What's your attitude towards slow acting players?

P

Pablo22

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't mind unless they are using it as a strategy to annoy.

andreypuch

andreypuch

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I sometimes act slowly - when I make decisions. And I think this is normal. Think - and make the right decision.

dallam

dallam

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Main reason for players to play slow is because they play on more than one table, so play on more tables , and you will be less annoyed.

Its right, playing on many tables needs more concentration. Even when you have action on more than 1. Sometimes you are can't really pay attention to the sounds or the popped-up tables. Don't get annoyed by those seconds, it does not took away nothing from a many hours long MTT. :cool:

aissam18

aissam18

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
When i play a lot of tables i like to have players who are slow to take my time and think of what i need to do with my hand

jcxmendes

jcxmendes

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I behave like it's normal! sometimes I don't even pay attention

Rui Ferreira

Rui Ferreira

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Tranquility

I calmly see not changing my way of playing or acting

Bambini7777

Bambini7777

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
but it doesn't matter, in poker there is a certain time per player:)

S

scottish770

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
BOOO slow players... I understand if your new, and taking a reasonable amount of time but average players should not take more than a minute.. Some people already know what they are doing in position and what cards to come play etc etc.. all can be decided 15 seconds tops,( or is that why I am soooo awful at cards !) taking 2 to 5 minutes per action just shouldn't be a style of play. The game is supposed to be fun and watching a clock waiting and waiting should not be part of it

nghoffman

nghoffman

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm not a fan.. I honestly don't think that some of the slower paced players actually need that much time to make their decision every time... It's mostly an act, in my opinion.

Zorba

Zorba

Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AQ
Chips
BOOO slow players... I understand if your new, and taking a reasonable amount of time but average players should not take more than a minute.. Some people already know what they are doing in position and what cards to come play etc etc.. all can be decided 15 seconds tops,( or is that why I am soooo awful at cards !) taking 2 to 5 minutes per action just shouldn't be a style of play. The game is supposed to be fun and watching a clock waiting and waiting should not be part of it
Pretty sure the complaints are about the less than 20 secs of time before time bank begins. :rofl:

Not sure what sites your referring to that allow 2 to 5 mins per action. :eek:

:top:

D

deputat

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The main unpleasant thing is if you are bluffing and the opponent take a lot of time although he normally plays very fast I really not like it

T

terry5758

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't like the waiting game either although many times I don't put near enough thought into my own action before a big decision. I do think its used a lot for show to much of the time

N

Negan92222

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Maybe people do this so they are harder to read

julio gonzalez

julio gonzalez

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
juego lento

hello. It doesn't always happen to me that there are players who play very slowly, but when it happens to me I just hope their time passes, which is 60 seconds. In any case, the one who is harmed is the one who loses his time and then may need it

NiallPlays

NiallPlays

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
It really makes no difference to me how long it takes you to decide how you want to play

T

tladake

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If I recognize it as a part of ones strategy, I know I can't get irritated, I just practice my patience. When I am bored, I launch anther game in background that keeps me more busy.

D

dirty_nerd

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
What's [my] attitude towards players always [who] act very slow[ly]?

I respect it because I am one of those players. I play a lot of freerolls and low stakes games and they are often full of casual players. Some of the players in these games seem to not realize they have a fold button or are just looking for a bad beat. There are obviously benefits to slowing the game down, otherwise why would be have a time clock? If you are ever at a table with me, just know that I intentionally try to slow the game down and think through my actions during every hand. Even when I play live poker, I don't even look at my cards until it is my turn to act. Primarily to slow the game down but I also am not sure if I give off visible tells so this creates some consistency in my actions and hopefully disguises any tells that I my be unknowingly giving off.

davidsincara

davidsincara

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Respect that. It only after a loud : HurryUp Maan!

J

Jedrey

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I also feel uncomfortable, but there's not much to do, I wait for him to play and I try to stay focused on the game.

D

damnthatkings

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
hardly anyone deliberately plays slowly all the time

Like2Play2

Like2Play2

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
The slow players

Didn't know that some people use it as a strategy.
But contrary to the old days when everyone would get angry and gittyup already.
I just stay patient.
Around the button, just when were about to hit the money, small stacks tend to slow down.

A

airvikki

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I absolutely do not care) But I know many who are very annoyed. There may be several reasons: playing multiple tables, a strategy to piss off the enemy. Try not to pay attention