Why Do You Play Poker?

J

JAAMEZz

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i play for the challenge and the fun aspects of poker, also for the DREAM of binking somehting big!

Bugi

Bugi

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My goal is money. It's a long haul and the playing is a challenge which I like. It is a pure merit based activity so you have to work at it to be good.

I personally don't need a lot of money. If I can I would like to fund a rescue dog operation I'm affiliated with to rise to another level.

B

Backlash

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I do like the thrill and the fun but the money part seems to allude me....LOL

I still like playing just to pass the time sometimes. I used to play live but that has even kind of fell by the wayside these days.

Uzbek707

Uzbek707

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
everyone thinks about easy money without working, and I want to learn and make a professional career in poker.

C

chuckycheese

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
1- it makes my days go faster 2- its exciting 3-I just love to gamble 4- and sometimes I win. this says it all for me anyway.

Datdude1

Datdude1

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I play poker because it's a game that encompasses a lot of different aspects to be good. Poker challenges the mind and sharpens skills that you will be able to use on and away from the table
Shuffle up and deal!

D

dukgen

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It’s a fun, challenging, and rewarding game. Do need to remember to keep body and mind fit with exercise and eating healthy to keep grinding long hours.

L

Laynester

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
For the love of something to do....

I think online poker is a way to save the World!

Thank you for listening....

bluff :icon_sant

telespf

telespf

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Fun

It’s fun
And it’s a good for time free

In this game you need think about players, position and risck, it’s a good for your mind.

And play any game is cool.

So, I think that several players play poker for your fun, no think about to be rewards

J

jesusali1

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Why do you play? Is it the money? The thrill? The fun?

For me it’s probably a combination of all three! I really am passionate about this game.
Poker is a way of life, because it gives me an inexplicable thrill, every hand played safely gives me a happiness of which I could not have any bad ideas about this game.

J

Jrobbz10

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I love poker - a game for the smart and talented. There are hundreds of millions of them in our world. Others equate this game with gambling, but I have not seen a book anywhere on how to win at craps or slot machines. Luck, of course, is one of the components of poker, but it fades into the background in a game where you need to constantly make decisions. In other games of chance, it is the die, the ball, or the electronic brain that decides whether you win or lose.
Poker, like any business, needs to be learned. Those who do not want to understand this make up an army of gambling addicts who squander the latter on the net and feed the professionals.
If you've even mastered the basics of hold'em, I can't promise that tomorrow you will play at a professional level, but in this case there will always be a dozen losers who are ready to pocket 1-2 dollars in your pocket.
Again, if you haven't read a single book, or watched a single poker video course, you have nothing to do in the poker rooms, because your money will remain with those who take the trouble to do it.

Amen! Well said.
It is such a tough game. I read somewhere that recently a judge in NY dismissed a gambling charge because they said that poker is a game of skill, not a game of chance. I spend hours upon hours in training sites and books and unfortunately I still am not the profitable poker player that I have set out to be. It is a very tough game and unless you play the exact same players who you can beat every night you cannot expect to win; and even if you do play those exact players who is to say that one of them will not flop a full house 10 times in one night. I played with a guy nightly in my private club whom I could smoke heads up on any given night who took home 1k on a $50 buy in. Studying will help keep you from being exploited at the table but it doesn't remove the variance in the game. Playing poker like a slot machine will absolutely not make you profitable but studying the game and having the bankroll to withstand the inevitable downswings will certainly put you in a position to at least break even.

C

criss007

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
It is fascinating for you to analyze reasoning and the best thing is to have fun making money doing what you like:)

Andrii Lubentsov

Andrii Lubentsov

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Poker is not a way of life for me,but it give me some fun and some money.

S

Suuky10

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I play for the bad beats lol. Love cheering to get beat on the river when i am 90% + favourite to win the hand. Makes me smile when it hits haha

mina271

mina271

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
because i like poker despite the bad beats that keep seeing it

Pokerpoet2

Pokerpoet2

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
I think I may have answered this before, but to be honest I love to play Poker. Not for the money, but the pure enjoyment of the game, Some people like football, rugby, cricket or any other type of sport, But for me to enjoy anything, I have to be part of it, I have to be involved and when I was younger, I loved to play sports and watch them on T.V.
Now I am retired I cannot chase a ball around a field so those sports hold no interest for me, whereas with Poker, I can play and get involved with the game and I get a lot of enjoyment from playing.
Winning or losing does not matter, it is being part of something that I enjoy, and winning is the best part, a bonus if I win Money.

When the fun Stops, STOP!

srurrr

srurrr

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It's because to make money.If poker isn't gambling, I will play the smash bro. Poker doesn't take much effort to make money and it is good cost performance.

J

johnmaltz19

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I play poker because I love the competition against other players. The ability to get into their minds and how they can handle such pressure. Also it is fun!

Geksan_87

Geksan_87

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Poker is a hobby for me like football because it brings pleasure. I also like competitions and of course earning money.

D

dorynel7

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
because i like poker and of course for the money.

Uzbek707

Uzbek707

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
because I am a gambler and I love poker since 2008

Bojackondrugs

Bojackondrugs

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Why do you play? Is it the money? The thrill? The fun?

For me it’s probably a combination of all three! I really am passionate about this game.

I play to pass time and to have some extra income with some luck. Also, love the strategy of the game