Lipki3

Lipki3

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
I easily endure all downstrike. I just accept it as part of the game. Without them, nowhere. No gamble, no future!

C

Cooking

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It's always difficult to control tilt, but you need to remind that the chances of you losing money and see all your efforts go to waste are much higher than to have profits when you're on tilt mood.

D

dlam

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If I spewing I stop
Play online games non money
Get my mind back on track

Baldy86

Baldy86

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
i know that feeling . happens to me moreso in cash games

i think the best thing you can do to avoid it is to just stop playing once you realize that you are starting to get goofy etc.

it is hard though . because often when things dont go our ways we want to play even more with the desire to win or to win back what we lost .

but i think it is necessary to be disciplined and to stop when you should stop

Chebchoub

Chebchoub

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
MA
Chips
Unfortunately, this is a mistake I always make and repeat over and over:(
Of course I went through the same experience and I keep repeating it, it is normal in gambling, and I do not think that there is a player who did not go through the same experience either.
The only way out of this situation is to stop playing for a while or sometimes for several days until this painful feeling ends. The truth is that it is not easy, but it is also not impossible, and this is also an aspect that distinguishes professional players from others.
I think that controlling the psychological aspect in the right way in the game of poker is one of the most important things that must be respected, learned and applied firmly so that we can continue to enjoy poker without regret;)

Acechador

Acechador

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
EC
Chips
I recently noticed that I get goofy as a poker player and start seriously gambling (playing loose aggressive) after few tournaments have not gone my way.. what about you guys..?
How do you control this?

It is difficult at the beginning to control emotions, especially when there are bad beats and you start playing revenge poker, I prefer to take 5 minutes of rest and even turn off the computer. :icon_thum

COMIRRR

COMIRRR

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
I try a few more tournaments and in the end I give up after losing some more money, I can't manage to stop at first

YYfourU

YYfourU

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think it all comes down to how u were raised. Anger is not something we are born with rather it’s something we are formed into with childhood experiences. I find people with really well disciplined are people who had their parents teach them this thru modern day child teachings. It’s not like 40 years ago where it was ok to hit your child or swear at them. Children who are abused are less likely to be able to hold their emotions together in tough situations. All I really have to say is;
I know where my anger comes from...do u???

Pavel1203733

Pavel1203733

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Sometimes, when I lose, I can spend a significant part of my bankroll to get back what I lost. This is not good, not very good. I understand this, but sometimes it is not possible to translate this understanding into actions.

M

mtmigmike

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I usually lose control in poker when I drink alcohol, if I lose, then I always want to win back, I lose again and I can’t stop, I need to drink less.:mad::D

jfofla

jfofla

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think it's funny, when we lose a strong hand with play, in the next round we usually bet aggressively.

S

scubed

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I recently noticed that I get goofy as a poker player and start seriously gambling (playing loose aggressive) after few tournaments have not gone my way.. what about you guys..?
How do you control this?
I quit playing for the day BEFORE this happens. Don't tilt! :)

efranto2286

efranto2286

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
Hello when I'm playing cash games and I'm winning it's hard for me to stop sometimes I've made a lot of money and then I go in a hand with everything and I lose everything :D

pavel1111111

pavel1111111

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
Well stop :)), it's so simple :)when you make a big stack in the tournament you don't have to make fun of it .... play the way you played and until you have that big stack and it's good and you'll be rewarded:)

venycyos

venycyos

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The game is very complicated, you assume that villain shouldn't make a certain move, it ends at showdown and you are surprised when he shows exactly that hand that doesn't make any sense for him to have played that way. Usually here I go on tilt and blame the villain and sometimes I end up burning the section. However, most of the time it's my mistake that I wasn't able to analyze that it could behave that way.

toni_brasco

toni_brasco

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I just decided to stop to play on GG network because i'm sure that their RNG is just way too much out of some normal randomness, i don't say that it's rigged in someones favour but it is made like always creating drama-thriller.
You just so often get the hand that you can't fold and of course your opponent got nuts or the opposite, it' s just like that.
Same story goes in other famous poker rooms but crazy in GG network.
If you compare it with coin poker or virtue poker, these rooms are much more natural randomness like in a real life, i don't mean that it doesn't happened but not in every hand...

roberto51

roberto51

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
For me, taking a break from playing poker is not a problem. The more problem may be overconfidence in the game and a lack of concentration while playing.

willjosp

willjosp

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Sometimes if you are a person who does not control your impulses you cannot control stop gambling, many people think that gambling is a vice but if you realize everything can be controlled from your mind, :D in general, everything in excess is bad even in bets:D

blueskies

blueskies

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Sounds like tilt. Just stop playing. Easier said than done sometimes, but that's why you need to have more things you like to do than poker.

I also cave in to tilt sometimes, but it's much rarer now than it used to be. You just can't win at every table or at every session. When it ain't going well, cut the losses.

Rob Hobson

Rob Hobson

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Gambling is here to stay. Where there's life there's gambling.

Spannerdeth

Spannerdeth

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I can acknowledge bad tilt and leave a game, but not before I do a stupid random aggressive raise to steal a pot. It's rare, but it happens.

A

alabos

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Very dificult to stop gambling and to keep bankroll high.....one day up abd one day down.....we have just to know when stopping play.....

Related Gambling Guides: AU Gambling - CA Gambling - UK Gambling - NZ Gambling - Online Gambling