S

stephan7

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
hi hi
i just read this article, it make me very mad & upset
but what of the statistics and arguments it makes?
i take this article and burn it in backyard, thn stomp on the ashes!!

your comments please on this

https://www.returnofkings.com/153555/women-should-be-banned-from-poker-for-their-own-good

I think that this article is absurd. The gender of somebody doesn't determine if they are good or not at something in general. There have been many strong female examples already in the game of poker.

S

stephan7

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This criticism should be an incentive for us women to try harder.

Today, men continue to prevail in the popular card game, as they have a greater presence in tournaments, although that does not mean that women are less skilled.

The statistics that GEARÓID Ó HUALLACHÁIN shows in his article should only serve as an incentiveand challenge us to do better and better.

These women are an example of what we can achieve

Vanessa Selbst – 11.891.332 dólares
Kathy Liebert – 6.286.548 dólares
Kristen Bicknell – 4.777.107 dólares
Annie Duke – 4.270.548 dólares
Maria Ho – 3.990.852 dólares
Annette Obrestad – 3.942.232 dólares
Liv Boeree – 3.852.996 dólares

The women that you mention in your response are amazing poker players and I wish I had the skill that any of them have. Those are some tough poker players :jd4:

S

stephan7

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
No. Women have every right to play poker. But should men ?? This is a very dumb question. Women are not dogs! She's Also people and they have every right to play poker.:)

Could not have said it better myself. You make a great point ;)

T

tolayn83

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
With me at work working woman who only recently started playing poker. I see it like her and she is doing well. Therefore, I believe that women are obliged to play.

C

chattydb4567

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Poker is a beautiful game how it doesn’t discriminate against anyone it’s all about the green

Vanessa is one the best poker players out and exclude her from game would ridiculous she can bang wit anyone

Last edited by a moderator:
G

gnashty

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
That's ignorant lol

If that is actually a thought in anyone's mind those people are just threatened by them.

tw082

tw082

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
IDK Selbst is one of my favorite players.Like everything else it's been a boy's club so long men are threatened by strong intelligent women who can do things better and survive without their misogyny. Women haven't been given an even playing field to this day in the circuit and still some of the best players are women. Imagine if from the start the same number of men and women had been playing, Only those with an inferiority complex looks at another gender or race and pretends to be superior in any way.

K

kidrock1211

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
First, i love women poker players! You rock! Second id call for a boycott on reading anything for the person who wrote the story!
Here is an unfair quote from the story!
"The wsop started in 1970, and the main event has been played every year ever since. Out of the 417 players to make the final table, one has been a woman (she finished sixth in 1995). Women are bad at poker"
This is a stupid statement the reason there are more men is that there are way more men playing; the women are outnumbered! Pro poker players love to use math in their game count the odds yet the dense person did't take into account the math the odds! It has zero to do with how women play it's the odds some donk man player doesn't suck out on them!

Dutydog

Dutydog

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Are we sure this isn’t a parody? In any event, he provides no evidence for his conclusions.

VVi10

VVi10

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
how absurd! Women should play yes, if they are interested in poker as in any other sport, and even in poker I believe they should play at tables against men as well as against other women too, not separating tables only for men and tables only with woman.

rdwr33

rdwr33

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I don't think there should have been a comparison. Long live freedom of speech.

J

jsk963

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Do not ban any woman from the tables, cuz I make beautiful mistakes playing with them.

YevhenUA

YevhenUA

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
There is no need to forbid women to play poker, with the exception of wives :)

M

matiascecci1990

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I can't believe they write things like that. Women are as good as men, there will surely be some better and some worse, but I do not think that sex is a determining factor in the style of play or knowledge of a person about Poker. Actually about nothing, sex doesn't make a difference.

C

Cbrady1315

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
???

the Nerve of some people. This is quite comical. There are some great women poker players out there.

S

sheldon20264

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In my opinion, women should play poker even more, especially with men at the table. When I play poker and a woman sits there, it gives me motivation

B

Baxter2424

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i read what you post.. thats not normal.. womens is something special in poker.. :) <3

M

Mateo

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Can't believe people post things like that still to this day... It shouldn't matter in any way your gender/race etc. Quite sad to see

N

n00bas18

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Women outperform men

This guy is so disrepectful to women that it makes me angry.

Has he never heard of Liv Boeree? Never seen her TED talks on Maths and Science? You know how good she is in poker? If she would have streamed like Lex Veldhuis she would have gotten more viewers than any other poker player ever. Fatima Moreira de Melo, our Dutch ambassador who came from hockey started playing poker professionally and has won tournaments, gained even more money.

Women outperform men in universities, certainly here in The netherlands. Including Maths and Statistics. Women are going to take over the planet and the guy who wrote this article should publicly apologise to all the women he has disrespected. Outrageous article and very incorrect in each and every way. His own Math is ridiculous, there are plenty of women who are way better. They just don't care about money or are afraid to play with real cash. Women do outperform men in poker, they have more self control, are smarter and can recognize bluffs better than men.

D

DancingNancie

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This is a stupid premise. Poker tables are misogynistic in just about every poker room I have been in. That said, it should be for anyone who has a buy in and wants to play.

Pokerishard

Pokerishard

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Nooo......This is a type of racism..........Poker should be a unisex sport............If sam players have a problem watching to much the tits off laddys and lose concentration.it is just they problem...:)))))

blackclover

blackclover

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i don't agree, female poker player shouldn't be banned.