Is YouTube, Netflix killing your game?

V

valeski 28

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Good morning mate.Not at all because I don´t use them during my poker sessions.Avoid using them if you are not having the results you are waiting for..Good luck!

KeyJey

KeyJey

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
No, nothing bothers me. I play calmly watching a movie or series. And besides, I play a maximum of two tables

M

MoneyMaker4i

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In fact youtube or netflix while playing poker makes me feel more relaxed, makes me play more calmly, without any hurry, for the sake of distracting a little. In short, the best scenario for me to play poker is with good music or with a good series, so I don't get so caught up in the game.

zinzir

zinzir

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I understand your point about YouTube and Netflix, but how about Xhamster, can we watch that?

Benkisto_BR

Benkisto_BR

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think any distraction gets in the way of your game, be it netflix or youtube. Even worse if the distraction is someone else. Music I think it even helps.

Sdub2020

Sdub2020

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Netflix and youtube can be very distracting. I've clicked over to a game and see timeout fold pocket aces. So sad be careful with these distractions can cost you money.

dominisantus

dominisantus

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I usually have something from a scientific and cognitive background, I don’t look, I’m not listening with my ears. Elsie starts to watch something, but the attention goes away, and the game merges.

andreypuch

andreypuch

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi, everybody. Watch a movie? During the game? Of course not. The only thing that plays is the radio.

VGShaa

VGShaa

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Sometimes I watch movies or entertainment during poker when I need to escape from anger or if I feel that I am on the verge of tilt, or if I was dumbfounded by unpleasant news. And often enough, I return to the rhythm of the game I need

felipem29

felipem29

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Time for everything...

I think for mental health, I could not spend all day playing poker, after having spent a couple of hours playing, the spark is declining, so it is good to change a little air, and as I am also a fan to see movies, what better than to see the platform that is very fashionable NETFLIX, I have my favorite series, and also my children enjoy the children's chapters. Also on weekends I like to see and listen to music, for this I use YOUTUBE.
I will always play poker when I feel empowered and with a good time available. Cheers!!!:laugh::)

georgel2384

georgel2384

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i love to listem music to youtube. It help's me when i have a bad strike.

TeUnit

TeUnit

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think RATT said it best, "what you give, is what you get" -so if you dont focus 100% on poker you are not going to get 100% out.

FF2586

FF2586

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
DZ
Chips
Heyy !
I don't think watching netflix or youtube has a negative effect.
First, early in tourneys, I multutable, then when I get a couple of deep runs I open some shows on netflix youtube or else and it helps me pass the time and wait for the right spot. When I get a hand I just pause it and do whatever I gotta do. Of course, I keep an eye on the tables even while I am watching to see who is doing what on the tables.

This to tell you that touneys are way too long and you need distraction to pass the time. A regular speed tourney takes around 7 hours to get to the final table, what else watching a good show to keep you positive !

gl gl gl

furnitura47

furnitura47

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You have to make a part of your brain get loose from poker hands. Does not matter is it music, movie or video. When you get too tense it is not a good place to be while playing poker) Atleast untill first time you will lose your first big hand due to bad concentration:cool::cool::cool:

M

Mateo

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Maybe :p I definitely find myself distracted by videos if I'm not doing well in a tourney... Should probably try change that haha

Pokerishard

Pokerishard

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I am a fun of movies, so youtube and netflix are very usefull for me...Is a nice way to relax and to learn about lot of thinks.

B

blata8ruga

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I cannot focus on a movie when I play poker. I get to absorbed in the play. Maybe I can't focus on more than one thing at a time very well HAHAHA !

B

bigthereal

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
that's true, man, if you do sg else while playing it may harm your quality of playing
Me also regularly surf the net :p

D

Deeznutzzzz

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I always have music playing when doing the several hour tournaments. Sometimes I play a game of chess if I’m on a single table. Both games really give great thinking patterns to strategy and tactics.

Syltan

Syltan

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Anyone beside me watches movies or videos while playing poker?

It has to Negatively affect my game somehow, since I am not giving it the attention it deserves.

I'm the same as you:D

Split

Split

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
when I play, I listen to music and follow my opponents, it’s more comfortable for me to play

T

the_bridge222

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Maybe it would be better to replace it with music, although it would also be necessary to see what kind of tournaments you would be playing.

J

Jutt315

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Never!!!!

I try to avoid watching videos on poker tips. sometimes it throws off your game because you focus on what you watched on a video and dont play the way that you would normally play.

FIERROS

FIERROS

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I watche movies or videos while playing poker I shouldn't but sometimes the game is slow.

Top 10 Games