Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
My fam is good with it lol
In fact i play on the daily along with my mother
using facetime with my Alexa :)
Is a great past time to spend with her !!!

C

canabero

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
they don't play poker but they know i never lose money and i won something so they are ok.

forrow10

forrow10

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My wife hate poker. Is hard to explain her why cant leave a tourney after 4hs of play in the middle of the bubble XD.

T

tweezer_reraise

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
seems to be 50/50 in my family...either for or against , no grey area ha

cdntyler87

cdntyler87

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
My family is fine with it... just don’t understand how I can sit and stare at a screen for hours on end [emoji23][emoji23]

R

romamirr

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
When I won, they supported me, and if I won nothing, they reacted negatively to my poker occupation. :D It used to be said, why do you need this poker, will you play all your life? lol
Now my relatives are neutral, do not meddle in my affairs, I am very happy about that.

manzanillo53

manzanillo53

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I am too old too worry about what anyone thinks. That being said, Not sure if they even know I play poker a lot. I guess if my poker playing caused me to be broke then yes it would bother them. Because poker (live not on computer) has been minor league profitable no one seems to care either way. If I was major league profitable it might garner more attention.

U

Ultfrozen

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It doesn't bother my family, it doesn't affect them, it's just a hobby that brings a little money, they don't mind) the main thing is that poker doesn't interfere with real life.

AndyFio

AndyFio

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
My dad also likes to play poker, learns different strategies and methods of playing. He is also registered at poker sites and supports me in this. Mom is indifferent to this, but sometimes she can play live for the company.

Ecolando

Ecolando

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My partner and I have argued at length in the past about my poker hobby. She hates that when I play a tournament, I am committed to that tournament until I bust out or win.. This could be 10 minutes, 1 hour, or 5 hours. So I can only really do these MTTs at night when my partner and baby are asleep. We've managed to find a balance and I am generally supported in my hobby, but the balance with family is more important than anything else. Poker must not come before family, ever. We agree on that, and so it works! I do sometimes dream of the days when I was young and single and could play poker all day long, but at least I get to play.

3gdata

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I guess it's kind of neutral after realizing I can play profitable, it's more like a hobby for me and I'm not going to sell my apartment lol.

yezzrr

yezzrr

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
They love it when I win, and hate it when I lose.. poker is besides the point

E

edujah420

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
everyone likes all card games, especially poker for those who know how to play.

O

orlando miguel rossler

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My family loves poker, my Mrs. and my children all play until a 12-year-old grandson learned at 10 and I taught him I know that for now it is a game the same for months that he does not play only play but when I play a nice tournament He sits next to me and we have mates and we have fun if he wins better

vnnby

vnnby

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
My family don't play poker because this is a gamble, but I have a friend who plays poker.

DiazPoker3101

DiazPoker3101

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
Thread: Is your family for or against poker?

My family is against me investing so much time in this but they will change their opinion some day in the meantime I will continue studying and playing

A

azgeda

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
What does your family think about you playing poker

What does your family think about you, playing poker? Are they supportive or do they not really like it?

A fox 666

A fox 666

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My relatives do not mind if the family's money is not spent)))

S

Szachajevy

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My husband is playing with me and I'm so glad we have a common interests. I tried to tell about poker to other family members but after seeing their reaction I decided not to talk about it anymore. I don't think it's necessary for them to know everythin about my all hobbies and free time spendings

christmasscorpion

christmasscorpion

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
my family doesn't care that I play poker I try to talk to them as little as possible about poker

S

ScottyDee

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Family

They dont really have much inyerest in my poker playing.

D

deputat

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
My family respect me and my interests and have nothing against poker

Juan Oro

Juan Oro

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Most think that it is a game of chance, others think that it is a vice or a waste of time trying to make a living playing poker.
Very few will understand about the game and few will support you, you just have to show them with actions that poker is a game more of skill than luck and in the long term you will see the good results that can be achieved with discipline. more important is that you always believe in yourself and your vision about poker.

manzanillo53

manzanillo53

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I am 68 so I do not care, my life my money. But that said I do not let it interfere with family obligations.