fryderyk

fryderyk

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
PL
Chips
I learned a long time ago that a pair of aces is only one pair, and I learned a hard lesson by losing a hand at the final table after playing for hours.

ponistra7

ponistra7

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I played on pocket AA slowly raising once or twice for years and in 70% of cases lost on the river from players who followed with worse cards. I’ve been going all-in lately and the win in 70% cases. I think the reason is that most players don't will to go all-in with bad cards.

yango

yango

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't always go all in with AA because you have a game option, and I always use the idea that if there are many players I'm going all in and if I see that there are too few players then I'm going to raise because this helps to get more profits and also a lot depends on the type of game you have.

mihaste

mihaste

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Depends on the situation, 90% all in

ratbat615

ratbat615

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
JM
Chips
sometimes AA is a push sometimes AA is a reraise sometimes AA is a raise always depends on the stage of the tournament and the depth of the stack in different ways, but very rarely you can fold aces
Yesterday I had AA in the small blind and four players went all in front I felt like folding but you have AA you have to call next time four players go in in front I am folding I lost but if I won I would be chip leader

siberianspecial

siberianspecial

Enthusiast
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I would call, it's almost a duty, the good thing would be to try to limit the BB this preflop, but if they push all-in, I would call.

Rahatis

Rahatis

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Maybe you are missing something which can be found by studying the game.

Skot_Gy

Skot_Gy

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
I usually slowplay it, but if it's a freeroll or very low stakes, many amateurs might enter the flop and then my chances go down as more people are in the pot.
So sometimes going allin is a good move, depending by the type of table you're playing

Gallarado777

Gallarado777

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
Would you go All-in with Ace´s UTG preflop. I see so many players do it with AA or any monster hand just to get the antes. Raise, yes to get some action, just can not see the reason for all-in. Am I missing something.
this is done so that an opponent with an ace-jack hand or a pair of jacks or queens cannot fold this hand, because this is a great hand and you, with a pair of aces in your hand, go to the pot so that an opponent with such hands or similar ones can play with you and in a big the likelihood he will pass you for this is done by many in the bank

Garfield52

Garfield52

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
From what I have seen playing the game for a number of years now, is that when people go all in with AA they often get clobbered by some lucky person with a crap hand to start but who hooks the cards on the flop.

1KrazyMofo

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Ahh well it depends on how many chips they had, for me I feel like its fine, depends on the structure too, as action is much looser in a turbo or even blinds that are slower then 10mins. I guess it all depends, why do you make out its bad play you only don't get paid off when nobody has anything, again depending on stack sizes etc, even in these slower tournaments I've seen some bad calls.. I feel like defiantly some players get fed up of folding broadways and just decide to call with them so its defiantly not bad play, all good in freerolls and micro stakes but I've seen worse plays by good players in bigger games too, I got called by KQ by someone that plays upto $100 games so, does make me wonder... why ripping AA is bad, as there's so many that cant fold 77+ on the off chance you might be ripping AK.

Pimp 007 x

Pimp 007 x

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Might not go all in on that position, but I would definitely call any all in after I raise.

DiegoRamos

DiegoRamos

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Would you go All-in with Ace´s UTG preflop. I see so many players do it with AA or any monster hand just to get the antes. Raise, yes to get some action, just can not see the reason for all-in. Am I missing something.
I see this sometimes in sng micro on first hands.

I conclude that the strategy used is to pass on tilt information or play bingo, or something like that.

Very bad strategy, as you said, most of the time, fold actions happen.

This is far from the best strategy.

B

bowserdon

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I think U shud go all in,Ive had AA and got beat by slow playing many many times

ArmiSoo7

ArmiSoo7

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
LV
Chips
It depends in what position I am. But 99% I go all in. Better lose with AA not with low hand :D

CaptainMooti

CaptainMooti

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I believe it is very villain dependant and how ypu believe they perceive you. If you are very tight and suddenly Jam UTG no one is going to call..
I am quite loose aggressive, I could get away with something like that the odd time as people would see me jamming with small pairs from those positions too.
That's my take on it.

TeUnit

TeUnit

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You want to maximize your value with AA, which is different depending on the effective stack depths. Open shoving AA utg is usually not the best way to maximize value. When you are really deep you may want to raise larger and when you are very shallow you may want to min raise and if you have a micro stack you may even want to limp.

R

redmast

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I prefer all-in. This discourages small hands and since fewer players come into play, there are more chances to take the pot.

J

jj6m

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yesterday i never went all in AA, i built the pot and went all in post flop with Trip A's only to lose to quad 8's can you believe that.

tihomir_kula

tihomir_kula

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BG
Chips
It`s not good for the hand,but if I don`t win the raise, the pain is awful

WDStipa

WDStipa

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
HR
Chips
Just last night I was kicked out of the CardsChat freeroll tournament with AA cards. The opponent had AJ.
The big blind was 100, everyone before me folded, I raised to 300, the opponent raised to 500, my answer to that was all in preflop, the opponent followed.
On the flop Q and 10 opened and third card that I can't remember. On the river K opened and so the opponent won the pot with a scale.
Often such master cards can be traps. I don't even know what is the best way to play them.

fernandofcp

fernandofcp

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I usually raise, but if an opponent pushes all-in I also push with AA in hand. It would be cowardly of me to run with pocket aces.

leoniq888

leoniq888

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
With AA I usually make a mini-raise to avoid showing strength. If the opponent in an earlier position raises, 80% of the time I will make a 3-bet. I don't see the point in going all-in with such a promising hand. I will go all-in only after 4-bet from the opponent.

choche0372

choche0372

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
AA is strong hand and All-in in preflop is good decision