Are you a Recreational or Pro Player?

As a CardChat Member, you are playing poker as a?

• Recreational Player, so what :)

Votes: 299 72.9%
  • Semi-Pro Player

Votes: 48 11.7%
  • Full-Time Pro Player

Votes: 10 2.4%
  • Transitioning Player - Semi-Pro

Votes: 42 10.2%
  • Transitioning Player - Full-Time Pro

Votes: 11 2.7%

• Total voters
frank174

frank174

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I play all the time I'll always be recreational even if I won wsop main event gotta know your limits anyone can call themselves a Pro doesn't make them one

frank174

frank174

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I always thought in any sport you became a pro when you received money for playing so in theory everyone who plays is a pro:eek:

C

curiplop

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think semi-professional, I dedicate half of my time to poker, as well as half of my money income comes from the

19aleks57

19aleks57

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
I have free time, play a lot of online poker promotion is moving a little, I like to play more, but there is little free tournaments, it is no secret, I want to improve your financial budget

K

Karl Hernandez

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I always thought in any sport you became a pro when you received money for playing so in theory everyone who plays is a pro:eek:

But most of the Players have to pay to Play poker, which is the Definition of a Hobby isnt it?:D

frank174

frank174

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
my bad, when you receive cash as prize money than you become a pro....... supposedly:eek2:

B

bigfabio

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
recreational

Hello I consider myself a recreational player. I like to play tournaments I used play on betfair at low limit holdem around 10-15 years ago which would take up a lot of my time I prefer playing recreationaly for the time being.

Nikolay Nakhaev

Nikolay Nakhaev

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I want to get good advice and experience from other players at the club and poker is now my main occupation in life, so I want to further develop it as a good player

JopyJoost

JopyJoost

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I am a recreational poker player and have played for the past 15 or so years. I do very little live poker.. local charity poker games in my home town. The most I have won live poker, $250 + or -.

Online Poker I only play freerolls and if I win some money through the freerolls I try to play in the money games. The most on line $150 + or -.

I find you need an immense amount of PATIENCE to play the proper way and to have the best results....something I find I do not have. Even if you do have this patience you still need lots of luck. This game is like being on a roller coaster ride...and you need to stay on this ride to the end of the game.

The one thing I have noticed...there are a lot of "players" who want to go ALL IN....to may times and just on a whim EXPOSING their whole stack to be taken.

Good Luck All and enjoy the game...have fun.

Just recently I won $14.50 in a Cardschat tournament (placed 2nd) and a Jackpot Freeroll won $8.12 (placed 6th)

C

Complx_Poker

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm relatively surprised by the results to be honest. Although I guess this is a place for people to learn, as there are far more learners than teachers now a days, and most Pro players probably spend more time playing than being on a Forum.

Transitioning Semi-Pro means you are transitioning into becoming Semi-Pro, right? Or am I completely missing the mark here. xD

xpvictor1

xpvictor1

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Strictly Recreational

Just for fun.

vuk011

vuk011

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Online - Recreational Player.. I have no desire to invest money online.
On the other hand, I make a great living out of money made on "live" play - tournaments mostly.
Semi pro I think.

E

ekgbeat

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I am a recreational poker player and have played for the past 15 or so years. I do very little live poker.. local charity poker games in my home town. The most I have won live poker, $250 + or -.

Online Poker I only play freerolls and if I win some money through the freerolls I try to play in the money games. The most on line $150 + or -.

I find you need an immense amount of PATIENCE to play the proper way and to have the best results....something I find I do not have. Even if you do have this patience you still need lots of luck. This game is like being on a roller coaster ride...and you need to stay on this ride to the end of the game.

The one thing I have noticed...there are a lot of "players" who want to go ALL IN....to may times and just on a whim EXPOSING their whole stack to be taken.

Good Luck All and enjoy the game...have fun.

Just recently I won $14.50 in a Cardschat tournament (placed 2nd) and a Jackpot Freeroll won $8.12 (placed 6th)

Congrats on the CC win. The freerolls are great bank roll builders.

I'm relatively surprised by the results to be honest. Although I guess this is a place for people to learn, as there are far more learners than teachers now a days, and most Pro players probably spend more time playing than being on a Forum.

Transitioning Semi-Pro means you are transitioning into becoming Semi-Pro, right? Or am I completely missing the mark here. xD

CC is a great community for poker players, and the honest just goes to show how great of a community it is for aspiring poker players.

Yes, you are right on the meaning of transitioning to semi-pro.
Online - Recreational Player.. I have no desire to invest money online.
On the other hand, I make a great living out of money made on "live" play - tournaments mostly.
Semi pro I think.

I'm definitely not at this level, but I use online to practice, and live to make some money. Mainly play cash games at 300NL

B

berryryan2488

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Recreation. I have a career and everything these days so my poker ambitions have kind of gone out of the window. The game is still fun, albeit a bit more difficult than I remember. Last weekend I made out like a bandit playing at a charity event for 1/2, which was cool. Who knows what the future holds but for now, I'm more than happy giving my money to you lovely people at the microstakes

SightUnseen

SightUnseen

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
A recreational player. Without a river there would be no fish! ;)

Nathan Williams

Nathan Williams

Poker Pro
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I voted semi-pro. My poker blog and YouTube channel take up way too much time now to be full-time anymore.

E

ekgbeat

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I voted semi-pro. My poker blog and YouTube channel take up way too much time now to be full-time anymore.

That's awesome. Feel free to link you YouTube so that we can follow along.

Polytarp

Polytarp

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I played at the same table with you recently..you are good. Thanks for creating this poll. (I voted "budding recreational."):ciao:

JopyJoost

JopyJoost

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Recreational Poker Player

I am a recreational poker player.

I just got back from a 2 week vacation...cruising. Needed a break. Even when your retired you need to get away from it all and just enjoy yourself.
Did I play live poker on the cruise...no...just enjoyed being out on the ocean.
That was the reason I could not be on cardschat to make posts but I am back now. :):):)

C

carolyne

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I've been playing online for a long time, there were losses, gains, but I'm just a leisure player.

fishfood80

fishfood80

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If we're talking about a pro being someone that's sole source of income is poker than I'm a pro. But if we're talking about a pro being someone who's made millions and is well known and travels all around the country then I'm far from it lol. But as of the last 2 years poker has paid the bills, bought the kiddos birthday and xmas presents, and kept the wife happy. So while I'm far from rich it's done well supporting my lifestyle.

A

ats272

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I can not become a professional player.This requires a lot of time,which ido not have.There will be more time,there will be big poker.In the meantime,play for fun.

C

CallmeFloppy

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Definitely a recreational player. I do not have the skills nor the temperament to handle being a pro at any level.