Is Your Family For or Against Poker?

Queen of poker

Queen of poker

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
If your family against poker? Is a global problem only in these game?

My family against of everything that i do...
The real problem is not a game... By my opinion its only misunderstanding of ages and rules of life which prefer each of us... The most difficult is to hide what you like from your perents because no need to explain to someone who dont care...

Claudiunm

Claudiunm

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I am lucky My family has nothing against it. But also, I play in moderation.​

In fact, I even have fans here at home. I will win the Sunday Million. LOL

Queen of poker

Queen of poker

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I am lucky My family has nothing against it. But also, I play in moderation.​

In fact, I even have fans here at home. I will win the Sunday Million. LOL
I wish to you a win:)

nanida888

nanida888

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My family supports me in the game of poker, we condemn distributions, they understand what I am talking about when I talk about bad beats or rides, they are happy to win) I love my family!

PokerLibrarian

PokerLibrarian

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
My oldest son thinks it is super cool but my wife isn’t really a fan. However, she’s fine with me playing and knows it is better than a lot of other hobbies I could have instead.

B

BatOneHat

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Wife vs mother

my wife is ok with it. Mostly because I play rather small stakes. My mother is not a gambler and disagrees.

C

crazycitizen

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Against, my family do not believe it offers any benefit to the wider society.
I see their point.

But I believe what you do with your money is more important. I also believe the majority of jobs do not benefit society :)

Branimir84

Branimir84

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
HR
Chips
Never had a problem in that regard.

MishkaZL

MishkaZL

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I am not married, but I have a sister. She does not support my hobby, but obviously poker is my choice and I have a right to it.

COMIRRR

COMIRRR

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
They have no problem with that because I only dedicate my time to poker in the evening and that doesn't affect us. They know that's how I relax and support myself and in addition I'm not a person who involves a lot of money in something like that

P

poker hp635

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
my wife knows that i play poker but disapproves of it

AmyricoLiliana

AmyricoLiliana

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My husband plays poker, too. My mom wants to learn
Our kids play, too, even though they're only 6 and 7, but we often hear JJ play a few all-ins 😁

Pokerpoet2

Pokerpoet2

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
My Wife hates the mere mention of Poker, but to be honest I proved to her that I will not ever lose money at the game. I have never made a deposit on any site and still play regularly on-line, and when it came to playing live games I proved to her that I could win on a regular basis, by putting my profit away and using that to buy-into tournaments.
Admittedly I do not win every game I play, that would be impossible, but the first season I joined a Pub Poker League, I won a place in the Regional Finals and only played around 8 or 9 of the 13 games.
Once when I was going to one of my regular Pub games, she asked me for some extra money so she could buy clothing for a upcoming holiday we were going on, and I said I will leave you some money on the table when I get home,
As I was walking out the door she said "Who says you will have any money left after playing Poker all night?" I just replied " I will leave you my winnings". The next morning she woke up to £100 on the coffee table with a note saying "As promised". I got up much later as I was on night shift and she had written underneath, " I guess you won again" "Sorry for being a b***h but I do love you" "I just hate Poker!"

When the fun Stops, STOP!

Mityamoriss

Mityamoriss

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My family has a neutral position about me playing poker

lexyyxel

lexyyxel

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
They will never accept, but they didn't know yet :p

I Live Poker

I Live Poker

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
in relation to the family do they support you or are you alone in poker?
fully support me! it was even my father who taught me, he played some time online, but he prefers live and also a vision problem hinders him from playing many hours online. And does your family support you?

W

WHAKAORIORI

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
My family don’t judge on anything do they sweet as bro

bapfel

bapfel

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
My young children (4 & 6 years old) are superhappy,
My wife sometimes is not, as the tournaments shorten the night and she is asleep, when I arrive at 1 am. :)

wrzlbrnft

wrzlbrnft

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
as long primary family activities are not bothered by playing poker, my wife will accept it. Recently I was after hours in an tourney ITM and continued playing on my mobile device, while we had dinner. This gaves me some trouble...
Another reason for playing Cashgames.

eberetta1

eberetta1

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I do not get too many complaints. I play online poker when the relatives are sitting down watching their movies. So I am doing what I enjoy and they are doing what they enjoy. And we are still by each other which is probably where most disagreements get started, when people isolate themselves to separate rooms.

Pokerishard

Pokerishard

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Happy wife means happy life. How long poker didnt disturb my family life are all good.

K

kanycta99

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
As long as poker does not harm our lives, my wife is quite calm. at first she was a little scared, but when she saw that I was not going to lose the apartment, she calmed down.

7thseal

7thseal

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I come from a Southern Baptist home and needless to say poker was frowned upon by my father; however, my mother for some reason thought that it was a thrilling sport. I ended up getting married on 7-7-7 in Las Vegas and neither of them showed up for the wedding. It wasn't a fly by night wedding either. It took planning of almost a year in advance. We had awesome flower arrangements, took the ride in the pink Cadillac, and were married by Elvis. They couldn't put aside their beliefs for 1 day to support their own son. My mom regretted not attending and I think that is why she supported my poker events. We would celebrate after wins and enjoyed the spoils together. She has regretfully passed away, but I still feel her smiling down on me when I have the best hand.