Votes: 8 11.1%

• Total voters
Benkisto_BR

Benkisto_BR

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
At the beginning I also signed up for the freerolls. But in this time of the pandemic of the covid, it is being a good company.

pedrovitorcosta

pedrovitorcosta

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Firstly, I got here because of the Freerolls, but I have to say that over time I learned to find things here that helped me to improve my game.

nghoffman

nghoffman

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I joined CC, apparently way back in 2014, because I wanted to join the freerolls but was "too lazy" to fulfill the requirements to do so.. Actually, I posted once and just gave up... I've seen the freerolls listed on pokerstars for years and years, honestly hoping that someone would let the passwords for them "slip" once or twice, but they never seemed to... So, recently since I've had the time, I finally pushed myself to post several times daily (which ended up being enjoyable, not just "work") and was accepted to the FRC. And now, enjoy playing the freerolls (as well as playing with more "serious players") and I'm happy to be part of the CC community. Hopefully, you guys find my posts to be interesting and insightful. I'm certainly trying my best!

77ecos

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
by freerolls, it was like 5 years ago but it was one ago that I started to be constant and see the wonderfulness of the forum and quality of content so great, and I enjoy the experience of belonging to this great community:jd4::jd4::jd4::jd4:

V

vittopio

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I'm not afraid to say I found Cardschat because I was a looking for freerolls.
I was so afraid to post anything at first. I thought I had to be spot on and serious. While there are many places in the forum to do just that, there are just as many where you can go and have fun.
I thought they wouldn't have me if they thought I was just here for the freerolls so I tried to downplay it. How about you, what got you here first?
I won’t cheat initially I got here because of poker freerolls, but then I found a lot of interesting things here! In particular, nowhere in other forums can you easily communicate and ask questions to poker stars! There is also a lot of poker content and communication with poker players! I think that the SS will still surprise us in the future! Good luck to all!

costy1300

costy1300

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
First of all for poker discussions and strategies, you learn a lot here. Secondly for freerolls, which is why I thank the cardschat team for the great "gifts" they give us.:icon_flow

Pokerpoet2

Pokerpoet2

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
I must admit Free-rolls was my first intention and reason for joining but to be honest I have found so much more to Cardschat. The Forum is both informative and helpful even some of the funnier post's make this lock-down more bearable,
The 30 day course has given me new insight into my game-play and although I sometimes slip back into my old habits, I still enjoy playing Poker and not for the money!
For me Poker is a game I enjoy simply because I am naturally competitive, I set my sights on getting to the final table in an MTT game, If I am able to make it then job done and I am happy, although I must say these days I see less Final tables down to the amount of players involved 4000 in my last one, but getting half way is not so bad.:)

dunc1189

dunc1189

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Like most others it was for the freerolls after I noticed them in the pokerstars tournament lobby. However, since then, I've discovered all the other things on the forum such as the hand discussions, the 30 day course etc.

Rocky87345

Rocky87345

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I joined Cardschat for the freerolls of course. I'm glad I did. This site rocks!

RedGnom

RedGnom

Run, Forester! Run!
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Good captioned question was stated as well as interesting subject to ask yourself what is keeping you still here since then?
It seems to me, for the majority of poker beginners with determination of achieving them aims, freerolls have been considered as the only start (base) point in their poker journey. So, what does keep hold of newcomer ahead to stick on Cardschat afterwards? Take me for example, from the beginning I deemed freeroll as income source to build my bank roll. Before long, I realized I had swapped one addiction (freeroll) for another (league) and in the long run I have been playing freerolls to find amusement in something related to real life people (chatting, joking, worldwide news, weather etc) but not only for poker game itself, hands analysis, poker math; for these purposes you can find related forum threads on the matter. The background of all told is welcome Cardschat community, it is when you want to say "Hi!" at the table to your current and -ex teams mates, fellows or rivals, pure and simple!

Last edited:
M

MoneyMaker4i

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I joined cardschat through a friend who referred me, spoke about the interaction and the topics covered here, so I didn't think twice.

Poker_Player77

Poker_Player77

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I joined years ago after getting back into poker. Was just looking for anything related and stumbled upon Cards Chat. Didn't even know what it was. I'd never used a forum before and just found it confusing, so I didn't even return to the site for nearly 5 years.

I eventually joined a poker Facebook group and they were talking about it, so I decided to sign up, only to realize I already had an account 😂.

I'm still not on too often, but I'm slowly learning my way around.

Havik

Havik

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I'm not afraid to say I found Cardschat because I was a looking for freerolls.
I was so afraid to post anything at first. I thought I had to be spot on and serious. While there are many places in the forum to do just that, there are just as many where you can go and have fun.
I thought they wouldn't have me if they thought I was just here for the freerolls so I tried to downplay it. How about you, what got you here first?

same, I joined for the freerolls. I later found out that cardschat is a great community and great place to learn poker.

M

mclaughlinph

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
wanted to be around like minded people. Also how do you check the comments people have made about your comments I would like to respond to any comments or questions about my comments. Is there a tab or a something that we can click to view our postings and see what people have said since we posted?

tuku222

tuku222

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

I was very interested in talking and learning more about poker every day, and I saw that all the members of cardschat are people committed to the cause.
:cool:

ZPfBTNanAAAAAElFTkSuQmCC

[COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.54)]
[COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.54)][/COLOR]

[/COLOR]

JopyJoost

JopyJoost

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Why I joined Cardschat

I voted Freerolls for why I joined but I could not vote for multiple reasons. I did it for all of the reasons but I do not know why "cake" was one of the reasons. I do enjoy a piece of cake now and then but to join Cardschat...that's a stretch.

K

Kegyetlen92

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Meh

Hi. I'm just joined for the passwords.. i hope this community as same as me and we can help each other. :):bike:

L

LSTBrand

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I first join off the passwords but now it is more and I take part in the forum and check out other strategies and what other players do or play...
The password is not longer interesting..
For me it’s the forum and the members!

D

DAVID KEHRER

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I used to belong to three or four forums long ago was mod on a couple of them. When black friday came i just got pissed and quit them all. I wanted to get back playing and found cardschat and its a great forum. You get to meet some nice people in forums. Still are friends online with people from my old forums.

MAGICUZ

MAGICUZ

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Initially, I joined the forum for freerolls, freerolls I only play pokerstars, then the freeroll faded into the background.Now the forum is addiction for me:)

Joe

Joe

99.98% Kiln dried
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
wanted to be around like minded people. Also how do you check the comments people have made about your comments I would like to respond to any comments or questions about my comments. Is there a tab or a something that we can click to view our postings and see what people have said since we posted?

Hi mclaughlinph,

You can set quote notifications on, so when someone quotes one of your posts you'll receive an email informing you with a link to the thread.

Have a look here...

https://www.cardschat.com/forum/new...dschat-tutorial-faqs-406723/post-4765153.html - (How do I change my notifications settings?)

You can find that link and others here... :wink:

https://www.cardschat.com/forum/new-members-corner-76/how-use-cardschat-tutorial-faqs-406723/

It's my understanding that is pretty much it in regards to notifications at cardschat, for now*...

Other than that you kinda just have to keep an eye on the topics you're interested in, it's helpful using the 'subscribed threads' link under the USER CP drop-down menu.

Regards.

*Watch this space... :)

~EDiT:- Btw, surely the poll is still perfectly valid and 'usable'. One could simply remove cake from the equation and the results remain valid. One could ask the cakers to also post one of the other three options in addition to their cake vote. Or in my opinion the characterful option is to use the poll data as it is.. :biggrin:

Last edited:
besplatnee

besplatnee

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
When participating in access to games on the forum, the availability of freerolls was taken into account. On the recommendation of a friend, I registered, gradually began to understand navigation, everything became funny, from training to communication, and even it came in handy for me. Glad to join, respect! Here, of course, most of them stop at the registration stage, there is no activity from them, I think that this will not happen to me, I am determined to maintain relations with the card chat, respectfully.