Why Do You Play Poker?

E

Elfina777

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I play poker because I like this game, here I can make some money, I think this is one of the best table games, here there is one step from luck to loss, this is a river card.

Chebchoub

Chebchoub

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
MA
Chips
Why do you play? Is it the money? The thrill? The fun?

For me it’s probably a combination of all three! I really am passionate about this game.

I am a poker fan. But I prefer to play for competition and to enjoy beating an opponent. I won't win the tournament if I focus my thinking on the money

terryk

terryk

TheCanuckwithalltheluck
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I love to gamble,,,;) $$$ it's fun! $$$

L

LikeaKai

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Cause i seeked for something new and i started to love it

S

Spheremaster

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
because its fun and I can with some money - from time to time :D
happy holidays! :)

Pokerishard

Pokerishard

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Poker it is like a sport for me. If you play serious and you train and learn in time you can also win some money. Poker is not "help me God".

P

poker hp635

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
it's just a great game with fast running time and unforgettable adrenaline

franken222

franken222

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Why do you play? Is it the money? The thrill? The fun?

For me it’s probably a combination of all three! I really am passionate about this game.

My answer is "yes" to all reasons you state.

I've been playing for a very long time, and I've actually got a profit for my efforts, but not enough to brag about, and not enough to say I can make a living at it. I've actually kept track of my +'s and -'s from Day 1 of my online playing, so I can truthfully make that claim.

Aside from that, I play, because I really enjoy it, I'm good at it, and I'm still in quest for that really big win.

My ultimate goal, is to win pokerstars "Sunday Storm" even though I haven't played it much, lately.

I've had a few "good" wins in my online days, but that is the one that I've been after the longest.

If you have some quests....I wish you the best.

A

AllOut

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don't play for fun as most of people here commented. Money ( it's 5c or 5grand no matter) or let's say winning is the only thing I have in my mind while playing. This aside, surely I play with friends for fun too. But even on those games we set some bounties or something to give it reason/seriousness. There's better stuff to do or games to play for relaxing, poker isn't one of them I guess. Sure if you have money which you don't mind losing then you probably might do it with family or friends.

efranto2286

efranto2286

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
Hello, years ago I started playing poker for fun in home or family games ... then over the years I fell in love with the game, I studied it and played for money since I used to have some good results ...:D

Djon25

Djon25

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I love to play cards, not only poker. You can also win money

S

slais_pro

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I like this game, it is full of different emotions, and until the last card it is not clear who will win

T

TaigaMaster

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm trying to make money ... well, and become a champion :)

Lenka65

Lenka65

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Poker

I play poker because its specifics are very closely intertwined with real life. He makes any person more mature and wiser. But, of course, there are costs of a worn out nervous system.

I

icunicu83

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I played for a few years part-time as a prop player for a site about 15 years ago. (I had a full-time job, but made a nice part-time additional income)

My son started getting into yugioh and I was playing with him recently and started looking at the competitive scene. I was looking at how much he could make if he wanted to go around to tournaments and it was crap. Then, one night I was trying to research 100s of card combinations before making a major card purchase and I thought, "Why the hell am I buying these cards when so much more money can be made in poker and the cards are free?"

Since then my son has been obsessed with pokerstars vr, and so I started getting back into the game to help him out and playing recreationally online. (I previously thought all US players were cut off except a few states)

I designed a minecraft themed short deck and so the family plays together once a week and my wife has started playing again too as she dabbled when I was playing a lot before.

I also design games for kids on roblox and I am working on a type of "Battle Poker", where the cards are represented by monsters and they grow stronger in correlation with their hand strength and battle each other at the showdown.

P

pcurley17

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
to socialize with my friends
win of course
and to experience them real highs

reska11

reska11

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
So many reasons to just love this game. I've always had a competitive spirit, I think poker is an adrenaline stimulant, it keeps your brain always sharp, you have to remember, think, make decisions and of course there is always the possibility of winning a larger sum of money, simply for me poker is always pure fun.

Nathan Williams

Nathan Williams

Poker Pro
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The money and the mental challenge of the game. Also, quitting my job was a big motivator in the beginning, I won't lie! :D

cdntyler87

cdntyler87

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I play poker for fun. It’s kind of a release for me I work long hours so it’s hard to find time to play

R

RDHartsoe

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have a disability so I can't play sports. Poker is my competitive pursuit. I try to win every time but making the money sometimes feels like a win to me.

AmyricoLiliana

AmyricoLiliana

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Recreation rather than a source of money
In part, there's a sense of excitement alongside it.
Luck is actually
I've only ever played machine poker before.

fernandofcp

fernandofcp

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I play poker for fun and with the hope that one day I will make a lot of money from this mental sport.