Is Your Family For or Against Poker?

Split

Split

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I live 1 and no one knows that I play poker, and I play at micro-stakes or freerolls ...

Luvepoker

Luvepoker

Lost in the twilight zone
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
It depends on who you ask for me.

My parents dont get the game and I come from a family that does not gamble but they are supportive of my playing the game I love.

My wife hate poker and pretty much anything to do with it. This being said, my wife does not stop me from playing as long as it does not affect our family and finance. When I won my seat into the wsop she made sure that I not only got to go but did it in the best possible way for a nice trip while she stayed home with the kids.

My kids love my playing poker. My daughter learned basic math skill and number watching me play as did my son. They are also my biggest fans and have poker stuff in there bedrooms and enjoy playing with me for fun. There is nothing like getting a email from school of the day care person congratulating me for winning my WSOP seat. When I asked how did they know they said your daughter (7) is telling everyone. When I asked he rwhy she was doing it she said she was proud of me. I am a lucky man.

K

Kenorgcom

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Is your family for or against poker?

My family is for poker unless you can’t play the game.

S

samsonand

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
hahahaha in short, my family was always against all my hobbies and games hahaha I don't know if they don't like me or if they just don't like what I like

Whodahustla

Whodahustla

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It's best they don't know

They (My Wife and Mother-in-law) were against it. Then I won a tournament and agreed my wife use it to buy our son some clothes. Ever since then she became used to it while the mother-in-law was still skeptical. One day I figured I'd get my mother-in-law to warm up to the idea by giving her my pokerstars card to get something for my son while they were out. She returned and said it didn't work.(I'm sure it was something she did.) I continued playing and over the years got better at online tournaments.

I would ask my wife if I should fold, call or raise. She brushed me off at first but slowly but surely she started deciding. Before you knew it, we were winning tournaments left and right. I won my biggest rake in a tournament where we would put our heads together on what we should do. She knew enough to learn as we played.

Now, when she's with the mother-in-law (her mom) she's against it. When we're alone, I'll say she tolerates it. Especially when I win. To ease their minds I tell them I'm playing with play money. Even if I'm not!:laugh:

619Leafs

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
My family is not a supporter to play poker. But I still play online for the fun.

aslanvanacha

aslanvanacha

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
My family is not against of my hobby even they try to Support me psycologically))

S

Superhansi

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Poker is accepted un the family, but not liked...

Erik moraes

Erik moraes

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
they are against it but when I win a good prize, then they like it

P

pokerdebit

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Everyone that knows about my poker are more on the against side

C

Comboss599

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don't have ant problem with my family in the subject playing poker.

M

marcelo benavidez

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
no, i play when i have some free time, then no problem.

fenoz

fenoz

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My father-in-law doesn’t believe that I played 200 $ without additional deposit.

rodo 2285

rodo 2285

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Neither one nor the other is indifferent to them.

R

Romaliyskiy

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My family does not mind that I play poker) The main thing is that I approach the game and life consciously !!!)

R

Randy Cummings

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Unprotected sex is gambling

If your family is against gambling ask them if their pregnancies were planned :cool:

J

jkersten

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Sadly against. though my mother is very happy when i win some.

efranto2286

efranto2286

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
Sometimes they are indifferent, others get upset because I spend many hours glued to the pc, but when the money is taken out nobody says anything hahaha

Z

zrok_ar

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
in General, it is normal, because my wife likes when I win, and something falls to her

Lenka65

Lenka65

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
poker

It's a strange thing, when I win, my wife is not against online poker, but when I lose, she says that this is a waste of time and nerves. This is disgusting, of course.

Rob Hobson

Rob Hobson

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I'm an old fashioned man, so my family don't care much 'bout my hobbies or my poker. The main thing they know very well is that I like poker very much and I don't wanna be disturbed when playing, ever.

Roller

Roller

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
It helps if you have others cheering you on and understanding the amount of time that will be required to invest in your game. Find the balance in life with others and poker and others will more likely try and support you and your game.

J

Jutt315

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
For it

My family is OK with me playing poker as long as long as it doesn't effect my bank roll or my attitude. So as long as its not causing any problems there OK with me playing poker.

W

wulfeman007

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
they dont play .they dont care if i play ..they think its a waste of time and money