Why do you play Poker?

T

Tomek416

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The main reason is that I am older and I work very little now, so I have plenty of time on my hands. I do have other hobbies but I don't want to study languages and play brain games all the time, so I play a little poker.

VITOS

VITOS

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I play poker for pleasure, earnings and here are a few more reasons: Poker develops logical thinking.
A poker player will always base his decisions on logic in the first place. To succeed in this game, you will need to constantly develop this skill, and even if you make a conscious effort, it will inevitably happen over time. Of course, if you don't just mindlessly play “put together a combination”, but really try to think, analyze and learn.
Development of discipline. No strategy will be successful in poker if you do not have the proper level of discipline. Therefore, poker can be called a good training in terms of discipline development.

C

Carlloss

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I love poker. I play because I have so much fun, and I feel very gratified when I win something. Although in the last few days, weeks were just disappointments /:

Andrii Lubentsov

Andrii Lubentsov

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
A little relax, a little fun, a little money making.

O

oroochimaru

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Mainly because i love the complexity and competetive aspect of the game. You have full freedom to choose the style that suits your personalty. The icing on the cake is the potential to earn good chunk of money after you put a lot of work and energy into improving the game. :)

Last edited:
T

theStarfish

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
Poker is just a great game. It has a bit of everything. And it is a game of skill. You can learn new things and improve. It is exciting and unpredictable.

AndryxaDovolen

AndryxaDovolen

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Practice .. once again - practice ..

at the moment I play poker in order to learn how to play well and win tournaments. You can say that I play for practice. Of course, I like the process of the game itself and I like to win!) And yet initially I learn to play poker.

A

alien666dj

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I play poker because it is an educational, informative and fun game. Here, success depends only on you.

D

denis_og79

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I like to play because it's fascinating, it's another level of sport.

B

beatlebug

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I play poker because I have played ever since I was a young girl. It is fun for me to play whether I win or not. I do enjoy the game and hope you all do as well. Good luck to those who do play.

Beatlebug

Rahatis

Rahatis

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Clearly a hobby. It helps to have a table open while doing other more boring stuff at the same time too.

eniseysmail

eniseysmail

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I play in order to mostly fill my free time. And of course there is a hope that someday I will win the tournament with a good prize.

MrPokerVerse

MrPokerVerse

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Have enjoyed card games since my youth. Poker was one of the games my dad taught us. When it became popular from TV, my son enjoyed watching and wanting to play.

So from that, it was a generational thing with poker. Playing cards was one motivation as I played many games. Winning money was what drove me to be better and spend time away from the table learning. All in all, been a love hate relationship with poker.

ChubbySin

ChubbySin

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Well, I could lie telling is only for the money, I don´t know why i love this game, the fact of being talking about it, the fact of be always learning something about it, about my game, sharing my knowledge and learning about it in a community.

That´s, just like swimming, is my sport, I have something to do in my live, and something about to talk that does not involves the other people lives.

When I´m living Poker, I´m living myself, when I talk about Poker I´m talking about myself.

PockerGod

PockerGod

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
US
Chips
I play because I cannot compete in sports anymore. It is kind of a replacement tbh.

10gerka

10gerka

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I like to play poker, it is my favorite sport, and then it is clear that we are also to earn money, but we must know that first you have to like it a lot because sooner or later if you do not get the results you will end up leaving, but a passionate about what he does will never leave, will go through problems but will always be there, that happens to me the same in poker, I am passionate about this game.

NDRWTRLGC

NDRWTRLGC

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
because I like to.

because it is a fun game.

fun means a lot of things. fun can also be equated but not limited to a feeling of fullfillment, of satisfaction on many levels simultaneously.

fun is competition. it is pleasure. it is pain.

it is many things. one thing it is not however is boredom.

the moment I start to feel bored at the table I know I need to do something else.

poker is also about process. same as life.. it is not the outcome that matters but the way in which we get there (or not) .. which is why any time I realize im not in the process and attached to results only I've lost the way. it is not one of many ways, its the way because any deviation is illusory in the sense that we're put energy into things which we have no control over. so yea. poker is fun

Y

yago541

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I play poker because I'm passionate about this sport every nuansis every emotion that can happen that's exciting.

Igor G

Igor G

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I play poker because it's probably the best way I can spend my free time. Poker is a great pastime that also brings me money.

D

danydidi

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
i just love this game , its a hobby,passion ,challenge