INISHTE

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BO
Chips
Hi Friend.

I wouldn't waste a strong hand that way, but if you're playing a Recreational it can be consistent, because you get paid with anything.

VikyGia

VikyGia

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hi

I always go with all the chips, with AA, however on a few occasions I lost, it is very sad to lose with this hand.

J

jj6m

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
like all all ins there is the risk of losing.

But to win a competition you will be all in several times

afecho

afecho

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
It depends on a lot of variables for sure, but for myself, pushing AA instead of slow playing has been more effective. I'm happy to win the hand, even if everyone else folds and I only win the blinds. But in my own experience, any time I have tried to slow play AA, someone else ends up winning with cards I can't believe they were even playing. I'm still new to poker so I'm sure I'll learn how to better play AA in the future, but for now, all-in has been the way I win with that hand.

Madalin Poke

Madalin Poke

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
I always go all-in pre-flop with AA!
Firstly, i think it's a psychic method of intimidating players who have small cards, which if you let them see the flop instead, you could fall in your own trap if the luck is with them and they hit something good.
Secondly, i think other players that catch a good hand they might be tempted to pay the all-in but at least I would lose against decent cards and mentally i would feel a little better.
All good thoughts!

GNuTTz

GNuTTz

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
AA all-in preflop...

It depends where the betting and table is at... I think you should go over the top of anyone else- should they raise before you preflop.... If we are talking a legitimate cash game or tournament... (no freerolls) then I would only go all in over the top of someone else... otherwise set a trap :)

Dobbler1

Dobbler1

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I would never open shove with pocket aces unless I was in a situation where I might push with a significantly worse hand (less than 10-15BB in a tourney, for example). Even with few binds, my range from UTG isn't huge (on a 8-10 handed game. It's wider in 6-max).

D

danydidi

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Sometimes if you don't go all in you loose for small cards like a pair of deuces or 2 pairs.i do it

Rachidao

Rachidao

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
If i am very active in the table playing a lot of hands i can go all in sometimes cause people will think that i have crap hands and pay. But usually its a x2 raise, if someone 3-bet i 4-bet until all-in.

ASMautoneJr

ASMautoneJr

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
AA and KK! it's direct all-in.....and there's nothing else to do.... any position..... always ALL-IN!

kanogott

kanogott

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
Today if tell you my aa story of the scoop sunday million main event. My son has a visit from his kindergarden friend. So i must eat on the table and must sit out on the pokertable nearly 1300 players before itm. Then i go back and saw AA but in this moment my hand was automatically folded. After this hand i get Aq and busted on the river against a two outer and my journey was over. I usually play freeroll and this was a once in a year chance to raise my stake. I won the ticket in a spin and go. Im a little bit tilt at some moment and so i played the 100 dollar freeroll. Good start and then busted on the river with a 25% hand. So i go to bed and cry.

yango

yango

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You have to keep in mind many variables that you should always expect in poker because there are times when you have opportunities at the table for bad hands, that is, the famous bad beats, for this reason a lot depends on the moment in which you play have to play these hands in early position that's what I prefer because that way we have a direct attack.

Gritz18

Gritz18

To Cesar, what belongs to Cesar.
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Would you go All-in with Ace´s UTG preflop. I see so many players do it with AA or any monster hand just to get the antes. Raise, yes to get some action, just can not see the reason for all-in. Am I missing something.

I'm not a big player, but the little I've learned is that when a player is the first to speak, has a lot of chips and goes all-in with strong hands like AA, KK or QQ, it's because he's afraid to play. I usually make a bet even if I'm short on chips, villain will always call or raise trying to steal, if you go all-in you run the risk of no one calling.

G

GIB

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Depends on the type of tournament knockout, freeze or there is the possibility of re-entry. And also from my stack and skill, the ability to play postflop. The main thing is the goal that I pursue. Some opponents fold if they see an all-in with UTG, others, on the contrary, consider it a weakness (that is, the player does not want difficulties on the flop and bets all-in with AK, AQ). Sometimes in the short stack betting on the flop is considered a tricky move and a desire to involve other players in the game with the nuts in hand. But in this case, there is a risk of seeing a set from the opponent, who will call the bet with a pocket pair. This is the beauty and diversity of poker, because each situation is special and there is no universal unambiguous answer.

xOneCoolHandx

xOneCoolHandx

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Would you go All-in with Ace´s UTG preflop. I see so many players do it with AA or any monster hand just to get the antes. Raise, yes to get some action, just can not see the reason for all-in. Am I missing something.

You are not missing much. This is a terrible play even when you are shallow stacked. I will say that in freerolls (even the CC ones), this is sometimes a great play because there are so many people who will call you with hands like Ax, Kxs and other suited combinations or even smaller pocket pair. I have seen this over and over. Someone jams with AA and gets called by QJo or 44 or something that should be folding.

But, this is a play I would rarely ever make. The best way to play AA is to make your standard raise and hope to get a call or (even better) 3-bet. I also see a lot of players limp AA from EP and end up cursing because they get them cracked. Also a terrible play. I have limped AA and KK before, but I will ONLY do this if I am 100% sure that I am going to get raised. If I make this play and don't get raised, then I play pretty tight postflop because these hands are vulnerable in multiway pots.

Keep playing good poker and let the others keep playing poorly and you will get them in the end.

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

Fully Tilted
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Sometimes if you don't go all in you loose for small cards like a pair of deuces or 2 pairs.i do it

But most times you're just losing a TON of value!

TheNutz4You

TheNutz4You

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
i go all in anytime i have AA so they cannot draw out on me and hit some 2 pair or flush. good strategy imo.

DiazPoker3101

DiazPoker3101

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
Interesting AA, it all depends on the position, if I'm on Bb, and the hand is raised, he always multiplied the villain's bet by 3 to narrow ranges, If I'm in utg+ I make a 2-raise waiting for the villain to take the initiative and if he makes a 3x of my bet there I bet everything, then I also take into account the odds I have to win, Likewise, the more I learn about poker, the more complex my game becomes.

eniseysmail

eniseysmail

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The only condition for me to go all-in is if someone has already done it before me.

H

hcuervo

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
Receiving AA is the most beautiful thing that can happen to you, but winning is the most difficult thing that can happen:D

lcid86

lcid86

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Saw AA busted 5 times in yesterday's tourney. Heavy favorite pre-flop but play it like any other strong hand. Build a pot and make money if it's there post-flop.

vic88888

vic88888

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
AA all of the time for me. Not gonna pussyfoot that one. Whoever challenges knows better. Slow playing it can be detrimental.

T

Teko romero

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
AA alling??

we all know that there is no exact way to play any card as there are too many factors to take into account...that's why poker is so exciting!!

newjugador

newjugador

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
AA all of the time for me. Not gonna pussyfoot that one. Whoever challenges knows better. Slow playing it can be detrimental.

I share the same ideology, and the same thought, of this friend, in situations, I have played the pair of aces, slowly, and I decide to bet the rest, on the fourth card, and they have defeated me, that is why, in tournaments, I always decide to generally go all-in before the flop.

Rob Hobson

Rob Hobson

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I do whatever I want with pocket aces at any position but the goal is to reduce as you can number of players claiming the pot. If one or two opponents raise a valuable amount, I shove to get other most opponents out of the disput. But this is all about pre flop cause after it and downing till the river could be another strategy.
Everything above can go wrong by a circumstance. Bad beat :)