Why Do You Play Poker?

T

TpaEnforcement

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I play poker, for the love of the game. Also try to make money from it. I look at it like a second job. As long as you win, but if you are always losing it may break the bank. Like I have said before , the more you play the more you get better. You will always learn by your mistakes. You can improve your bank roll as you play more. And through time of playing poker. You become more disciplined, in your bank rolls. Sometimes you need to take a break from it so do so and it helps a lot.

SillentHunterZ

SillentHunterZ

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Playing cos i love the game, also for the money.

Roller

Roller

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Why do you play? Is it the money? The thrill? The fun?

For me it’s probably a combination of all three! I really am passionate about this game.

The more thought put into this question the more it appears to be dependent on the stage of play your at. All three would be the ultimate answer!

T

tachico

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I like to use my mind. I think poker is a big challenge for it. But also I like that there is the possibility that I can get a lot of money.

fruittree

fruittree

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Mostly for fun. Also to advance my talent at the game!

D

ddsnoops

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It's like chess but way more fun. You have to out think your opponents.

K

kngofpkr

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I really got nothing to do but play poker and read books

lukovnikofff

lukovnikofff

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Poker is an interesting game

I liked poker because there is a constant competition! Poker is very interesting because it is an intellectual game with elements of luck! And of course, I think each of us would like to win a lot of money! Each of us, I think, saw the winnings of large sums of money, and therefore became interested in poker!

B

blata8ruga

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It really is just for that feeling you get, DOPAMINE, it is just a rush. it feels great when you are waiting for a certain card in order to win a big hand and you hit. BAMM!!! It is a pretty damn good feeling.

cdntyler87

cdntyler87

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I play for the challenge and to pass the time mostly

Syltan

Syltan

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
For me, the reason for playing poker is definitely money.

abgvedr

abgvedr

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Im asking myself this question every time i get to the table.

Y

Yuliazak1985

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
For me, playing poker is first and foremost just an interesting game and a hope for a big win. With Сardschat, I think it will ever happen.

K

kobra80

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I like playing poker because you can win a lot of money and have a good time

ZPfBTNanAAAAAElFTkSuQmCC

AjR3ckless

AjR3ckless

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Why do you play? Is it the money? The thrill? The fun?

For me it’s probably a combination of all three! I really am passionate about this game.

Also it's the combination of all 3 for me, even tho I just really set out on this poker journey I've seen and played a lot of very unforgiving hands ive lead down many rivers and lost, had pair of 2's beating me making trips against AA and KK pot hands, seen persons shove with 'fish' hands (2,3) and won and have laughs about it. Everyday playing is exciting winning exciting sometimes even a loss is exciting knowing that you just had it!!! It's a emotional game at times but thats dependent on passion and that's what drives the urge to come have more of this mix of everything "poker".

Spielkind

Spielkind

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
i will win the WSOPE and wsop Main Event in one Year! AYE

B

bigthereal

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
kinda interesting to outsmart people and win some small change

inox73

inox73

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
much time and against boringness and because i am a enthusiast that i win anytime anything :D

Pokerpoet2

Pokerpoet2

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Poker gives so much to many people, Some dream of being rich and playing in the World Series,Some actually attain their dreams, But for me riches and fame are further from my mind.
Yes I used to dream of picking up trophy after trophy, but riches was always far from my mind, and as I get older and I suppose a little wiser dreams tend to fade away and you are left with reality.
My reality is that I already have a loving Family so could not be any richer, so I play for the Social Interaction, and the stimulating Conversation at live events, and the pure joy of the game.
Poker does not have to be about MONEY! Sure it's nice to win money, even nicer when it is free money from Free-rolls, but it is more than that, I play for the WIN! The thrill in being the best in any game is far more important than Money.
I played many games when I was a kid, football, cricket, tennis, rugby and even board games like Cluedo (clue is the USA) Monopoly, Totopoly, Chess, Risk, and many many more games, But it was never for Money, only the WIN!
All I here from people on Cardschat is "can I make a living from Poker?" or "Can I give up my Day job for Poker?" or "Can I have a 2nd income from Poker?" MONEY, MONEY, MONEY, Sure you can if you WORK HARD at it, anything is possible, but remember two words I have said already WORK HARD!
Poker stops being fun and becomes your vocation, your job, your only means of support, and when that happens it becomes boring, dull, and repetitive, just like any job.
Live your life, Live for your dreams, but do not lose reality, and that is many people are just not good enough to make the top and a fortune from Poker, Even the top Professionals have another Income from Investments, property and many other business ventures, and they will tell you it was never easy.
Keep Poker Fun and Remember---

When the fun Stops, STOP!

K

kanycta99

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
When I play poker, I enjoy playing and winning. It's doubly satisfying if winning brings a little money

Austria7

Austria7

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I started playing online poker when I was trading intraday on the stock market. Since you often have to wait for clear trading signals to be generated when trading on the stock exchange, I started playing online poker when I was bored. In addition to risk / money management, profitable set-ups, there are also the similarities ... in poker you often wait for good starting hands (at least if you are TAG). :)

danilofabri

danilofabri

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
This question makes me think a lot, actually I'm not playing so mucho, but I want come back to the tables, but why?

The first reason is the money, of course, everyone want win, everyone in CC want to be a better player to win.

The Second reason is to exercite my mind and make some friends playing poker, or discussing in forums

N

Nairne

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I love it all: the rush, the strategy. It's a bit of everything at different times, and that's what I like most about it.