You've won an all-expenses-paid ticket to a poker skills boot camp, but there's a catch....

Like2Play2

Like2Play2

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Would not use that ticket even if you paid me. Not with that kind of accommodations.

YLAN

YLAN

Sida Nga Taraki
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Everyone is welcome to Los Francisco! We provide free tickets to our all-expenses-paid boot camp where you do not need to work on anything & our DEI policy will make certain to take your game to the next level. Stay in exclusive accomodations with ready access to the city & lounge anywhere of your choosing. $9000 will be provided to you monthly for your entertainment. Lodging, meals and transportation to and from the venue are all included.

You do not need to let us know anything. Just cross our open border & we'll make your dream come true.

Street3Street1

Last edited:
antonis32123

antonis32123

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
i wouldn't ever go to such a boot vamp . i cant imagine myself doing it . i could try simpler things first to learn better poker . But if it happened to me such a scam , to go and see that things are not all fine , like in the advertisement , of course i would leave , actually i would run away , this motel picture lol

Nafor

Nafor

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
FI
Chips
I would throw away the ticket after reading the fine print which says:

After finishing the bootcamp all participants are obligated to take part in a new tv show called "Head's Up with an Alligator" where the winner takes all. The participant will indemnify the company against all liabilities that might result from this game, including but not limited to flesh leaving your bones.

Firefly alligator playing poker with a human in a swamp 47220

Last edited:
A

Anna Brito

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
BR
Chips
kkkkkkkkkkkkkkk. I don't give a shit, I take the broom and some cleaning supplies and do my thing and then let's go to the game.

hjuosh

hjuosh

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
MX
Chips
But if is a bootcamp it supoust that the Pros and all the players going to stay in the same place isn't it? Is hilarious. I don't think any person wants to be on a place like that. But of course to play with the pros I could accept and try to find other place to stay.

T

thejuice1

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Mt washington in New Hampshire, USA. Where a year ago to the day today, the coldest ever temperature, with wind chill, was recorded in the USA, at -108.4 degrees. As much as i love poker and would love to learn from the top pros, they can take it and shove it if ive got to do it on Mt Washington lol

zorro222_zorro222

zorro222_zorro222

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Mar-a-Lago, Florida, where you get to dine with Rudy Giuliani and have all McDonalds and KFC you can eat (as long as you bring the wine), transportation will be provided by Marjorie Taylor Greene and if you have any kids under 18 that need a chaperone, Senator Matt Gaetz will be available. Also, if you book in the next 2 weeks, you get to keep 2 pieces of classified documents from the U.S. government (we are not responsible for any illegible documents due to ketchup stains).

G0930

G0930

Captain Fathermucker, Satty Aficionado
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
AT
Chips
We hope that you will enjoy your poker and camping experience in lovely Antarctica. :)

View attachment 352832
Guess what I actually had a player at GG on my table who plays from Antarctica.!
Must have been a scientist in his station...there is literally nothing besides ice and penguins

km1n

km1n

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Catch is in ucraine, not worth the risk.

Gdefender

Gdefender

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
HU
Chips
Average accommodation in Mysore (india)

You can find things like this: colored, patterned paper (!) stuck on the wall as a wall covering, a giant poster with a picture of nature, a dusty mirror, broken chairs, grandma's furniture, all kinds of strangely repaired objects (e.g. with duct tape), broken things, plastic flowers, shiny or gilded picture frames ( holy man, guru, with images of Hindu gods) and at least one stuffed animal.

This is what I would like to leave out of my life, not just because of the poker camp...! :D

I copied the description of the accommodation from Anita Bak's notes, just so that the overall comfort can be felt... :)

Attachments

• Félsz-India-elindulni-parázol-szállás-660x441.png
    Félsz-India-elindulni-parázol-szállás-660x441.png
    97.2 KB · Views: 2
Bummy

Bummy

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
UA
Chips
If it was somewhere in the Mariana Trench at the very depths, I would certainly not agree. Somehow, being closed in the walls, surrounded by water for 90 days... you can get some kind of mental trauma. Or if in my case they would offer at least some place from Russia.

black and

black and

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I am generally not very picky about conditions. I often went with my friends to nature, to the forest or to the mountains and could live there for weeks. Therefore, in most cases, I could adapt to any conditions. But probably if there will be poisonous spiders, snakes or other evil and scary insects, then such a camp will not be for me :)

Sebbour

Sebbour

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
HR
Chips
Imagine that you have won a ticket to attend an all-expenses-paid 90-day poker skills boot camp where you can work one-on-one with top poker pros to really take your game to the next level. Lodging, meals and transportation to and from the venue are all included.

However, when you find out where the boot camp will be held and details of the accommodations, you decide to throw away the ticket and not attend at all. Where is the location of the boot camp and what are the details of the accommodations?

View attachment 348672

View attachment 348669View attachment 348671
Details of accomodation are:

Exact location is kept secret. After last major incident several years ago with our poker pros we needed to change location and find new poker pros. However we can tell you that location is in Alaska.

Transport

Since you are from Zagreb, Croatia we have special transport accomodation for you. We have special arrangement with several cargo companies that will take you to our location.

Truck with your driver will pick you up in Zagreb and drive you to Genoa, Italy where you will board on a cargo ship. That cargo ship will take you to Montreal, canada. In Montreal another truck with your driver will drive you to Anchorage and there our driver will wait just for you and take you to the exact location of boot camp (transport will last around 21 days in total).

In pictures below you can see our drivers that will wait for you in Anchorage. At the moment we don't know which one will be available but one of them will certainly wait for you.

Please note that the car in the second picture will be repaired in time when you arrive.

Meals

We have to hunt to eat. Everyday we have to go out in the woods and hunt for some food. Our poker pros are really good hunters as well and they'll teach you how to get some food. If we don't catch anything during a week we have some cans from cold war just in case. They don't have expiration date on them so the food in it should be perfectly eatable.

Keep in mind that the dogs have to eat something as well.

Do you know how to cook?

Lodging

House in which you'll live for 90 days is spacious, wood heated with plenty of bunk beds (sleeping bags included). There is also a kitchen and dining room (where you will spend most of your stay in boot camp).

As you can see from picture below toilet is separated from the house (when you need to go to the toilet do not forget to fill the bucket with water - you can do that in nearby river or in the house whichever you like the most).

Location Security

We have six dogs on location. During the day they are inside in secured area. However, during the night they are released in the yard to protect from wild animals. Please DO NOT TRY to pet them, feed them, even look at them. If they start to bark or howl at you do not shake and do not let them smell your fear. They are trained but you never know what will happen. Remember that the hospital is 250 km from site. Positive part is that from the last incident we didn't have any situations with them. We have found guys ear and almost all fingers. Guy before last incident we still haven't found.

If you need to go to the toilet during the night, you do that at your own risk (please remember that you have the bottle by the side of the bunk bed). If you really need to go to the toilet our advice is that you wait for the morning or use shared potty which is somewhere in the room.

Poker Pros

Those four guys that call themselves poker pros (because they don't do anything all day but play poker) are really top notch players. Two of them learned how to play (and all the tricks included) in state prison where they were on sentence for 30 years and recently they were just released on probation. As for the other two they've never had any jail time because nothing could be proved. They will teach you all secrets of play. How to insult (and by that we mean some insults you never even heard before) your opponent when he raise your bet to see if he's bluffing, how to manage tilt with drinking alcohol and chewing tobacco, how to play poker the day after with hangover. Please, try to not look at their scars. Some of them could be intimidated by that actions. But nothing to worry about, they have agreed that they will behave. Also, we recommend that you don't ask to many questions. Just listen. If they are quiet for some reason let them be quiet.

Also, if you don't agree with something they say our suggestion would be that you don't mention that to them and wait for boot camp to be over and when you come back to your home write us an e-mail with detailed information of the topic that you didn't agree with.

Special warning: DO NOT try to steal anything from them. They don't react well by that behaviour. Also, do not accuse them that they stole something from you (even if you saw them steal something).

Misc

We are limited with power supply so we don't allow electronics (you can bring them with you but you won't be allowed to charge them). Also there is no internet and signal for mobile phones so there is no point that you carry them around. However we have top notch radio in case of emergency.

Take warm clothes with you.

Nearby river you can use for washing yourself, dishes and clothes.

However, if you notice a rash or get blisters on your body we suggest that you don't use river water anymore. You are probably incompatible with Northern Americas parasites and bacterias.

Day schedule should look something like this:
05:00AM-05:30AM - preparing breakfast for yourself and poker pros
05:30AM-06:00AM - breakfast
06:00AM-10:00AM - hunting & poker theory (during hunting they will talk about poker so you don't want to miss that)
10:00AM-01:00PM - preparing lunch for yourself and for poker pros
01:00PM-01:30PM - lunch
01:30PM-04:30PM - afternoon rest (during this time you can wash yourself, wash the dishes etc.)
04:30PM-07:00PM - poker practice
07:00PM-08:00PM - preparing dinner for yourself and for poker pros
08:00PM-08:30PM - dinner
08:30PM-10:00PM - poker practice

We are looking forward for your stay with us!

Last edited:
Ingryd

Ingryd

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I would go anywhere. Just a place that has decent food

Viparida

Viparida

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Definitely, osasco. It doesn´t matter the accomodations. If you are brazilian you know what i am talking about.Is a place you pay not to go.

shanest

shanest

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
IE
Chips
the Camp is in remote Alaskan Winter.

Accomodation is a tent and only neighbours are bears.

Alaskan brown bear AANIMALS0620 7cf90753aece42a2a43ee48d47f08c54

Rumengh

Rumengh

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BG
Chips
Quite an interesting question, I can think of one place where, if the poker training was organized there, I would certainly not go, that is the Catacombs of the Capuchins in Italy. It is a small island near Venice, where the victims of the plague were isolated. Their bodies were thrown into large pits, burned or buried. All who showed the slightest symptoms of the dreaded disease were taken from their homes, cast upon the island upon the piles of rotting corpses, and set on fire. And if that wasn't eerie enough, in 1922 the island became home to a mental hospital where doctors tortured many of the people. In 1968, the island was completely abandoned, and today it is considered the most haunted place in Italy.

Goggelheimer

Goggelheimer

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
In younger days I would have taken the opportunity, but nowadays I would throw the ticket into the bin if there is no chance of western hotel standard.
I have been to Australia and made a motorcycle trip and found nice places with showers, clean beds and normal standard at the loneliest places, so that's the lowest standard I will go.

Roobz75

Roobz75

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
I'd have to get rid of the ticket. You couldn't concentrate or play safe, without getting bitten by rats or something, to have a chance to win anyway.
You wouldn't be picking up any money, just a host of long term bacterias, you could live without......🤮🤮🤮

olejean

olejean

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I understand that the location of the boot camp is not the best. Maybe It is somewhere in the forest or in the desert or even in the swamp, but if I've decided to learn or find out something new and necessary for me, that means no obstacles including the environment can't change my mind.

WhiskeyFix

WhiskeyFix

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Before I saw anyone else's response my initial thought was Alaska. Being anywhere in the NWT in Canada would be pretty harsh too with the weather.

I'd be pretty open to going to most spots if it were for 3 months with a bunch of top poker pros and you get to pick their brain.

Unless you're doing something insane like going on a trip to the moon or a Jackass style trip then it's something to re-consider haha

Balou1982

Balou1982

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AT
Chips
90 days could be a quite long time, especially when you cant leave your small place for a nice walk. For example weather is bad, rainy, low temperature, wind is heavy and your room is also very small and so on ...
Imagine you arrive @ this place and try to enjoy your boot camp and improve poker knwoledge :ROFLMAO:
:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Von Swinsto101 - Eigenes Werk, CC BY-SA 3.0, https://commons.wikimedia.org/w/index.php?curid=4303915

Risto234

Risto234

põrandaalune pokkerimängija
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
EE
Chips
Details of accomodation are:

Exact location is kept secret. After last major incident several years ago with our poker pros we needed to change location and find new poker pros. However we can tell you that location is in Alaska.

Transport

Since you are from Zagreb, Croatia we have special transport accomodation for you. We have special arrangement with several cargo companies that will take you to our location.

Truck with your driver will pick you up in Zagreb and drive you to Genoa, Italy where you will board on a cargo ship. That cargo ship will take you to Montreal, Canada. In Montreal another truck with your driver will drive you to Anchorage and there our driver will wait just for you and take you to the exact location of boot camp (transport will last around 21 days in total).

In pictures below you can see our drivers that will wait for you in Anchorage. At the moment we don't know which one will be available but one of them will certainly wait for you.

Please note that the car in the second picture will be repaired in time when you arrive.

View attachment 353076

View attachment 353077

Meals

We have to hunt to eat. Everyday we have to go out in the woods and hunt for some food. Our poker pros are really good hunters as well and they'll teach you how to get some food. If we don't catch anything during a week we have some cans from cold war just in case. They don't have expiration date on them so the food in it should be perfectly eatable.

Keep in mind that the dogs have to eat something as well.

Do you know how to cook?

Lodging

House in which you'll live for 90 days is spacious, wood heated with plenty of bunk beds (sleeping bags included). There is also a kitchen and dining room (where you will spend most of your stay in boot camp).

As you can see from picture below toilet is separated from the house (when you need to go to the toilet do not forget to fill the bucket with water - you can do that in nearby river or in the house whichever you like the most).

View attachment 353070

Location Security

We have six dogs on location. During the day they are inside in secured area. However, during the night they are released in the yard to protect from wild animals. Please DO NOT TRY to pet them, feed them, even look at them. If they start to bark or howl at you do not shake and do not let them smell your fear. They are trained but you never know what will happen. Remember that the hospital is 250 km from site. Positive part is that from the last incident we didn't have any situations with them. We have found guys ear and almost all fingers. Guy before last incident we still haven't found.

If you need to go to the toilet during the night, you do that at your own risk (please remember that you have the bottle by the side of the bunk bed). If you really need to go to the toilet our advice is that you wait for the morning or use shared potty which is somewhere in the room.

Poker Pros

Those four guys that call themselves poker pros (because they don't do anything all day but play poker) are really top notch players. Two of them learned how to play (and all the tricks included) in state prison where they were on sentence for 30 years and recently they were just released on probation. As for the other two they've never had any jail time because nothing could be proved. They will teach you all secrets of play. How to insult (and by that we mean some insults you never even heard before) your opponent when he raise your bet to see if he's bluffing, how to manage tilt with drinking alcohol and chewing tobacco, how to play poker the day after with hangover. Please, try to not look at their scars. Some of them could be intimidated by that actions. But nothing to worry about, they have agreed that they will behave. Also, we recommend that you don't ask to many questions. Just listen. If they are quiet for some reason let them be quiet.

Also, if you don't agree with something they say our suggestion would be that you don't mention that to them and wait for boot camp to be over and when you come back to your home write us an e-mail with detailed information of the topic that you didn't agree with.

Special warning: DO NOT try to steal anything from them. They don't react well by that behaviour. Also, do not accuse them that they stole something from you (even if you saw them steal something).

Misc

We are limited with power supply so we don't allow electronics (you can bring them with you but you won't be allowed to charge them). Also there is no internet and signal for mobile phones so there is no point that you carry them around. However we have top notch radio in case of emergency.

Take warm clothes with you.

Nearby river you can use for washing yourself, dishes and clothes.

However, if you notice a rash or get blisters on your body we suggest that you don't use river water anymore. You are probably incompatible with Northern Americas parasites and bacterias.

Day schedule should look something like this:
05:00AM-05:30AM - preparing breakfast for yourself and poker pros
05:30AM-06:00AM - breakfast
06:00AM-10:00AM - hunting & poker theory (during hunting they will talk about poker so you don't want to miss that)
10:00AM-01:00PM - preparing lunch for yourself and for poker pros
01:00PM-01:30PM - lunch
01:30PM-04:30PM - afternoon rest (during this time you can wash yourself, wash the dishes etc.)
04:30PM-07:00PM - poker practice
07:00PM-08:00PM - preparing dinner for yourself and for poker pros
08:00PM-08:30PM - dinner
08:30PM-10:00PM - poker practice

We are looking forward for your stay with us!
This would be even more interesting if schedule ^ would also have room for canoeing down that river ... :unsure:

Gritz18

Gritz18

To Cesar, what belongs to Cesar.
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
However, when you find out where the boot camp will be held and details of the accommodations, you decide to throw away the ticket and not attend at all. Where is the location of the boot camp and what are the details of the accommodations?
This sounds like Fallout 4, I wouldn't go to this training even tied up.😁🤣🤣

images