What's your attitude towards slow acting players?

terryk

terryk

TheCanuckwithalltheluck
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Most do it to annoy the newbs! :deal:

AKQ

AKQ

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Most do it to annoy the newbs! :deal:
supposedly its +EV to go slooooow!!! lol

Sometimes I'm very busy around the house and am only able to sit back in and get timed out!!
So when people are taking a long time
I don't mind so much anymore:rolleyes:

AKQ

AKQ

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Honestly it does annoy me too, however, it is their right, just as much as it is yours, to use the time they have available. Some people utilise it deliberately so that exploitable behaviour is not shown in the timing of their actions. if you always take 10 seconds to act, people cannot gather information from you that way.
5 seconds sounds more reasonable everytime

bra01

bra01

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It’s understandable if the player is dragging time during the bubble, but if it’s other time, it will disgust me.

B

B1BOMBER

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Well it's their time to use as they see fit, to think, to stall, or even just to piss you off! It's also their money to spend any way they want, people with more money than brains can go all in every hand for any 2 cards can win! Poker is more of a mental game in my opinion and the good players are just looking for whatever tilts you!!!!! They may even feed you a few small pots to get you to call when they want you to! Stop letting things in the games bother you(even the trash talk if you have chat on) and you will be a much better player instantly!!!!!!:D:D

lcid86

lcid86

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Usually not a problem, but it gets annoying when they use all of their time bank and then fold every hand.

AizenFalck

AizenFalck

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You have to let it act as they want, one of the main advantages that poker gives you is a certain time to think about your strategy, if you want to take that time and make the most of it is a matter for each player. Regards.

hugh blair

hugh blair

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hello,
In poker tables, some players act slowly every single time, personally I feel annoyed by them, what's your feeling?
Not bothered at all if somebody is busy around the house multi-tabling or answering the door to the pizza delivery guy been there myself lol.
Take all the time that the tournament clock allows will not upset me to be honest.

niphon56

niphon56

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I know some players prefer mult-table & some players prefre playing as octopus.

I don't care in the tournaments, but feel annoyed in the cash game.

MMaki1981

MMaki1981

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Slow acting players are actually my biggest annoyance when playing poker. I just hate those people that insist on letting the timer run out every single hand. I realize that strategically there are reasons for it at times, but come on, every single time. Games move slow enough sometimes without people unnecessarily dragging it out even longer:mad:

S

seraxel

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Patience is my approach here. If it gets too terrible call clock.

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
In poker there are rules that are the same for all players and if the player does not break them, then everything is fine !!!

S

souza155

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It depends on the tournament, in hyper turbo or turbo tournaments it gets in the way a bit, but in normal tournaments it doesn't bother me.

venycyos

venycyos

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don't care when they do it and I do it myself. the team bank is for that.

A

alabos

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
couple time for me its ok........but every hand i dont think its necessairy........

lostboy2020

lostboy2020

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Truth is I slow play on purpose sometimes. it is all in trying to not be predictable

T

theStarfish

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
It is ok for me. Players can take their time as long as they do not do it every hand. But there is a time bank in online games and when I play with friends they do not take too much time. But having patience is certainly helpful.

Lena M

Lena M

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Hello.
I am convinced that every player has the right to play as he sees fit. Slow or fast play is not essential for me. When I start a game and never rush anywhere, because rush only leads to losses.

COMIRRR

COMIRRR

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
It's his time and he does what he wants with him but sometimes it's frustrating. I'm not in a hurry to be quick if you have to make a decision about your cards but every time you wait for all the time to pass to fold it seems to me disrespectful to other players ... but maybe this is the strategy of some ..to annoy others,

MishkaZL

MishkaZL

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
There are different players, and to be honest, I'm only annoyed by donkeys playing with junk. Otherwise, I always treat everyone positively. If you are annoyed by such a slow game, you can try to play 2-3 tables at a time, and then you will not have time to be bored.

M

mtmigmike

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It annoys me too, but this is a rule of the game and we cannot change anything.

Alex Sentsov

Alex Sentsov

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You can't do anything. Don't pay attention.

veltins

veltins

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
JP
Chips
That’s a part of poker, we have to accept n forget thinking about it

B

Bhzrd588

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don't what kind of feeling i should have toward them, but for me they can take all the time that they want. Sometimes, i use their slow play to decide which strategy it would be better to be used.