AA All-in

M

mange12345

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Would you go All-in with Ace´s UTG preflop. I see so many players do it with AA or any monster hand just to get the antes. Raise, yes to get some action, just can not see the reason for all-in. Am I missing something.
I don't like to go all in with Pocket AAs for several reasons. First, I lose with pocket AAs most of the time. When I see pocket AAs in my whole cards, I thinks to myself: how much am I going to lose on this hand. lol But, to answer your question, with pocket AAs, UTG, I will just call and hope to see the flop, with out costing me too much.
Mike

W

wavetune

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don't like to go all in with Pocket AAs for several reasons. First, I lose with pocket AAs most of the time. When I see pocket AAs in my whole cards, I thinks to myself: how much am I going to lose on this hand. lol But, to answer your question, with pocket AAs, UTG, I will just call and hope to see the flop, with out costing me too much.
Mike
losing with AA puts me in a tilt, it's good that such a hand is not given to me often:)

A

AcesHighAGMA

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
CA
Chips
Would you go All-in with Ace´s UTG preflop. I see so many players do it with AA or any monster hand just to get the antes. Raise, yes to get some action, just can not see the reason for all-in. Am I missing something.
To me, it depends on the state of the tournament. If you're on the starting hands, it is ALWAYS bad just to jump all in as we all know in online poker, there is always 5 or 6 allins at the table with dumb hands, meaning they can catch a break.

I personally usually go around 4x BB and usually hands like JJ J-10 etc will call. Which you at least have the advantage of. Now if youre SUPER late game, and shortstacked (lets say final 20 or so) it makes a huge difference trying to catch those blinds and antes which could give you another couple BB at least, worst case.