Are you listening to music while playing poker?

Amanda A

Amanda A

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I love listening to music while playing but I don't like listening through headphones during a live game as I don't want to miss things players say. I like it on in the background if I'm playing live at a pub (our league plays in a pub).

damgold

damgold

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I do not hear anything, I'm playing on the phone, or I play or I listen to music

Z

Zikasamaster

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Are you listening to music or do you prefer to hear just the poker sounds while you are playing online? :thrasher:
I like to listen music,but something slow,music that calm down!!

Rusel2302

Rusel2302

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I prefer to play without music, it will distract from the game

H

Haftus

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Music or Stream

I like hearing some music while playing or watching a livestream on twitch. Just the pokersound is to silly for me :D

S

swanet83

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
most of the time I dont play music while I play poker most of the time I listen to the sports channels on tv

mistershrimpy

mistershrimpy

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Are you listening to music or do you prefer to hear just the poker sounds while you are playing online? :thrasher:
During the game I listen mostly light melodic music, preferably without words. Fast and hard music is distracting. But at crucial moments I turn off the music and concentrate only on the game. Without music, boring, especially at the beginning of MTT.

Dzob

Dzob

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I play in silence because music influences my playing style. Dynamic music causes an aggressive game and quiet music releases passive playing.

M

MadMan999

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I listen to music when playing freerolls or micro MTT. But I play in big tournament I concentrating on the game.

G

gwj63

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
yes i listen to both music
and the sound of chips and my turn

A

AJantwan

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Not always, but when I do, it's something like trance or some other form of EDM. I feel like it keeps me in the zone. I've almost got a Pavlovian response to Armin's 2017 Year in Review :)

riverokker

riverokker

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I love listening to music when I play. I will also play different genres depending on what stage of the tourney I am in. In a bounty tournament I will play a song like hit the road jack or another one bites the dust! Good luck![emoji812]️

Rob Hobson

Rob Hobson

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
When I listen, mostly classic jazz or old times acoustic blues. Lower than the game sounds volume.

Best of Luck.

Last edited:
najjah166

najjah166

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
no I never listen to music playing, I think it will disturb me and I could not concentrate as it should, maybe I'm wrong, but I'll try one day

D

Das4ever

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I personally prefer to listen for music because I think it helps for me to stay focued to the game.

A

akufto

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
in the mood, like when, sometimes I listen to music or watch TV, sometimes I play in complete silence, on different days in different ways.

G

gouloum16

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
music when i play

i like to play music when i play but not loud

C

Comboss599

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Very very rarely. I prefer absolutely silence.

I

insaneiam

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I like to listen to music or have the tv on for the background noise. I normally mute the computer, it tends to get irritating after a while the same noises over and over. would you agree?

A

AlbieTross

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Absolutely. The music calms me and keeps me focused and on track, especially after a bad beat, the music can help control my tilt.

guineasqueak

guineasqueak

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes, and the general preference is for a light and easy sound. Not too active or distracting. I prefer a relaxing ambient, lounge or chill house playlist when grinding online.

T

TpaEnforcement

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I listen to music while playing. Just not loud. I guess that's how I stay focused and if I lose a hand that I miss played I am over it.

ammje

ammje

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I like to listen to music while I play, it makes me feel awake if I'm tired.

Rahatis

Rahatis

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don't listen to music while playing, because the last time I did I had the God of War soundtrack on and played somewhat more aggressive than normal losing 15% of my br.