JetmirDulja

JetmirDulja

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
I don’t think I am at a point where I can control myself from gambling … there are some times when I lose control and I just gamble .. it’s sad but I think also that acknowledging it means that maybe I am on a right track to fix it and play better.

choprav

choprav

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Nah I try to stay pretty resilient in my plan, but do mix things up occasionally, depending on how certain players are playing

Luvepoker

Luvepoker

Lost in the twilight zone
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I step away from the game. I will take the day week or even a month off if i find my mind not in the right spot.

ghitocarcia

ghitocarcia

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
PE
Chips
when one is already committed to the pot, one can no longer withdraw, so that this does not happen, several factors come into play, not making large bets and trying not to make the pot grow to the point of not being able to withdraw, once it is big the well, try not to fall into the game of an aggressive rival

Falai_san

Falai_san

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
MA
Chips
It's a phase everyone goes through.
For me, when I feel like I'm in a cycle of defeats, I try not to play and relax my mind a little.

L

Leroydubz

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
gambling is necessary when pot to stack ratio is in your favor and you have fold equity

john_entony

john_entony

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
How to deal with gambling? Yes, that sweet feeling when you win big money that makes each of us take risks. Gambling is, first of all, an overestimation of your own abilities. And in the second - the inability to cope with the consequences. So, to cope with gambling can only one important quality - self-criticism. :unsure:

Michel_11

Michel_11

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I think the first step to improving in this aspect is realizing that you are making a mistake.

The specific ways to improve will vary from player to player. An alternative is to hide the result of the hand, using permitted software.

But the main point is to understand the nature of the game.

Ruslan L

Ruslan L

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I primarily play for fun, and I accept failure quite easily. Unlucky today, tomorrow I will have another chance. It is because of this attitude towards poker that I am a fairly patient and disciplined player.

jose_saleh

jose_saleh

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
PE
Chips
Take a break, if you have other hobbies, enjoy them for a while until you feel mentaly able to return to poker.

Rachidao

Rachidao

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Yes I can control, if you don't have patience to play right just don't play.

Captainine9

Captainine9

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Sometimes, when I recognize that my plays are affected by some tilt feelings, I try to make an experience: let's pretend I'm a very amateur player, and go back to scratch one, play absolutely NIT. I realize that humbleness is a good tool to counter pretentiousness, we kinda stop making calls we shouldnt do when we go back to a tight gameplay, give less space for variance to work against us. When you know, with patience, you'll be receiving some monster hands and earning a lot of chips.
If that doesnt work, and I'm really in a loose aggressive mood, I like to play some turbo tournaments, where we really have to expand our range. Aggressiveness tend to pay off on those tourneys.

Last edited:
TeUnit

TeUnit

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The more games I have going the less time I have to dwell on a bad beat.

ninocabral

ninocabral

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think you should stay focused on always playing the way you are used to and you shouldn't change just because it's going bad, poker is like that but we shouldn't go on tilt

888NOX888

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
After a few years of playing poker, I decided that if I can't play properly and I make a lot of wrong decisions, then it's better to take a break from the game, it will save my nerves and money.

mr.fers_one

mr.fers_one

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
when you are lucky, you perceive it normally, which means that it is necessary, you consider yourself a super master and a professional, but when there is a streak of failures, everything is to blame, from the room and the random number generator to the universal conspiracy against you... but in fact, it's all about you, you need to work on the game, on your discipline, poker is not a game of luck, it's a game of skill))

R.Melnyk77

R.Melnyk77

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I recently noticed that I get goofy as a poker player and start seriously gambling (playing loose aggressive) after few tournaments have not gone my way.. what about you guys..?
How do you control this?
I play for fun and although for me poker is an additional source of income, nevertheless, I understand that poker is a game of chance, and control over one's own emotions and common sense in such games should always be in the first place. If I see that things are not going well, I conclude that it is not my day and I should stop and take a break. In my case, common sense always prevails over emotions.

D

Dougana

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
I consider I can stop it, but I never try to stop playing poker, only take breaks.

lilypond

lilypond

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
GB
Chips
I don't gamble as I don't want to waste money. Maybe take a break after a loss and study tournament strategy instead, then come back after a few days. Or try a different game format like SnGs or cash games.

W

Wega85

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
to stop gambling is like asking to stop breathing. Life is a gamble. every choice we make is a gamble.

Academico

Academico

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
Controlling emotions in poker is essential to maintaining a solid and profitable game in the long term. Here are some strategies you can employ to better manage those moments of frustration and avoid falling into impulsive play patterns:

Emotional State Awareness: Recognize your own emotions and how they can influence your game. If you're feeling frustrated or upset after a losing streak, take a moment to breathe deeply and calm down before making important decisions at the table.
Set profit and loss limits: Before you start playing, set clear limits on how much you are willing to lose in a session and how much you expect to win. Once you reach those limits, stop and reflect before continuing to play.
Practice mental discipline: Learn to separate your emotions from your game decisions. Maintain a disciplined approach and follow your strategy even when things don't go as you expected.
Reevaluate your strategy: If you notice that you are playing more aggressively or loosely out of frustration, stop and reflect on your approach. Consider whether your current strategy is optimal or whether you need to adjust your game to suit the situation.
Take regular breaks: If you find yourself in a negative emotional state or playing irrationally, take a break. Get up from the table, take a short walk, or do something to clear your mind before playing again.
Seek support: Talk to other players or find resources on emotional management in poker. Sharing experiences and tips can help you develop better skills to control your emotions at the table.
Remember that poker is a game of skill and patience, and that fluctuations are normal. Stay calm, maintain a disciplined approach, and keep working on improving your game instead of getting carried away by negative emotions.

Related Gambling Guides: AU Gambling - CA Gambling - UK Gambling - NZ Gambling - Online Gambling