Why do you play poker?

D

DaHawk

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I've known the game since I was 5. My grandparents use to have weekend games about every other weekend. I wasn't allowed to play even though I knew the games and how to play. I never felt good enough to sit at the table. They told me when I was 13 I could sit and play. My grandmother passed when I was 11 and the games stopped. So I always felt that I had something to prove. That I was good enough to sit at that table.

machinm19

machinm19

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I literally don't know anything else, its my 1st thought when I wake up my last before sleep.
The only movies I watch are poker/gambling ones and 90% of the books I read are about poker, even the songs I listen to are all about poker.
It was weird how it happened, I found a poker style lighter in my late Mum's coat pocket shortly after she passed away, I played that night in a zoom freeroll won about 5 cents, Its been around 3 years now and I've not gone one day without playing in some capacity feels like Mum is with me always when I play.

I play the 2 rag cards that make her date of birth like Aces and they nearly always win for me, I think nothing of calling an all in with this hand regardless of stack size, bubble, Icm its automatic, its my other Aces.

To sum up I think it filled a void, I could never imagine not playing, I've given up everything else for it, I must have been one of the only englishmen who didnt watch the football this summer. I just couldn't get my head round missing any poker to watch others excel when I can excel myself. I only watch sports if I fancy a little gamble now, this is insane to me I used to be able to tell you who played left back for hammarby in the swedish league I had so much pointless knowledge. I was also a big GTA player ranked over 300 played almost daily and that was 5 years ago and as much as I loved that game it got sold with the console to buy poker books etc.
Sorry for the essay, feeling emotional sharing this.

S

scubed

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I play poker because I enjoy the game. I love the strategy, I love challenging myself to get better!

J

Jrrazor

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i play poker cause i want to win some extra money from freerols, to put money in poker from ur own is bad opinion

Pokerpoet2

Pokerpoet2

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
I play poker because I enjoy the game. I love the strategy, I love challenging myself to get better!

I am in the same mind, I love to be part of anything, when I was younger I would chase a ball around a field for an Hour and a Half, with 21 other players trying to be the next Pele or George Best, but I loved Football because I could play, Nowadays I am not so fast on my feet so prefer to stick to less stressful games.
Poker is my perfect game, no physical stress, and I can play for hours, it gives me all the fun and excitement I can handle, and as long as I can play for free, will continue playing until they cart me off in my Coffin, In fact I have already told me Wife to put my Chip Set and Playing Cards in with me, Just in case I find a few players in the next life. :):):)

When the fun Stops, STOP!
(or maybe not)

fickleberry

fickleberry

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
hmm, am I the only one playing poker for the munnies? I mean, the game aspect is all fine and dandy, but in the end I just want to win $$$ :p

Xcoder

Xcoder

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I play poker for a source of entertainment and the rush/ thrill of the action. Not very many activities give me the same satisfaction that poker does, I will always be a player!

MishkaZL

MishkaZL

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I play as poker is my favorite hobby. I have been playing for four years, I have quite good results, but nevertheless I consider myself a beginner.

CullinanPoker

CullinanPoker

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It’s an enjoyable release for me. Playing on CC freerolls is definitely enjoyable and great competition

Dimission

Dimission

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Because I think it's a very nice game and I can also earn money with it, this has been motivating me for years.

M

mclay

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
I play as poker is my favorite hobby. I have been playing for four years, I have quite good results, but nevertheless I consider myself a beginner.
And I am the same, I know a lot of card games, but I think poker is the most interesting game.

C

CTPA3

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I also play for fun) probably because I don't have enough brains to play for earnings))))

GARCIA PABLO DANIEL

GARCIA PABLO DANIEL

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
hello

I play poker because I like it and to earn money !!!

Newzooozooo

Newzooozooo

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Hi.
I work as a driver, and I play poker in the evenings, after work. Poker allows me to relax and at the same time brings pleasure. And although poker is a hobby for me at the moment, I hope that thanks to poker I will achieve the goals I set for myself.
Good luck.

Roller

Roller

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Currently playing poker for enjoyment and profit, with an emphasis on enjoyment lately but that shifts from time to time. Without the profit it seems there is less enjoyment, so the two are definitely bond together as one.

Viper ChipIt

Viper ChipIt

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
For now it's for fun and learn without losing money ( freerolls and micro mtts ) eventually I'd love to do it as a side income but I'm far off that. I don't think I'd ever be able to play for a living. It would be unrealistic for me.

I

iLoV3P0ker

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It’s an enjoyable release for me and i need more income.

V

vladikov

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

Poker is like a game of chess, it helps you develop your thinking and read your opponents, you can also make money to use for rainy days.

ZPfBTNanAAAAAElFTkSuQmCC

L

lancabcd10

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I like emotion and strategic challenge

I like the excitement and strategic challenge, and the earning possibilities that poker provides:cool:

B

bakang

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm basically waiting for cheat on line to steal the rest of my money. I didn't know they were a rigged site when I started, but their ski mask and gun game is amazing, imo.
I play the 3.50 and 7.00 sit and gos. If u want to see a site go out of it's way to phuq a client, you should be on when i play. It's not even poker, imo. Fresh off the typical AK vs A7 r@pe, where they reward the guy playing from his aquarium. So when they rob me of the rest of my bankroll, I'll be done with the cartel, imo. GL!
I started because I had heard having a better hand meant you could win more the 49 percent of the time.