Are woman only poker games fair on men? Vote Here

Is having poker games for woman only fair on men?

• Total voters
billibooo

billibooo

thudlife
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
The thread does not say online only - but it spills over to online events as well. While you can't always tell if someone is male or female for sure - it is an easy guess a lot of times. While the abuse and lack of respect is much worse in live games - it still happens online.

And most women start playing online before they start playing live. Having women's only tournaments online is a great way to bring more women to the game in a more comfortable environment than they will face playing live.
And I do not disagree with what you said, especially considering how much more experience you have over me :) I probably will only be an online player unfortunately, so with live events I have no vote to cast.
I know that it also strikes a nerve with me because I have always been a badass, fierce woman and I do not like it when I am treated like I cannot kick ass on rudeness or that the behaviour you all are speaking of would go on around me. < that is just a personal viewpoint and really it is not to settle anything on this topic. Just explaining why this makes my eye twitch :p lol

Last edited:
from254

from254

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
KE
Chips
Personally i feel like women only games would mean that..women have accepted that men way better than them..its the only reason why they would seek to play only against themselves... Anyways poker is a skill game not physical.. Its fair play for everyone.

Roobz75

Roobz75

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
It doesn't really bother me, I play with both men and women alike in live games, but there is more of an element of aggression and wild/reckless play with men, which I personally don't like, but that's just me. I'd rather see some cards than just play against those who like to go all in all the time or over aggressive with betting.
Men or women, I like players who more often win the hand than constantly steal it....

Debi

Debi

Forum Admin
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Personally i feel like women only games would mean that..women have accepted that men way better than them..its the only reason why they would seek to play only against themselves... Anyways poker is a skill game not physical.. Its fair play for everyone.

No - that is not the only reason. It is probably a very rare reason.

Read the thread to find the real reasons.

Slow Horse

Slow Horse

Enthusiast
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
This is because would make no sense a men's only torunament as it seens, just like Shells said, the live tournaments are dominated by en, far more numerous then women. And I'm sure that's not because those women players don't want to play, but because the gender inequality still a big problem all over the world.

If you're a guy that can be 18 hours with your loudy child while your wife goes play poker, please tell me.

billibooo

billibooo

thudlife
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
If you're a guy that can be 18 hours with your loudy child while your wife goes play poker, please tell me.
<3 Not sure if there should be any poker while your child is not being tended to, all parents are equal here. I would think that is a sign someone needs to log off and do what is right.

Last edited:
Debi

Debi

Forum Admin
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
Chips
This is because would make no sense a men's only torunament as it seens, just like Shells said, the live tournaments are dominated by en, far more numerous then women. And I'm sure that's not because those women players don't want to play, but because the gender inequality still a big problem all over the world.

That works both ways.

Pabloro10321

Pabloro10321

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
I think it's good that they organize tournaments only for ladies, so they will be able to attract more women to the world of poker, I think the gameplay is the same but the odds are lower, because there are fewer players.

fernandofcp

fernandofcp

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I understand that the women-only games only serve to encourage the female audience to approach the world of poker with more motivation. I see this as a way to encourage the female audience. We know that the overwhelming majority are men. I think it's fair. I would like my wife to be interested in playing poker, but due to her complete ignorance of this mental sport, she says she doesn't like to play. I think is cool!

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
While the abuse and lack of respect is much worse in live games - it still happens online.
Maybe that is mostly a thing of the past though. Today almost nobody chat on online poker sites, and some sites like ACR have completely removed the chat function. So I find it pretty unlikely, that anyone - male or female - would be turned off from online poker because of toxic chat in 2023. Even during the past 5 years it has declined a lot. But of course there are still exceptions, and the lower stakes, you play, the more likely you are to run into someone, who dont understand, that the chat is not for insulting other players. And just to make it clear, when it comes to live tournaments, I totally think, it makes sense to have events for women only :)

hardongear

hardongear

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
CA
Chips
Maybe that is mostly a thing of the past though. Today almost nobody chat on online poker sites, and some sites like ACR have completely removed the chat function. So I find it pretty unlikely, that anyone - male or female - would be turned off from online poker because of toxic chat in 2023. Even during the past 5 years it has declined a lot. But of course there are still exceptions, and the lower stakes, you play, the more likely you are to run into someone, who dont understand, that the chat is not for insulting other players. And just to make it clear, when it comes to live tournaments, I totally think, it makes sense to have events for women only :)

Yeah I haven't seen hardly much chat in the last 5 years and most sites now you can just turn almost all chat off. You don't even have to have chat open now days and can even shut off the chat bubbles so you see exactly nothing for chat. Then you turn the sounds down/off and then turn on your playlist of music from youtube or where ever. Then it's just like playing computer AI/game with no sound just music. What sex the other players are doesn't even matter. So easy and pure bliss.

100% different from playing live.

Cheers!!!

Debi

Debi

Forum Admin
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
Chips

That might be true but the fact still remains that online women only events are a great way to bring more women into the game and help prepare them for playing live events.

Paya_31

Paya_31

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hello, for me it is fair, I think that the promotions of the different rooms are to attract more female players. Like when the first poker rooms did it to have players, I remember great promotions that today have disappeared due to the number of players there are today.

Gallarado777

Gallarado777

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
Yes, let women also play poker with us, it's convenient to meet a beautiful girl at the poker table and they will decorate poker will have something to see as they say: I CAN'T laugh: let both women and men play there are no power levels where men are higher in strength here intelligence decides everything so I want more women among us

manzanillo53

manzanillo53

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Poker should not be limited to any one group. Poker is a very level playing field, someone is trying to get more ladies playing, nothing wrong with that. We need a more diversified field of players. Men dominate, not because they are better only because of shire numbers.

GERSteven

GERSteven

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
i think there should be tournaments in online poker as well as in live poker only for women. in online poker alone, women have the opportunity to be enthusiastic about poker, to have a conversation or to be able to ask questions without receiving stupid comments from men or even worse. some men just can't behave. the only downside is unfortunately that these tournaments don't bring much profit yet, but i think that for women who just want to start playing poker it doesn't matter.

from254

from254

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
KE
Chips
No - that is not the only reason. It is probably a very rare reason.

Read the thread to find the real reasons.
well if women want to feel their game among each other..without the male interference, i dont see a reason for there not to be a poker game where the buyin is some money but you also have to be a woman to enter. But the opposite...men only games should never be heard of.

C

chrisS999

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
IM
Chips
I see the poll is now up to 3:1 in favour of woman only games.

19aleks57

19aleks57

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
I think there shouldn't be a division between men and women in poker, it's a game for everyone.

Argonaut

Argonaut

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I am sadly aware of home games where some men loudly complain, or even refuse to play, when woman have been invited to play. Never seen a poll/discussion thread on this pathetic behavior.

billibooo

billibooo

thudlife
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
The poll is not about being in favor of women only games but rather opinion on it being fair to men. Pls be clear on that.
There is a big difference between in favour of and if it is fair to men, you are very right. The two views can get intermingled and thank you for pointing this out.

jonaselloco

jonaselloco

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
Just to clarify, I'm fairly certain Debi is talking about the way women are treated or mistreated at live tourneys.
Hello Brother how are you??
It may be true what you say.
But actually live I have not seen too much mistreatment of the ladies who play.
From now on it may be that there are few, several or many.
But online you don't get an idea.
And if not ask Debi herself, or Irina, or Orifice, or many CC girls who play. Sure they must block a lot of chats.
Or even directly cut the chat for all players.
Because that's what I'm telling you, there are idiots who hide their perversities behind a laptop, and to make matters worse, poker is a game that gives a lot to vent all your stupid anger on others.
For the more than 20 years that I play online, the issue of women and the issue of race or country flags is terrible.
Even I have blocked a lot of disgusting player chats.
My regards, brother:):):):):):)

Top 10 Games