Is Your Family For or Against Poker?

Adi8877

Adi8877

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
no, they mostly talk about it negatively, even when they see the result, profit. Blame for the 'time-wasting', if I do not play, and no money from it, blame why I do not play, if I play, blame with any other silly reason, because i do not do what they want... but of course, even when i do what they want, it is still no good, obviously, because even they tell to do, they know it has no meaning at all, does not have any point in the 'slaving, slaving for less than my living cost' ... the meaningless stupidity does not have boundaries... and it is not only my family, mostly not family...

G

goozfrahbah

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I've always explained to mine that cash games are gambling and tournament style is really just like any other competitive game where you pay an entry fee and top X placing wins. They don't mind as long as you aren't gambling your life away :D

Sariane

Sariane

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

totally against it, I prefer to go on my own they don't accept

my family is not in favor. but let me live my phase, my choice.

Last edited by a moderator:
C

Chel_nv

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
My family doesn't know my passion for poker, but I want to share my success one day so they can take it easy and know that I'm completely in control of my wins and losses.

kringoo

kringoo

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
family only supports when you see the results outside of this you will not have support

K

korbal29

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Great question . My wife hates poker with passion because she says we miss out on quality time with the kids and so on

barba332

barba332

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
the family

hello people,the family always supports what generates money,I had many joys with this beautiful sport,and you?:icon_sant

K

kefapos

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Of course

I used to watch my father playing poker, so he taught me and now I can not wait to teach my son

nogamblin

nogamblin

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
“Poker is war. People pretend it is a game.” ~ Doyle Brunson

davidkimtai89

davidkimtai89

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
When you play poker mean you have to control emotion , that why sex is harmful , sex make you hasrh , the undeliberated action lead to bad result .

psanto

psanto

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Family

I have no support, because almost everybody thinks poker is something bad, that it have to do with addiction. My folks are more ok with me playing, but my wife doesn't like it at all, she always asks me ironically how much I won. My daughter said that she will like if I buy her a gift.

P

pokerdebit

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I play with no one bothering or hindering me
So they neither support or reject it

Derifish17

Derifish17

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Win or lose, my wife is against. So really, it's a lose/lose.
Exactly the same for me i cant win either way when i cash its not good enough and when i lose its not good enough lol

mardasenia

mardasenia

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have a friend, so he divorced his wife, as he devoted most of his time to poker, not her! this is history

Z

Zeke67

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Thumbs up

My family definitely loves poker. It’s played at all family gatherings. Albeit they do play some wild “dealer’s choice” games. My family, my friends, and just about everyone I know loves poker.

Z

Stay Safe

W

williemays56

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
family

most dont mind but does sometimes intervere with scheduling day

jj77jwj

jj77jwj

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes they think I'm wasting my life away but I'm not you can definitely make money playing poker it's all about experience and knowledge so it takes a lot of practice I will be in Vagas one day I'm going to try my luck

kley126

kley126

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
thank God my family supports me a lot in poker and they trust me that at any timea bomb arrives lol

Raphael Zabel

Raphael Zabel

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
My wife supports, plays at home but does not have the same desire to play online. Help me to overcome the bad stages and celebrate the victories!

Goblingerty

Goblingerty

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Adult kids are for, hubby is against, but I don't really care what others think anyway, its a bit of fun, I don't play big stakes.

Goblingerty

Goblingerty

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Probably, like many others, when I have no success in this, my family has a negative attitude. When there is success, the family says that they have always supported and supported me lol.
Sounds about right in my family too :angel:

Chief talking bull

Chief talking bull

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Considering the fact that I don't put any money into it there's no problem at all.