What's your reaction when you lose online ?

cwdignus

cwdignus

Carpe diem
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
the best is to go for one with a new strategy

HUmanMustard

HUmanMustard

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think silently how terrible of a person I am for calling with AA preflop, knowing Im gonna lose to rags.

S

Samsamsonite

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
reaction

Im usually keep calm, but when i lose 3 times in a row with premium hands, i blame everything and everybody. However, not in the chat

everything like you except last part. oh, I let the genius know how smart is to pay 3/4 pot 3 times w bottom pair and river a set.

V

Vesloval

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I just shake my head and tell myself how much i suck :(

V

vassiriki

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i'm very angry for 5 mins if im being outlucked. if i play bad, i just say nahhhh and move on

partyboy392

partyboy392

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Most of the time I feel really horrible. I feel like I can brake the screen and throw a mouse in a window. ha ha

W

Whiterosemov

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
one day I just had the luck to play a game to win $1800 on the pokerstars Spin&Go (the buy-in was 30 dollars)

When I was heads-up with this dude, he had like 4/10 of the chips available and I had 6/10 and I was pretty much thinking that it would be easy to win, since he was not a very good player.

Anyway, I had AK, he started betting, I went all-in and he called, with Q8.

I was just really happy that he was that stupid to go all-in with that, but then a queen appeared on the turn.... I just collapsed, I tilted mentally all the way. I still won like 200 dollars for playing this game, so it was very positive, but I just could not handle this kind of stuff. I started to play like a maniac thinking that it was my right to win 1800 dollars that day, entering a lot of Spin&Go games of $ 100 for example. Anyway, I lost a lot of money for tilting like that and it at least was good for me because since then I started to have more control over my tendencies to get addicted (I was addicted to opiates for a very long time and poker helped me when I was quiting, but it was just a change on the object of addiction).

I really can't imagine what's like to lose like half a million on some of those high stakes games.. I had the chance to win 2k, lost and already freaked out LOL

thechamp5

thechamp5

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yeah absolute frustration. It's easy for my mind to run in a bunch of directions and for me to develop all these random theories about how things are rigged because there is another element. Technology.

The sheer fact of the matter is that I see way more hands online and that is probably a big factor in why I see more rare stuff (though I have seen some rare stuff live through the years that has made me better at coping with online loss). I have gotten much better at standing up after bad beats instead of trying to recover things from them and going on bad runs.

Aleksandr Slepkin

Aleksandr Slepkin

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Very annoying. Especially when good cards

Edu4594

Edu4594

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I only think in the thing, "Do not tilt, do not tilt, you can control it."

W

Whiterosemov

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think that when you get some experience you stop kicking things and breaking stuff (or screaming with anyone who get close to you after you lose) in order to become a complete fatalistic cynical person

LOL

blef mashine

blef mashine

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
When I have a good hand and bet everything and someone follows me with some bad cards type 7Q , K8 ... that makes no sense , and win , then I am very angry , and this happens in the game with a small entrance where a lot of players log .

partyboy392

partyboy392

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you're reacting like any of the above, it doesn't surprise me that you all suck at poker. It doesn't really matter where actually... mistakes are there to learn from. If you deny them and act like its everybody elses' fault instead of realizing where you made a mistake, you'll NEVER get better.

S

snake666

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
this awful feeling... always there is a wish that that to break

G

grotepeer

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
grrrrrrr

i always jump around the desk killing every thing i met and than i count to 27 and go for a beer:mad: :mad: :mad:

G

grotepeer

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
also go to sleep,and dream of winning,verry nice

C

coachlary69

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My reaction is usually mixed, depending on my outcome. Yesterday I got eliminated once when the bigger stack hit runner runner, and then I got eliminated twice when my opponent hit 3 of a kind. I was leading in all 3 eliminations. Initially I blame the site/player, and then I talk to myself and calm down. This is just poker. I've done it to others and now it happened to me.

VGShaa

VGShaa

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Before, when I'm loosing I became very angry and blamed website and my opponents. Now I've become more experienced and patience, and blamed only myself, sometimes there are losses which I can not affect, but its happens, they help me to learn. I'm analyze my mistakes and try to avoid them in the future.

PLAYINBIG

PLAYINBIG

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
A loss is never good but it comes along with the game.Just like the wins are good.Move on and just keep playing to win.

MikeCarasone

MikeCarasone

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don't mind losing hands that I get it in behind but it's super frustrating being a 90% favorite after the flop and I lose to runner runner miracles. The only time I get very mad is when I lose on the bubble with a monster vs a hand that should've folded. It's all variance but it still stings.

Aleksandr Slepkin

Aleksandr Slepkin

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
sashko_17252144_orig_.jpeg

S

shopwert

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't upset any more. I will take a break. I've been on a bad swing for a while now. If I get it 'all in' good on the flop and see I'm a 2:1 favorite, I just assume I'm beat and wait to see my opponent's miracle card hit on the river. I don't even feel comfortable with a 4:1 advantage because I've lost too many of those over the last couple of years. I guess the hardest thing for most players to understand is the past has no influence on the future. Poker is not rigged and the odds of winning apply to each hand. You can do everything right and still have a losing session or bad swing. I just keep at it. Play smart and hope for the best.

BBr3

BBr3

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If i lose to a one card hit, I'm calm and collected. When I lose to a double hit , especially when its the Turn+River and my opponent went in with nothing...those ones get me.