Why Do You Play Poker?

CylleP

CylleP

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Why do you play? Is it the money? The thrill? The fun?

For me it’s probably a combination of all three! I really am passionate about this game.

Everything is very simple . This is free time, addiction and the desire to become not much richer

kisjanik24

kisjanik24

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
hello

i play because i am waiting for me to be lucky enough to get rich in poker and i'm sure it will work out :)

ToNy70929

ToNy70929

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
UZ
Chips
Playing poker is fun, especially when you are with friends. Playing online has one goal to win cash prizes. I lose more often than I win, so I get little pleasure:D

lauestla

lauestla

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Because I like cards games in general and of course I love poker.
I like to play live with friends but it is not really possible during this period.
online poker is for me something special, because of the adrenalin shoot it provides.
I don't play for the money (only freerolls and micro stakes MTTs and SNGs) but for the feeling.
And also it is a challenge for me to manage to improve my skills by working and reading about poker strategy.
It trains my brain to calculate outs, to stay focused and concentrated.
Not a bad thing when you are not so young anymore ;)

S

suehtam05

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I mainly play poker for entertainment, but i am enjoying a lot the game and i am seriously considering doing that for a living if i can be profitable

AjR3ckless

AjR3ckless

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I play for fun great way to use my free time also thinking to start playing professional so I learning from various sites how to play and get the best value from hands I play...but for now it's just for fun and learning for the futuristic opportunities :D

WaumpataMaikaefer

WaumpataMaikaefer

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
First of all I play poker because i have fun. :)))

Pokerpoet2

Pokerpoet2

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Why do people play Chess or Monopoly or any other game for that matter? Because it is fun, relaxing interaction between two or more people, Some players think they are going to be great players and win Millions in cash, some do! and I say good luck to them, but you have to remember for every successful millionaire there are millions of others who don't make it rich.
Why do poker site's offer some great Free-rolls? They certainly are not in the business of giving away huge amounts of money for Free! and the answer is quite simple, they want players to win, Because if you can win a free-roll, surely you can win a big game with a $1,000 buy in? at least that's what they want you to think.
It is never that easy to play at higher levels because you will come up against the Professional players, who will take your cash and the poker sites get their Free-roll prize money back in Spades! through Rakes and buy-in fees.
For every player like me there are hundreds more that think they are going to make the big time, and for me personally I am happy playing their free-rolls and Micro-stake games for fun. I have spent my whole life chasing money, trying to get a foot up on the ladder and being rich, and in a way I am. I own my own house, and have no Mortgage or Debt, I have a wonderful wife with Children and Grand Children and now Great Grand Children so for me I am the richest man alive!
Money cannot buy you Happiness, You have to earn it!

When the fun Stops, STOP!

A

angelamsmith05

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It is totally for fun. I like to see how I have improved over the years. For sure not about the money.

J

Joe1

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Because i love the Game and the many faces of the Game

W

wizz99

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I love the challenge and the chance to win a cash prize is a bonus.

S

steve01991

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
i dont play to make money thats for sure, lol. But the thrill of the game.

luckyhenri

luckyhenri

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I play poker because I like freerolling there, sometimes I do well and win and winning in poker gives me confidence in life in other things, feels good to win in poker because there is a certain luck factor you have to beat.

Maxmustdie

Maxmustdie

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
the desire to make money without leaving home in the first place

A

Anders1616

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
To make a little money and to pass time in a good manner.

elefece

elefece

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Why do you play? Is it the money? The thrill? The fun?

For me it’s probably a combination of all three! I really am passionate about this game.
I don't know, but I can't stop :D:D:p:p

R

rapione98

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I play poker because it is so much fun and profitable.

A

alge0815

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It‘s the fun. You can spent some free time in the evening playing poker. Sometimes the luck is with you. Sometimes not. So it keeps it’s interesting site.

A

Aivaronis

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
LT
Chips
It's a part of my life, I live with poker, drink with poker, sleep with poker

G

Gallego1523

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
At the moment I play for fun! I play to distender you in my free time

L

Laynester

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Darn good question!!! --- I don't know?

That is a good question.....

I honestly don't understand why I play poker. I just cannot explain it. It's like. Why do you drink water? I Don't know.

: )

Thank you for listening!! :deal:

GRIN281289

GRIN281289

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
For me, this is also a set of these three points. Only the fun has become much less over time.

K

Kingsti95

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Because I love the game and the thrill.