You've won an all-expenses-paid ticket to a poker skills boot camp, but there's a catch....

john_entony

john_entony

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
In my case, in any country outside of Ukraine, since there is a war here and men are forbidden to travel outside of Ukraine. But assuming that we are in an abstract situation :unsure:, the only place where I would refuse to go is a desert island, where there are many different snakes, spiders, sharks and mosquitos, and the poker coach would be my ex-girlfriend. :eek:

MikeCarasone

MikeCarasone

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
In a snake pit. Very very sad that the opportunity would be passed up if It was held in a snake pit in Death Valley.

Suns of Beaches

Suns of Beaches

With a Balloon to the Moon
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
9k1
Place is in la sosta (italy) and looked like that before. Our beloved forum member @G0930 was actually there some weeks ago 🤣 thinking its the motel of @Risto234 but had to find out Risto is only the short term of "Ristorante" 🥲

gillbates21

gillbates21

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
EE
Chips
Where is the location of the boot camp and what are the details of the accommodations?
easy - anywhere where some deal-breakers might occur
list of deal-breakers:
- places with extreme weather
- places with war
- no electricity
- no internet
- no running water

emgesi

emgesi

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
BG
Chips
These are hardly the worst conditions, there are always worse.It is important that the final goal is achieved 🙂🙂🙂

dimon4ik89

dimon4ik89

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
This training camp is located in one of the countries with a very hot climate, where many poisonous animals and mammals live. Due to the fact that the standard of living in this country is not high, people live in modest houses and do not have air conditioning or other household appliances. At night, in all houses, the doors are open so that fresh air can come inside; due to the high temperature, it is very difficult to endure this heat with closed doors. People know that while they sleep, a poisonous living creature can enter their home and harm them. But local residents are already accustomed to this, but tourists and citizens of other countries are very afraid of it.
But in fact, the best poker professionals in this way selected those players who are not afraid to take risks and are ready to go to the end for the sake of their goal and in order to achieve something more in this life. Those people who agreed to these conditions and flew into this country were immediately met at the airport and taken to a real training camp, which is located outside the city, and was built specifically to train the strongest poker players on this planet. The living conditions in this camp are absolutely safe and comfortable, there are all household appliances, good food, and everything else that is necessary to fully engage in training and not be distracted by other extraneous things.
This story suggests that someone who is not afraid of difficulties, is not afraid to take risks and is ready to fight to the end for the sake of his victory can succeed in poker!

kabokinha

kabokinha

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
BR
Chips
hahaha, on the Moon, completely uncomfortable clothes and risk to life on the launch and return.

Astronautas jogando cartas na lua com um planeta ao fundo ia generativa 974539 40626

DiegoRamos

DiegoRamos

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
It will take place in an old abandoned sanatorium deep in the Rocky Mountains, surrounded by a dense, eerie forest that echoes with the whispers of night winds. Accommodation consists of damp, dark rooms with peeling walls and dusty furniture. The hallways are lit only by dim, flickering lights, giving the feeling that something is always lurking in the shadows. Meals are served in a dimly lit room, where participants eat in silence as the sound of inexplicable scratching echoes off the walls. Transport to the site is provided by an old, creaky carriage, pulled by skeletal horses that look like they came out of a nightmare. Given these disturbing conditions, it is understandable that someone would decide to discard the invitation and avoid this experience at all costs.

Otherwise go and be happy lol

finaltable1

finaltable1

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If it's "men only" bootcamp then I will instantly throw away suck ticket, and it doesn't matter where this bootcamp is located, even if it's 30 days - I won't accept such torture. ))

R

Ron112355

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Sounded like a great opportunity to bring my game to the next level but as soon as I found out it was in Florida which is bad enough for an old hippie liberal such as myself, then I found out it would be at Mar-A-Lago and that you had to wear a MAGA hat to attend I ripped up that ticket on the spot:ROFLMAO:

Andyreas

Andyreas

Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
I was so happy when I won the prize but finding out the poker school would take place in North Korea, I'm not as happy as before.

Not sure if I'd ever come back (alive).

So happily stepping down from it. 🥺

N

neverbluff0799

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I think that for me it would be if it would be held in some very poor part of india where salubrity is very bad ( im more a 5 dtar hotel guy then a camping guy lets say ) But yeah if it would give me the chance of becomming rich playing a games i love then i would think about it...

PsychoVas

PsychoVas

What The Duck???
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
The place is in the middle of the desert and the catch is that you have to listen to opera at all hours.

M

MF.Brn

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Queimada Grande Island, also known as Snake Island, an island in Rio de Janeiro, a terrible place to study poker, or do anything else, is definitely not a place to go!

mariussica88

mariussica88

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
For me if the accommodation is not up to my standards I will definitely not go. I'm not asking for much but I want to be a clean room and the food to be diversified. :)

AF1QipPFQ7VJz7q4TcLQIWoj9LPMbGS7Pl4ZJhbTeCL7=w540-h312-n-k-no

S

stank12345

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
near Chernobyl living in a tent with no guns to keep the wolves away and have to drink the water from streams lol

Toruk Makto

Toruk Makto

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
In a city that is at war, that is, under enemy attack, that's why the accommodations are terrible, everything is disorganized and the hotel employees are not doing the job to leave the environment organized.

Argonaut

Argonaut

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Any place underwater, because I'm easily distracted by fish.

bapfel

bapfel

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
I don`t want to spend a boot camp in unsecure states like North Korea, Iran, Afghanistan, Russia and some African states, where the IS is probably attacking it.. forbidden games...tztz
Accomodation, I need a bed, which is a bed and not only looks like one and although clear hot water to drink, wash or warm.

Newzooozooo

Newzooozooo

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Hi :)
Although I am quite undemanding and can live in very harsh conditions, it is a question of my motivation and the sacrifices I am willing to make. Perhaps I will refuse if there is a problem with the water.

Luvart

Luvart

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
Lol, that's a strange question.

As I see we will stay somehere (a hotel, motel, airbnb) and each day with paid transportation we will go to this shitty place to attend the bootcamp. How many hours will be the lesson each day? I do not think more than 2-3 hours maximum. So, if the coaches are really top world class pros and I can take totally free lessons from them and all the expenses are paid I would accept that, unless the bootcamp was in weir places like mexico, Colombia, Venezuela, North Korea, or some poor african countries, etc.

Natta777

Natta777

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
Life without electricity and the Internet, without sewerage and running water does not scare me at all. You can use gas or fire from a fire for cooking, or find water in a spring. I would not agree provided that the course would take place in a war zone or radioactive zone, in a desert without a sufficient supply of water, high in the mountains, since I physically would not be able to stay there without losing consciousness. A person has great internal potential and can easily adapt to any living conditions. And if someone thinks that they cannot live a day without a shower or the Internet, then they are mistaken.
I would also categorically refuse to participate in a project where freedom would be restricted by force and forced to do all sorts of immoral actions.

king11682

king11682

Kimba
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
The catch could be that I have to agree to be filmed for a reality TV show about poker players undergoing intense training.

pngtree-tv-studio-show-being-recorded-with-video-camera-photo-image_32893204.jpg