Can you stop the gamble?

Miguelpaniura0893

Miguelpaniura0893

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Of course, yes, everything has its limits, you can't be betting everything, you have to have a little control with everything that surrounds you, life is not just poker, prepare yourself in other work or professional fields so that tomorrow it will not work for you. play poker well, have other options to develop yourself and not stay in limbo and waste good opportunities that life gives you, take good care of yourself, play and enjoy, never see it as an obligation.

INISHTE

INISHTE

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BO
Chips
Currently I don't do that, I already did it before and it cost me to recover that money, I think I'm used to the variance, also I don't overdo my bets and I keep my bankroll safe.

eniseysmail

eniseysmail

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Almost all players always believe that if excitement turns on, then you should take a break in the game as soon as possible. However, this is very difficult to do. Therefore, my opinion is that it is not necessary to have one single hobby - playing poker. You always need to have, in addition to the game, another no less important hobby, which can more significantly replace the game. Then the separation from the game will be easier and the feeling of excitement can be more or less muffled.

Dalyn

Dalyn

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yes I can control that but somethimes my bankroll gets down

W

wavetune

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
it's very simple, you need to take a break for a year, well, or at least 6 months, it's easy to do-you need to write to technical support on all sites where you play and ask to block you for a certain time, in addition to losing money, you can also endure severe stress and emotionally get into a difficult situation, take care of your health

Nizar

Nizar

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I recently noticed that I get goofy as a poker player and start seriously gambling (playing loose aggressive) after few tournaments have not gone my way.. what about you guys..?
How do you control this?
As for me, I can't stop gambling, especially poker, after I started learning the techniques of playing.

milka1605

milka1605

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I keep myself in hand always and always try to win. I always play carefully and do not allow myself to be relaxed.

dzsire

dzsire

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
HU
Chips
As they have written before me: if you don’t play patiently and with pleasure, the whole thing can go into crazy gambling. Unfortunately, patience is needed everywhere in life, which is why I am also in trouble. It’s hard to deal with it if somebody's a basically impatient type. Even without it, a bankroll cannot be built. (I don't really succeed either.)

navicula

navicula

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
In my opinion, money management or bankroll management is very important, helping to limit the money we play. In addition, it helps me in controlling the game and emotion.

And of course, we have to be disciplined and responsible in playing. Good luck!

C

Comboss599

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Never!! Playing poker is my hobby and passion which i love. Maybe i will become smarter in the future :)

Madalin Poke

Madalin Poke

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
I, too, have been through this state of decay many times. From the normal game I play, as fair and well thought out as possible, after a series of misfortunes based on bad luck, I start to play chaotically, lost the sharpness of my style and make many mistakes from the frustration of previous losses.

It is quite easy to get carried away by that mental decline and most of the time it results in losing the place of supremacy that you initially aim for.

Despite all the documentation about how to control yourself in such situations, to be able to continue to play at full capacity of your level even with the stack severely injured I often still fail to stay afloat and in control with my normal style of play. However I believe that in the end it is only related to your inner power of self-control of emotions, wich is very difficult because the vibes are very oscillating during a tournament.

An example of situation wich I always fall prey is when I come to some few BB in one unlucky hand from having a big stack or even being the big stack bully. When that happens to me, the clarity of my usual style would usually disappear because I just can't take that drastic fall. :cautious::unsure:

Last edited:
MattRyder

MattRyder

🍏 Tech That Works!
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I’ve read every response here. Thanks to everyone for such exceptional honesty!

To summarize:

Most of us know that we’re uncontrolled gamblers and can’t do anything about it.

Some of us try taking a break when we realize it’s gone too far, but we come back sooner or later.

There is no way to beat this addiction, but if you’re good enough you may be able to get on the other side of it by practising solid bankroll management, tight play and ALWAYS being disciplined. (but this “solution”, if that’s what it is, seems antithetical to the issue in the first place)

Last edited:
F

Foxie12340

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I recently noticed that I get goofy as a poker player and start seriously gambling (playing loose aggressive) after few tournaments have not gone my way.. what about you guys..?
How do you control this?
I find I do this too and my solution is to walk away for a while

D

danydidi

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Didn't try .why to stop ,if you are loosing big money try to control it and play small ,amount that you can afford without being sad .it's like drinking a beer each day

zamana80

zamana80

Enthusiast
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I can stop but i will feel soon that i miss something and i could win probably...
But in 99% my opponent will have something on a river and me never!

Rahatis

Rahatis

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Always keeping in mind that there are other hobbies that can be more fun than poker helps.

manzanillo53

manzanillo53

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If you consider poker gambling, you are not doing it right. Is baseball gambling no, but the more you practise the more you win or at least improve your skillset ergo your ability to win. Poker is the same, a sport so practice practice practice.

H

Hsac

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
How do you control this?
I think that means it's time to take a break, get away, go on a trip, do some fishing, visit a dude ranch, anything but poker for a little while to get your head straight and then come back to the game refreshed. If you can't do this, then you might be addicted.

TulasMoreno

TulasMoreno

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
MX
Chips
Yes, its all about decision and thats it!

MattRyder

MattRyder

🍏 Tech That Works!
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If you consider poker gambling, you are not doing it right. Is baseball gambling no, but the more you practise the more you win or at least improve your skillset ergo your ability to win. Poker is the same, a sport so practice practice practice.
Correct- baseball is not gambling, it’s a (physical) sport. Poker is gambling. There is no physical ability required to play poker. Betting on sports like baseball is also gambling. The better you know the players and the teams, the better you are at picking winners. But it’s still gambling.

The similarities and differences are always fun to debate, but at the end of the day facts matter.

Last edited:
Related Gambling Guides: AU Gambling - CA Gambling - UK Gambling - NZ Gambling - Online Gambling