Are you listening to music while playing poker?

dragunovich

dragunovich

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i think you should have your specific music folder to play poker, whether its electronic music or some kind of music that allows you to get into concentration. I've read the high-volume electronic music that is the most recommended ... you should google something referring to that topic because in my opinion the music factor is very important.

VivicvrMga

VivicvrMga

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I prefer to listen to music, silence bothers me as much as excessive noise. But something that is the first thing I silence and the sounds of the application.

radartodd69

radartodd69

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I like listening to music while I play. Usually hard rock. Sometimes I'll turn it down when I need to focus.

S

stamark

Enthusiast
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes and i think music keeps me focused.without music i would propably do something else so i think it's the best company while playing

Tony Vayer

Tony Vayer

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don't listen to music while playing. I'm watching a movie. And this sometimes distracts from the game. On so I find it interesting.

M

marcelo benavidez

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Music, relaxing music, like some beck o adele.

Shrops

Shrops

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Music

I do listen to music when I play. I find it more enjoyable to listen to music when I play.

J

JAAMEZz

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
usually watching youtube or twitch. rarely music

Y

Yoda_Priest_X_Napo

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I believe that when you play Poker this must be the only thing you gonna be doing, depends on the reasons you play obviously. if you are a recreational player i dont see any harm doing whatever you like, but for a grinder music can be a distraction, it can take you out of your A game, your focus your flow at not time, and sometimes you might not even be that aware on how it affects you.Following the mood and the emotions of the music you listen and carrying it into your game is not a good idea, nor the contradictions in emotions, like your favourite song in playlist comes up, and the same time you lose a huge pot etc etc.

T

TpaEnforcement

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I find at times listening to music playing poker you get in the zone. only for myself a lot of people I know ask me how do you listen to music they lose there focus.

P

pauloandre100

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I hear that crazy vibe of the red hot chili peppers

Gamebreakr25

Gamebreakr25

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Are you listening to music or do you prefer to hear just the poker sounds while you are playing online? :thrasher:
Hi. I'm usually jamming out to some type of rock music. I love it !!! It gets me hyped !!!! Take care, and have a good night :cool:

Stevan

Stevan

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Either music or some funny videos, idk why, but it helps me a lot. Since lets say u fold like 90% of the hands in the tournament, u get bored. I can't stand folding hands and doing nothing, i would get bored and do something stupid at the table.

T

Tatomircg

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Are you listening to music or do you prefer to hear just the poker sounds while you are playing online? :thrasher:
no music..for me....i like to focus on the table...even if is goung to get boring...if u don t get good cards

Joe

Joe

99.98% Kiln dried
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
When playing online in a cafe or somewhere public I'll use earphones & music to block out the general chatter which is really annoying when trying to concentrate..

At home sometime I'll listen to music, sometimes not, just depends how I feel...

Live I like to have have access to music but will only ever have one earphone in quietly as to still be able to hear everything said at the table easily.

[emoji442][emoji445][emoji445][emoji445]

Martin Carreira

Martin Carreira

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I prefer to listen to music or watch television in order to relax better and not think so much about the plays. I also like to go for a walk and lower my nerves haha

A

Ant467

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes, I'm listening to quiet music but not too loud.

W

wrapper

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
When I play online, I usually have YouTube playing music in the background or else I'm listening to sports. When I play live, there's too much going on in terms of table chatter, verbal declarations, voice inflections to listen for, etc., so I don't listen to music.

Ronaldo7

Ronaldo7

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
No i keep my contentration focused only on play!

ChipWinged

ChipWinged

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It's interesting moment for me. Sometimes I play music and IIhave upstrike simultaneously! Yeah, maybe it's coincidence (ok, I am sure it) but music has one more meaning for my poker game: it kills my tension.
Relaxation and tension are two main enemies for optimal game. So I prefer to listen rock and I can't relaxing with it but I can't have tension too because I like this music and my mood is excellent!

But sometimes I want to listen just chip sounds. My favourite sound on PokersPoke is fold's sound of last opponent after my bluff :D

T

TheCrownGuy

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I like listening to music when I play. Sometimes it's relaxing music other may be classic.

Some studies show that some brain wave may improve focus.

S

Soulguard

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I prefer music.. it calms me down ... I like it .. I never had the poker sounds on they just annoy me

K

kapobar

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Usually i have prefer list on youtube and i listen while playing,some music motivate me to play better.

The Boss

The Boss

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I mainly listen to music when I'm in the prize phase of a tournament. Typically pumps me up to strive for first place in an MTT.

drejva11

drejva11

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes of course, the music is relaxing me and gives me the energy at the same time.