Are you listening to music while playing poker?

M

mtmigmike

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I prefer to listen to disco 80.

bonekeeper

bonekeeper

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Music overall makes me way more focused then if i don't have it on. I'm listening to house music with a really intense base going on all the time, just keeps me going and i think im doing better whilst listening to it for sure!

S

Schrubbler

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
When im playing casually i always listen to music so i can stay longer focused, but on larger tournaments etc i play with out to play at my absolute best at the time. At least this is my strategy

dzemer

dzemer

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I dont listen to music, nut im watching tv and at the same time im playing poker and HearthStone :D Its very relaxing for me :D

Katie Dozier

Katie Dozier

Poker Expert
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Unless I’m deep in a live MTT, it’s a must for me to listen to music while I play. In general I like stuff that has a pretty fast tempo and is ideally upbeat to keep my mental game strong. Some favorites for listening to while I grind are: Imagine Dragons, AWOLnation, and Florence and the Machine.

In general my music becomes calmer the fewer the tables I have—I like to listen to my fastest music when I have the most tables up to encourage me to act quickly. Come to think of it, it’s the way most people that like to listen to music while working out tend to pair it!

A

agriggy

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Are you listening to music or do you prefer to hear just the poker sounds while you are playing online? :thrasher:
Listenig to music is relaxing and can break the boredom when not in hands.

S

sergo1203

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Recently, very rarely I listen to music. watching TV.

W33dzLov3r

W33dzLov3r

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
Are you listening to music or do you prefer to hear just the poker sounds while you are playing online? :thrasher:
Yeah, I do listen to music, it is the vibe that starts the Adrenaline rush inside me, and when I hit an all in with a strong hand and a great sound on the background, I feel like a god of power, accomplished and at the top of the world :)
:D

S

Skl11game

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Definitely listening to music while I play. I’ll usually throw on a set from Dimitri Vegas & Like Mike.

T

ToTheBracelet

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I have twitch poker streamers playing in the background. Their music and hand commentary.

allinraw

allinraw

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't usually listen to music when I play live, but when Im online I do..

N

Nano5722

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Depends on the situation. But i know, that some people like it and it can help them a little in the game.

German629

German629

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
When I play poker, I try not to get distracted by other things... But sometimes I turn on
the music for the mood in the background for a while, especially when the tournament is
delayed...:bebored:

nikolaevich87

nikolaevich87

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

I like when music plays in the background, but interrupts the table it makes it difficult to concentrate !!! but it seems to me that it will stop bothering to interfere when the skill is at the proper level !!!?

BelFish

BelFish

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
I play on android and when i at home, always watch (listen) TV programms or listen music at radio.

Bidolaha

Bidolaha

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
When I listen to music, I am more focused on the game, too, yes I listen to music during the game

This Fish Chums

This Fish Chums

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Originally I watched TV while playing, but realized that was too distracting. Then I started listening to music, but realized it affects me emotionally while playing. So, now I try to not listen to stuff while I play.

makisaa

makisaa

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
Yes I am listening music while playing, or a radio music station. It is a fantastic companion and it covers all disturbing sounds!