molokheia

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hi There

If you consider the chances for AA in a game certainly I would go all in
Even if you have some fishes in the table that would call you with trash hands and evetually gains the hand
But in the average you will win more than lose

Rgds

manzanillo53

manzanillo53

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Ok that is a good reason. If you are not a maniac, as a few people have stated, bet heavy to thin the field to 1 or 2 players and build a pot then go all in. Unless you flop an A then slow play. I am an average player so maybe I am doing it all wrong.

milka1605

milka1605

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don't see anything wrong with that. Sometimes I do that too.

makisaa

makisaa

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
I prefer to make a raise even with a strong pair, because I don't want to end my game at the beginning. The AA many times are proved a big trap and must be carefull when we play them!

fernandofcp

fernandofcp

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
AA should always go all-in before the flop, because if you don't, your opponent raises and catches your hand on the river.

63burner

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
80% chance of winning..

Pocket AA gives you an 80% chance of winning. In this situation, you bet on yourself, with 80% chance of winning, by shoving all in.

Lupus

Lupus

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
You're right in deep stacks it doesn't make sense. But there are times when you can play AA like that.
I don't understand the logic of going all in when it is 30 bb or more either.
Unless I m @15bb or less I never go all in unless it is raised before or after me and even then it depends on the stack sizes

fullclock

fullclock

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The correct way to play them would be to raise twice the BB but it is seen in many cases when playing against recreational players who are all in on utg as many call your raise with cards like 9 10 , A4 A5 etc. So if you go all in utg with AA you will mostly just get called with AK AQ AJ or pairs as well. It is part of this game that everyone plays their cards as they want, but that does not mean that they are well played.

M

mp3player

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I suggestion is don't go all in with AA pre flop 95% of the time people wont call unless they have a pair or a A and a nice kicker... I would closer to the money round to go all in and ofcourse once you in the money round everyone will go all in regardless what ever hands they have.

DanS87

DanS87

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
I'll vary how I play AA depending on a number of things. Position being one of them.

From UTG, I'd typically just raise 2.5-3BB and try and see who calls/raises again. Any raise is likely to be pocket pictures at best, or maybe (but less likely) an AK, AQ etc.

It gives you a basic range to work from when you move on to play the flop (I'm still trying to get to grips properly with ranges at the moment, so this is not going to be as accurate or even correct compared to a more experience player).

If I'm playing from a later position, depending on if a larger amount of people have limped, I'll usually try to drive them out with a particularly large raise and ideally take the pot before the flop.

Once again, as I mentioned, I'm not a massively experienced player but I find that this approach has typically worked for me.

Luan

Luan

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
they are usually beginner players who are there for fun and have no basis on how to play with AA, you see this a lot in freeroll tournaments or micro limits, they even clean with AA KK then you beta 2.5bb then they send everything.

thetaxman1

thetaxman1

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If you are at the final table I like the Rush. Sorry Push. But I like Maniocle play early and late.

A

ALLRUS79

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think AA is the best card to play allin but in my experience you win 3 times out of 4. That's 75%.
On the flop, you can also hit the fish. So allin at once I think is the best solution.

D

danydidi

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yes I go all in even if I know I will loose

C

CaptainXL

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Not usually, but I have seen tables where one or even more people are calling all in raises frequently just for the thrill, or because they are tired, or for other reasons. There are times I might, mostly in online freerolls. If I do I am not hoping for just the blinds.

xaj9x

xaj9x

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hello, it all depends on the situation, on the players at the table, on the stage of the tournament, on the number of our chips, so how to play with AA you need to understand which of all the situations we are in now[emoji3]

Claudiunm

Claudiunm

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
AA is always a very difficult hand. The thing is, if you play all-in or a very aggressive raise, it's like throwing a big rock in the pond and watching the fish run away. If you limped in, you let too many people see the flop and risk losing to a much weaker starting hand than yours (which is why so many people complain about a bad beat). It's important to look at your position at the table and try to read the players with you. This information can help you choose the best option.
Poker is fishing. The fisherman wants to seduce the fish to hook it. The fish wants to eat the bait and escape the hook.
Knowing when you are the fisherman and when you are the fish is the most important thing.

D

Daen27

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Sometimes you can do this when you have a short stack, people will try to knock you out with AK AQ or low pairs, and if the stack is large, especially at a knockout tournament, then you should not do this.

slicheri93

slicheri93

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
here is the thing though, do i really wanna raise my AA into something decent that will only can get basically get a cheap flop and probably has a chance to suck me out with that hand againts my AA? or do i go all-in and if they do call it pairs or AX hands that i have a better chance of winning that hand?

ADRI7HO

ADRI7HO

On the road...
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If I have very few chips, I would go all-in from UTG, but otherwise I see no reason why I would do that.
With a card like this, I want to win more than the blinds and antes.

DiegoRamos

DiegoRamos

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Would you go All-in with Ace´s UTG preflop. I see so many players do it with AA or any monster hand just to get the antes. Raise, yes to get some action, just can not see the reason for all-in. Am I missing something.

It really depends on the table.

If I'm absolutely sure I'll get a call, yes.

But I wouldn't change my game for that.

The chance of a fold action is gigantic.

A

alabos

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
The problem is if you go all in often the other player fold and if you just call with your pocket ace you can loose your hand after the flop........me often i raise the pot......

julio gonzalez

julio gonzalez

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
AA allin

hello, with AA you can play in many ways but I don't think that going allin in UTG position is the correct one. it can be opened with a tribet and if another player goes there without thinking about paying, that way I would play

A

ALLRUS79

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Personally, I go with the AA card to all in as soon as possible to remove unnecessary rivals from the road. Because if 3 cards are revealed, you can get into the fish.

Alex.