What's your attitude towards slow acting players?

Garfield52

Garfield52

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
sometimes players are slow for a variety of reasons:

1) they may be trying to hang on to reach the bubble because they are so close to the money
2) they might be gone for a snack or a bathroom break
3) they might be trying to piss you off

N

neagranufan19380

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I agree with you that it is Angling shooting. There are lots of players doing this. To me their not that good of players because in the long run you see less hands. To me I want to see as many hands as possible in a tournament.

Nailed it.:highfive:

mina271

mina271

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
I don't care, everyone who plays poker has the desire to win or at least to get the paid places and everyone has his own method that he thinks makes sense to achieve this goal. So far it has only happened once where it bothered me, but the player couldn't help it because he had lost the connection. every time he was on it, he got more and more time so that we all had to wait almost more then 2 minutes when it was his turn. luckily that doesn't happen anymore because the rest of the time is always counted down and the person who loses the connection is now almost immediately put on sit out. But that was a few years ago and now I don't care how someone plays slow or fast

RENEY444

RENEY444

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
i hate slow players live

but online you can use your allotted time however you want

B

bnasp2

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I hate them, I totally hate those slow players.

Anyway, if I need to save some chips to slip into ITM, I will do it every time (of course hating myself).

ACESOVEREZZZ

ACESOVEREZZZ

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Slow Players

I find slow players a lot it seems. lots of times I know it is because they are playing at more then 1 money table as I am. Other times I think it is because their head is just not in the game LOL I tend to make notes on slow players that every hand take the max. time to play. If it starts to bother me I will just find another table to paly at as nothing you can do about it. I see other players at times do the ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ and shout at slow players which just seems to make it worst LOL

GL all -- after all poker is a simple game game as you have 3 choices call, rasie or fold LOL :D

rdwr33

rdwr33

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I get mad when I'm at the starting tables. when I'm at the final table, I really need to think and analyze the plays well.

B

budweiser74777

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
it is very annoying - especially if they slow down for no reason

P

PPT

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
To me the time clocks that are there, are there for a reason. If someone wants to use their entire allowance of time then that's their prerogative.

I hate it early on in freeroll tournaments when the blinds are going up every minute so all the time wasted is dropping your stack BB-wise . . . but in real play it is reasonable.

I won't do it normally myself, unless I'm short-stacked near the bubble in which case I will use every trick in the book to waste as much time as possible and hope someone else from another table gets blinded out first instead.

I fully expect that player on the other table will if they're smart be doing the same thing too!

B

blata8ruga

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It drives me crazy. On a tough decision I understand it but when someone does it on every hand it is a joke!

Berandir

Berandir

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
In poker, sometimes we need to analyze the actions and that takes time. I believe that getting used to this situation is critical not to impact your game. We have to consider the factor of online poker, which takes into account other variants such as deconnection, etc.

Claudiunm

Claudiunm

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I just ignore it. This attitude is usually a strategy to try to destabilize the opponents' game. The less importance I give him the better.

makisaa

makisaa

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
It is annoying, but maybe there is a reason, for example playing many games together, or he is at a critical point of another game. Some other times maybe the player is really slow, so this shows his weakness in taking decisions at the right time!

D

Damian12

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This annoys me because it is a disrespect for the opponent

Shrops

Shrops

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Don't

I don't like slow players at all.

Zorba

Zorba

Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AQ
Chips
This annoys me because it is a disrespect for the opponent

No it's not, every player can do whatever they like with their timebank. How is that disrespecting their opponent???

:)
If they are playing on too many tables that is the reason of slow play but some times there are players that this is there strategy to play very slow for making anggry there opponets!
Even if I'm only on 1 table, I will still use up as much time as I want, It's still MY timebank, and I can do anything that I want with it, just like every other player can do.

:top:

A

Asadthelion

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
A personal attack

Hello,
In poker tables, some players act slowly every single time, personally I feel annoyed by them, what's your feeling?

I feel the same. It feels like an attack on my focus and strategy.

SAKhur

SAKhur

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It annoyed me at first. Over time, I got used to it and stopped worrying about it. I think that the player does not do such an action on purpose. Perhaps he was distracted or he is making an important decision at another gaming table, you could be in his place. Patience and good luck to everyone!

Rob Hobson

Rob Hobson

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Hopefully I can't express my dissatisfaction.

H

Hemified

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I like turbos or hypers for that reason, I don't mind if som1 is trying to bubble. Some are just playing so many games i can only imagine the numbers. Good luck and crush em :D