Any Benefits of Freerolls

C

carsguitars777

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
is amazing to see the same group of guys on same sites 90% of the time just saying. So yes maybe the strategies of the other players are poor im always amazed watch see guys in tourneys hit lik30k in first hour but see some of game and is crappy and im like your gone in half hour will run into a real player lol
someone will tilt them something is pretty funny
honestly

if you truly bingo your way to a chip stack 36 calling all ins with 87 suited etc..

is hard to break habits later in my own humble personal viewpoint

usually you will pay for playing that style by playing a non good hand too strong say 87 again and flop is 824 you all in
guy has a set of fours who is a good player

so sure you can gamble way to top hit a lucky streak

but if you cannot turn that around? play solid from that point? generally
at the end you wont be there.

Luck is a part of this game but each of us only has it so often and only for periods of time otherwise same person would never lose lol

so just pointing out some things I gamble a bit but never
bingo if am all in got at least decent chance of a win
i dont call people with 8-2 and for sure dont call
two or three all ins with those cards lol

yet you see it and sometimes someone wins gets super
lucky lol and ummm usually continues to play like
an donkey and is short lived

once in awhile that person who keeps winning
so they do it again and again try at least and same
guy will watch throw away 100-200 bucks in 10 minutes
in ring at 1-2 dollars
the poker gods sleep at times but not long term

No, I think you miss understood me, I totally agree with you, what I am saying is when playing ageinst uneducated maniacs, I dont mean to gamble like they are, I mean to value bet, tighten up and play premium hands, useing proper play to beat wild gambling, I reather play ageinst bingo players as much as possible, yes I get mad when their 72o beats my pocket kk but they are much easier to make money off of in the long run then good players... if they were not, then the fish would technicly be playing better then the sharks...But I agree, you can pick up very bad habbits playing these games, but thats why I think it is in some ways good, it teaches disipline, and if you cant stay disciplined even when you get bad beats, problems will arise

Last edited:
LinkornU

LinkornU

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
freerolls may increase your bankroll and teach you how to find your opponents weaknesses. There a lot of guys who shove any single hand and on early stage it doesn't look like a "real" poker. But when you get closer to a prize zone you'll meet skilled players. I agree with those who say that playing to much freerols will teach you bad habits.

M

mihaitsa83

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I want to say one thing if you will have enaugh luck to pass first 20-30 mins then it is starting real poker, but players are still loose enaugh, so is big diff between freerolls and real money tournaments

psychotie

psychotie

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
even if i m still playing poker for a couple of years i use to play freerolls.
I use them as a training to adjust my game without losing money on the felt if i was wrong in a decision.
And I just love to play , so its spending time with a hobby I like and I can even win something .
gl on and off the felts

Z

zeta

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I have been playing freerols for a whole month every single day now.
I cannot clearly tell if I've gained any benefit because I find freerolls rather chaotic and complicated since almost any kind of reasonable gambling there is absent... (freeroll & gambling just don't fit together)
Despite freerolls being kind of suicidal poker (which at this point I'm already sick and tired of) I've been through a bunch of hands and played with a lot of different players; I've found and exploited tons of my mistakes and gained patience every single game (unfortunately I still get tilted after spending 4 hours just to get called by some asshole with 6T or 74).
This being said I can only tell you mate that I'm confident enough to deposit some money and quit this nearly pathetic form of poker - freeroll.

N

nygmen2007

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The benefit of freerolls would be to build a bankroll from nothing, and maybe it will help you out not to waste your own money on the online suckouts!! Of course the play might not be conducive to your style, but hey if you can survive it is for the best.. Then you can enter real tournaments and grind it up...

Mark Gavr

Mark Gavr

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Freeroll is simply a waste of time because there is not much you earn and not what you learn, as was said above, they just teach patience, as there are between 4,000 and 300,000 participants.

bullishwwd

bullishwwd

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Freeroll is simply a waste of time because there is not much you earn and not what you learn, as was said above, they just teach patience, as there are between 4,000 and 300,000 participants.
Free is good, but is time consuming for the payoff. When one has only 'time' invested (none of their own money), they will often play unwisely and not be as serious about hands played.

Can be useful if taken seriously and with patience, but plays much differently due to some players being too aggressive since they have no investment in a freeroll ... often much like playing with 'play money'.

Wally

exidas

exidas

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Freerolls are good for players who dont take poker so serious in their life and play for fun and of course it is possible to win some money in special freerolls :)

veronica

veronica

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think the freerroll are attractive for those just starting out, or have never played for real money and freerroll become boring because play and play and posts are very low.

atlantafalcons0

atlantafalcons0

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
A player can still get value in terms of learning poker playing freerolls because they can still play a solid strategy. Regardless of your opponents moves you can still learn to make good decisions as long as you don't focus on the result of any given hand. Reading players may be more difficult to do in freerolls but the hands you open with and the moves you make can still be a benefit to learning poker IMO.

F

freestocks

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I like freerolls, but after a while I hate freerolls.

The true benefit of freerolls is to keep playing when you have no money.

suvorov17

suvorov17

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Freerolls are good to start to build a bankroll to get acquainted with the game at different stages of the tournament, quickly identify poker hands on a board

Sil3ntness

Sil3ntness

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Freerolls are good when you don't feel like getting murdered by the RAKE. :D

Free practice is better than playing on play money poker... slightly!

iflylight

iflylight

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
freerolls are a bit of a joke everyone just goes all in so your tournament could be over in 2 mins so just deposit a small amount and maybe play low stakes sit and goes

B

bambiswag

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Although the quality of players (and the importance of luck) is highly variable in a freeroll, I think that it's a good place for new players like myself to start. You don't lose any money for participating, and you can get a little bit of money to play around with on real-money tables. That's what I'm doing now :)

C

Chipsteal_jj

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Freerolls wont help you improve your skills but they'll help you earn a little money and that way you can play sngs without depositing and start learning.

G

Geldi

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In freerolls and you can meet a variety of players on all your opponents, in general, can be divided into two types:
The type that do not have any idea about poker.
The type that this tournament is irrelevant.
Players either do not understand what they are doing, or just want to have fun. If you have a full table of opponents, you know what that means: normal poker came to an end.
Your bets and raises are not respected.
Opponent is very difficult to give any range.
Complicated game muvy become "too complex" and useless.
Playing in a freeroll, it sometimes seems that you find yourself in a closed poker world that is totally different from cash games or tournaments usual. From different parts of the table constantly flying all-ins, and few can explain why he moves his chips in the middle.

I

IronMount

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You can gain experience at different stages of tournaments with no cost to you. Bubble situations, big blinds and antes and areas of the game you may not to work on in the value you can work on it by playing freerolls. They are what you make them.

Steve2777

Steve2777

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi. I Play freerolls on pstars and i dont win money never . Im not the best player but i hope someone could give me some tips about holdem. Its not possible for me to deposit at the moment.

daredeviljo

daredeviljo

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Well, you have to be disipline in Freerolls. Play at the top of your game. Try to trap the loose players. Don't play loose, as chances are, you will not cash in the tourney.

Freeroll Passwords