Is YouTube, Netflix killing your game?

JJP

JJP

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I have stuff playing in the background but it's mostly old shows or a stream that I don't 100% pay attention too. I think as long as you dedicate the vast majority of attention to your games then you should be fine having stuff playing in background

I know I have done this or at least had music since I began playing online

mar_dragan

mar_dragan

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yeah this is seriuos problems.
If you wanna play poker why watching youtube,netflix?
YOu must stay focus,if you wacth that videos and movies,your attention is on that videos right?

P

pohewa

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Anyone beside me watches movies or videos while playing poker?

It has to Negatively affect my game somehow, since I am not giving it the attention it deserves.

I couldn't manage it. even a few tables stress me. Do you play with a HUD? I guess then it doesn't matter so much.

B

barags

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yeah, i realised that few days ago. Im not watching at the tables at all, its a really bad habbit.

N

neptun1914

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Watching movies while playing is too extreme for me but i also have the bad habit of browsing or chatting or doing other activities which distract me from game and make me play not optimal.

Dailon Arroyo Blandon

Dailon Arroyo Blandon

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CR
Chips
I watch Netflix a lot ... but I don't when I play poker ... the advantage of Neflix is that you can watch your shows whenever you want ... so it's just a question of getting organized with your time my friend ...!

Tomacco

Tomacco

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Anyone beside me watches movies or videos while playing poker?

It has to Negatively affect my game somehow, since I am not giving it the attention it deserves.
hahahah no man! it's imposible to play well if you're watching a movie.. :p:p

1nsomn1a

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
good poker always requires all your concentration:)

Warrior1961

Warrior1961

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hi.

I think it is a mistake to be distracted by videos or anything that visually diverts our attention. Music is different, that can be, although in my case I try to avoid it too.

Regards.

MishkaZL

MishkaZL

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I often listen to music, but rarely watch videos while playing poker. I also find that video distracts, hinders concentration.

Nicolasd07

Nicolasd07

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
To me in particular it does not bother me that he is around me, people are constantly walking around my house and I cannot ask them to stop doing things so that I can conceive so I learned not to bother me, in fact I like to play with some set techno youtube

okeedokalee

okeedokalee

Glory To Ukraine
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
NZ
Chips
I find that distraction while playing lower stakes can actually be advantageous. Whether the distraction is Netflix / Youtube / music / a book / studying poker / playing on many tables is irrelevant. This is because I tend to overplay my hands when I'm bored, which is never good in low stakes. Simple, strong fundamentals poker is more profitable there, but is also more boring. I sometimes even intentionally create distractions for myself when I start to get bored and feel the overplays coming; I've been doing less of this lately, thankfully, keeping my game in check more by willpower rather than distractions.

Good comments cam relate to all of them:)

E

essimicke

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yeah, I watch youtube all the time when playing poker. Probably shouldn't

Lena M

Lena M

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Hello.
Music or video distracts me during the game. So I do not listen to music and I do not watch videos, I just try to focus on making the right decisions.

alexand8r

alexand8r

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I allow myself only to turn on the music and concentrate on all the tables. If you do not concentrate and remember the playing styles of your rivals, you can miss valuable information and not wait for prizes.

B

bloody3d

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Freeroll Club Password Access

No never.

ADRI7HO

ADRI7HO

On the road...
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
While playing poker, it’s better not to watch TV or YouTube because it distracts. I only listen to a little music at most but I don’t always.

Vallet

Vallet

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Any entertainment distracts you from playing poker. You are less focused and less involved in the game. But I noticed one important thing. If I watch a movie or YouTube, I participate in fewer hands and move further in Cardschat tournaments than usual.

Aldorabe

Aldorabe

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
it is impossible to focus on anything else when you are playing poker

noLatenzy

noLatenzy

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I use YouTube while playing poker just for music and i focus on the table.

Y

Year Zero

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Depends on the tournament... if it’s a mega tournament with 4000 peeps then I’m watching something until I move up closer to the money

D

digdug0037

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Pretty much everything is killing my game, Sunday, Monday, Tuesday,Wednesday, Thursday, Friday and Saturday are usually the biggest coolers, but now I gotta add 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11 and 1200 o clock! When does the madness ever end?

Freewka6101129

Freewka6101129

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
you play for money why should you bother youtube and so on, you need to focus on the game! Play responsibly)

S

successlaw

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I did that in the past, i was watching youtube videos while playing and that was a real disaster on my tables..then i stopped to watch

linf

linf

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I never play more than 2 tables. and I always watch something on the TV

Top 10 Games