barrel most/all turns).
But yeah as a general rule double barreling with air at the micros isnt the best idea imo.

GunslingerZ

GunslingerZ

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Grrr, I've never been so tilted from a hand I technically didn't even lose... :mad:

No HH for reasons forthcoming..*

25NL, 100BB effective, I raise to $1 UTG w/ AA. Laggy McLagtard makes it $3 to go. This guy's been going to the felt with everything, and I've been waiting my turn, now I'm salivating. I pop it to $8.50, he flats. Flop comes 8 3 2 rainbow, I ship it for pot, he SNAPS with... AKo!

I'm 98% to win, 1.5% to tie, and 0.5% to lose.

Turn/river come 4,5 for the CHOP, and I pay 5BBs in rake.

* No HH because, while HEM has the results of the hand as part of all parameters, it won't display the hand itself because it has an issue with split pots, and I don't feel like digging up the original file on my PC. :mad::mad:

Jurn8

Jurn8

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Just made my new pop ups, one on the left is the main click pop up and the one on the right is when I hover over VPIP.

Its much more organised and hope should be better to use, found it from just typing in HEM pop up on google then made my own adjustments and im really pleased with it tbh.

Attachments

• HUD.jpg
    HUD.jpg
    34.7 KB · Views: 15
GunslingerZ

GunslingerZ

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Those are nice, Jurn. I made one customized pop-up when you hover over cbet, it includes c-bets all streets plus 3-bet pot, fold to cbet/raise cbet/donkbet vs a pfr all streets, and betting in position and OOP all streets after a missed cbet. Pretty similar to info on the default pop-ups, but like you said, more organized and in one spot.

I definitely want to make more for each statistic on my main HUD. Customization is the shiz-nizzle.

Caseace48

Caseace48

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Switching to 6max

Hey guys, I havn't posted on this thread in a while now. I have been working myself up slowly from 10NL FR multiing between 8 and 10 tables for the past 6 months. I usually only get about 8-10 hours a week in but will be having a bunch more time over the next few months. I'm currently at 25NL and have fluctuated as high as $741 with my BR and have dipped as low as $540. I just can't find that same consistency as with 10NL and to be honest have become quite bored with FR. I'm very interested in switching to 6max, and wanted to begin with 4 tables most likely. Looking for good threads/videos to study for the 25NL 6 max level and just any general advice. Also what HUD stats to pay special attention too etc etc. Thanks for any help, sorry if this same form of question has been asked previously.

RogueRivered

RogueRivered

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
* No HH because, while HEM has the results of the hand as part of all parameters, it won't display the hand itself because it has an issue with split pots, and I don't feel like digging up the original file on my PC. :mad::mad:

I know how to make it show the split pot (well, I've done it before, but need to look it up again). Let me know if you're interested and I'll figure it out again.

Jurn8

Jurn8

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hey guys, I havn't posted on this thread in a while now. I have been working myself up slowly from 10NL FR multiing between 8 and 10 tables for the past 6 months. I usually only get about 8-10 hours a week in but will be having a bunch more time over the next few months. I'm currently at 25NL and have fluctuated as high as $741 with my BR and have dipped as low as $540. I just can't find that same consistency as with 10NL and to be honest have become quite bored with FR. I'm very interested in switching to 6max, and wanted to begin with 4 tables most likely. Looking for good threads/videos to study for the 25NL 6 max level and just any general advice. Also what HUD stats to pay special attention too etc etc. Thanks for any help, sorry if this same form of question has been asked previously.

HUD

https://www.cardschat.com/forum/learning-poker-57/beginners-guide-hud-heads-up-display-149734/

sorry cant find anything on 6max as I am a FR player but im sure some of the 6max guys here will help you out.

Jurn8

Jurn8

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
fwiw guys, over the 15k at 50nl I have now I havent found it that challenging/tough there is only two regs that I dont want to sit to the right of who I feel are pretty good aggro regs but the others seem weak/tight or nitty. Definately a surprise tbh, I thought there would be alot more tough regs there.

kleitches

kleitches

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Jurn and the other FR players out there, anyone available for a sweat sometime this week? I'm making the switching to 25nl FR and would love some guidance.

Jurn8

Jurn8

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
man swingaments today, finally settled at +~4BI's some shitty horrible spots and some coolers but happy with the way I played. Probs have another session later on will be posting like 10 hands in HA for line checks and advice later.

Jurn8

Jurn8

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Jurn and the other FR players out there, anyone available for a sweat sometime this week? I'm making the switching to 25nl FR and would love some guidance.

Yeah cool man, whenever is good for me probs not tomorrow as I am travelling home 2moro but any other day is goot.

eNTy

eNTy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Don't listen to him.
I asked jurn in january to sweat, then again last week.

Still remain unsweated...

neil1603

neil1603

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello, been lurking this thread for a while and I have picked up loads of help. I'm newish to playing cash games but I have played a lot tournaments so I'm not a complete novice.

I have what I feel is a problem in my game when playing a straight or flush draw, here is a hand history from today, I feel I played this hand all wrong so I have posted it complete for your comments. New to posting hand historys so ask away if you need any more info.

pokerstars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.10 BB (8 handed) - Poker-Stars

MP2 ($11.35)
CO ($9.55)
Button ($9.75)
SB ($9.35)
Hero (BB) ($10.15) Tight player :)
UTG ($4)
UTG+1 ($10.50)
MP1 ($7.50)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 7
heart.gif
, 9
spade.gif

1 fold, UTG+1 calls $0.10, MP1 calls $0.10, 1 fold, CO calls $0.10, 2 folds, Hero checks

Flop: ($0.45) 2
diamond.gif
, 8
heart.gif
, 6
spade.gif
(4 players)
Hero checks, UTG+1 bets $0.30, MP1 calls $0.30, 1 fold, Hero calls $0.30

Turn: ($1.35) K
club.gif
(3 players)
Hero checks, UTG+1 bets $0.60, MP1 calls $0.60, Hero calls $0.60

River: ($3.15) Q
club.gif
(3 players)
Hero checks, UTG+1 checks, MP1 bets $1, Hero folds, UTG+1 calls $1

Total pot: $5.15 | Rake: $0.25

Just spotted it doesn't show on the history both player had A8 and it was a split pot.

Last edited:
eNTy

eNTy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
nothing wrong with both calls, especially when his turn bet is this weak ass half pot bet and MP2 called too.

WVHillbilly

WVHillbilly

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The way you played it is fine but, I actually like leading a lot of ragged boards like that in limped pots. I like it even more when I have a strong draw to fall back on. So in your example hand I'd probably lead for .45 and if called by both opponents I'd lead again on the turn for ~$1. If called again I just shutdown (ch/fold) unless I hit on the river.

neil1603

neil1603

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I wasn't sure I had odds to call, but the implied odds were there because I doubted either would have folded. I considered check raising before the river, but both players had been reluctant to fold on weak hands previous to this.

I seem to lose a fair amount of money looking to hit straights and flushes, I try to keep to pot odds and it may just be selective memory where I'm only remembering the times I miss.

Jurn8

Jurn8

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Don't listen to him.
I asked jurn in january to sweat, then again last week.

Still remain unsweated...

**** lol !!

Im travelling home tomorrow so enty tomorrow night 8pm/9pm its a date if your free 25nl FR ?

Jurn8

Jurn8

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I wasn't sure I had odds to call, but the implied odds were there because I doubted either would have folded. I considered check raising before the river, but both players had been reluctant to fold on weak hands previous to this.

I seem to lose a fair amount of money looking to hit straights and flushes, I try to keep to pot odds and it may just be selective memory where I'm only remembering the times I miss.

Yo Neil, good to have a new cash grinder, was thinking just earlier today its been a while since we had a new cash grinder. think the last was peel in January.

Posting > Lurking IMO you pick up more when you post hands etc etc so good to see a new grinder.

neil1603

neil1603

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yo Neil, good to have a new cash grinder, was thinking just earlier today its been a while since we had a new cash grinder. think the last was peel in January.

Posting > Lurking IMO you pick up more when you post hands etc etc so good to see a new grinder.

:) Nice to be here.

I feel better already with the responses, when things don't work it's easy to think you are doing it all wrong it's nice when others look and let you know you are on the right lines, saves you tilting yourself up a blind ally for no reason.

So thanks all for the feedback I'll be back :)

Jurn8

Jurn8

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
no need to leave ;)

Stick around let us know how your running etc any more questions etc

neil1603

neil1603

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
no need to leave ;)

Stick around let us know how your running etc any more questions etc

I'm running fairly moderate at the minute, it may be that I'm confusing myself. I'm playing cash on Pokerstars and Fulltilt but because I'm being strict on my bankroll management I'm playing 10nl on Stars and 2nl on FT and I think swapping between the 2 is messing my game up. I'm working on a deposit bonus on Stars before I can withdraw an $800 tournament win to beef up my FT account and I keep losing money on FT trying to qualify for the FTOPS games. I really should stop playing FT till I've worked of the stars bonus :D

O

orangepeeleo

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Been doing a bit of maths and i can make silverstar playing 5 tables of 10nl 6max for only 3hrs per day next month :D

I've never even came close to silverstar before b/c i didnt realise how obtainable it is, goal for next month me thinks and hopefully some profitz while im at it.

Jurn8

Jurn8

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Been doing a bit of maths and i can make silverstar playing 5 tables of 10nl 6max for only 3hrs per day next month :D

I've never even came close to silverstar before b/c i didnt realise how obtainable it is, goal for next month me thinks and hopefully some profitz while im at it.

I used to get 0.05 VPP/hand at 10nl FR. I think its about 45k maybe a little more for silver at 10nl but that was before it was reduced so its alot less now I think.