Are woman only poker games fair on men? Vote Here

Is having poker games for woman only fair on men?

• Total voters
C

chrisS999

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
IM
Chips
Is having a woman only poker game fair on men?

I am not aware of any poker games that woman are excluded from playing so I thought is was worth opening a poll to find out if the community feels it is fair/acceptable to run woman only poker games.

Would appreciate the community's opinion on this one.

YLAN

YLAN

Sida Nga Taraki
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Its not fair. This thread is long due. :love:
There is no distinct advantage of men over women in poker. There should also be men's only tourney for whatever reason there is a women's only tourney.

“Who says life is fair, where is that written?”
― William Goldman, The Princess Bride

Last edited:
Luvepoker

Luvepoker

Lost in the twilight zone
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Personally, I can't understand why anyone would think it is not fair. There is really no reason why they should not have a game for the lady only. Let's also be fair and realize something like 98% of the players is many events are male. Why not have a event where the lady's can play and be more comfortable playing especially if they never played live before. Just seems like a win / win idea to allow these games.

MK_

MK_

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
US
Chips
I want to talk about is putting the vote in an entirely different thread fair?, why just why?

Debi

Debi

Forum Admin
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Of course it is fair. It is a highly male dominated game in which women are treated very poorly at the tables by men. We will never get more women playing poker without games they can comfortably participate in until they get enough nerves to tell men to **** off.

kitchy65

kitchy65

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Of course it is fair. It is a highly male dominated game in which women are treated very poorly at the tables by men. We will never get more women playing poker without games they can comfortably participate in until they get enough nerves to tell men to **** off.

Get it off your chest, Debi

Doesn't bother me. What bothers me are those liberal progressives who insist on everyone conforming to their world view.

Women only poker tourney's are great and if I wanted to play in one, I'd just slap on a dress and call myself Kitcherina

kitchy65

kitchy65

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Personally, I can't understand why anyone would think it is not fair. There is really no reason why they should not have a game for the lady only. Let's also be fair and realize something like 98% of the players is many events are male. Why not have a event where the lady's can play and be more comfortable playing especially if they never played live before. Just seems like a win / win idea to allow these games.

I agree with you...now, if you don't mind I'm busy applying my mascara

Shells

Shells

Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I guess I don't understand why a separate game for women would bother anyone. Why, exactly, is having a Women Only poker game unfair to men? I just don't see it.

Maybe the OP (and others) is/are unaware of the challenges women have faced playing a male-dominated poker game. This is not new and as Debi has mentioned, 'women are treated very poorly at the tables by men' so tell us, would men likely play live poker if they were treated poorly? The fact that women are treated poorly is not limited to live poker either.

kitchy65

kitchy65

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
I guess I don't understand why a separate game for women would bother anyone. What exactly is having a Women Only poker game unfair to men? I just don't see it.

Maybe the OP (and others) is/are unaware of the challenges women have faced playing a male-dominated poker game. This is not new and as Debi has mentioned, 'women are treated very poorly at the tables by men' so tell us, would men likely play live poker if they were treated poorly? The fact that women are treated poorly is not limited to live poker either.

I have on odd occasions happened into women's toilets for a wee wee. Just had to get that out.

C

Cooking

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think the real goal to make these type of tournaments is to promote the game to women, because poker is a game dominated by men. I'm a woman and play poker for more than 16 years and most of my female friends don't even know how to play poker, so, these games are nice to make poker more popular. Also, I don't play much live poker (and when I do, usually is a game with my friends), so, I'm sure I would be more comfortable playing against another women than being the only woman at the table, at least in the first times.

SpanRmonka

SpanRmonka

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Here's what I don't get. The women only tourneys have smaller GTDs, and smaller fields. So what exactly could be unfair to men about that? Do you want to play a separate event with a smaller prizepool?

Or do you want to help promote the game to 50% of the population and increase the pool of players, so everyone can benefit?

In my opinion, the thread is. in itself, proof the women only events are needed.

Personally the only thing unfair about it is that the womens only events always seem much more friendly and fun from the outside looking in.

serj537

serj537

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
MD
Chips
I don't mind it. Let the girls have fun. But it's still nice when there is a woman at the table and it's doubly nice if she is pretty.

YLAN

YLAN

Sida Nga Taraki
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Howdyall. Obviously we love our women! I am not the least bothered if there be women's only tourney or even trans only tourney for that matter but that is not the question. Why are there no men's only tourney? Is it because its not fair or is it not necessary?

If the proposition is that women's only tourney is necessary then there are more than a couple of reasons that it is. Exclusion by principle is not fair but at times it is necessary.

whiskers77

whiskers77

The art of purring
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
I love to play games, and I am not shy or feel intimidated.
But women can feel intimidated, especially on live games, I think.

But I really think, it is worth having women-only games, that are more affordable for them and with smaller fields and more chances
just because of one reason. Usually, women get paid less for the same job than men do.
They have even other troubles like bringing their children up additional.
Therefore, I think it is reason enough, that women have additional well-paid MTTs. :)

Rost

Rost

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I think that such tournaments have the right to exist. That is, tournaments in which only women participate. I see absolutely no discrimination in this. Female players always have a choice, they can play in regular tournaments where the gender of the player does not matter, or they can compete in tournaments that are only for women.

Emily Trott

Emily Trott

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Well said. Ladies nights/days have been a very successful strategy in the shooting world for recruiting and encouraging new shooters. Everyone is a little uncomfortable when they try something new, with new people, and will find it more relaxing to be with people like themselves.

I've seen women only clinics and divisions at shoots increase business greatly when I worked at Peace Dale Shooting Preserve. The same would hold true for any activity that is primarily dominated by men, and poker is one of those activities.

KrazyKoo

KrazyKoo

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
FI
Chips
I think they are fair but are mostly just band-aids, at least online.

True solution is to have online providers provide real money unisex games with female and senior friendly timebank rules and blind structures. No need to increase pace in all the tournaments just to please the modern up and coming zoomer. 10% ante needs to make universal comeback, 8% ante needs to make universal comeback. Scheduling a real money online tournament with 60 second timebank isn't a crime.

Top 10 Games