What is your favorite poker variant?

gustavofuentes2

gustavofuentes2

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Which is your favorite poker variant, and why? If your favorite is not Texas Hold'em, why do you think your chosen variant is better?

View attachment 347679
I enjoy both forms of Omaha. It's simply because I'm a limper. Those I don't have to worry that someone is going all in preflop. It allows me to participate in more hands making it a much more enjoyable experience.

HistrionCriollo

HistrionCriollo

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
VE
Chips
I like Texas holdem and the Sit and Go its very cool. I do not play another variant yet.

barbados

barbados

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
Texas Hold'em no limit is out of competition. Simple and easy-to-remember rules allow you to enjoy the game process. At the same time, the game turns out to be quite dynamic, with a certain level of adrenaline and an unpredictable plot. In my opinion, Texas Hold'em develops in the player a sense of intuition that sleeps in everyday life. It also teaches patience and perseverance, trains the brain to make quick decisions.

ammje

ammje

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I like badugi and single draw 2-7, but there isn't much traffic for those modes, but texal holdem is the one I like the most, because there's more strategy there.

LilicumBosniacum

LilicumBosniacum

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
HMMM Depends indeed. I love to play Omaha and Omaha Hi-Lo... but Texas Holdem is still in the lead. Depends on the time and my mood. Love to play both of those games, and still learning to play new ones I recently got to know.

mervin88

mervin88

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
i only play NL because no time to study other variant

Niveau1

Niveau1

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AT
Chips
I generally only play NL Holdem Micro Cash and tournaments. PLO only freerolls though, as my expertise is too low and the variance is too intense.

P

Parkez73

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
My favorite version is Texas Holdem...it's the one I always played and it's the one I feel most comfortable in...

Funtast

Funtast

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
I love PL Omaha Hi.
Unfortunately I suck big time at playing it.

cwdignus

cwdignus

Carpe diem
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I only know and train holdem, I think that this variant is the only one that a player can repeat the Money make feat.... I said it's possible and not that it's easy, not even Cris Money Make could repeat his feat

Last edited:
chicbulls2

chicbulls2

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BA
Chips
After all the best varian is no limit holdem, nothing comes even close to it

marvinsytan

marvinsytan

I'm going to win The PokerStars Sunday Million
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
PH
Chips
I only play NL because my end goal in poker is to win the Sunday Million :)

Igor G

Igor G

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I only play Texas Hold'em and I am convinced that it is the best kind of poker. Each of us has our preferences, but the popularity of online poker speaks for itself and the fact that so many players play Texas Hold'em is exactly what makes it the best.

Delenia

Delenia

Community Guide
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
That is such a hard question because I like so many of the variants! So, maybe HORSE since it incorporates multiple games. I get bored playing Holdem all the time.

rsparente

rsparente

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Holdem Texas, as it has much more tables to play and math is easier to do.

Acechador

Acechador

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
EC
Chips
Texas Holdem, fast, simple and practical.

millya5

millya5

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
Previously, my opinion was that there are no better games other than Texas Hold'em . Then, to diversify my game, I started playing 6 PLUS short deck hold'em .
Well, there are cruel rules, you can quickly win or quickly go bankrupt . Now I like to play Omaha . I would like to thank the management for the opportunity to play Omaha in the Weekend League . I hope that I’m not the only one who is learning to play Omaha in the Weekend League and I already have Progress, I had final tables.

O

oskarsbaumanis2

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
I like no limit hpldem thats my favorite I love it

Baurzhan11

Baurzhan11

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
If you take poker, then I like two games: Texas Hold'em and Omaha

vanmin2152x

vanmin2152x

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
VN
Chips
Short decks for me it's hard to be interesting, I love it more. With the number of cards decreasing and the odds of having beautiful cards higher than usual but accompanied by the fact that the difficulty will increase, we will have a headache thinking when opponents bluff and vice versa.

L

luk0123

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
PL
Chips
For me Just Hołdem. I tried some time ago Omaha byt it is not for me. And I prefer to play and master one variant.

Baoka

Baoka

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
VN
Chips
I prefer the shorter type of card, because the short card type clearly demonstrates the ability of other players to read.

Pityesz1974

Pityesz1974

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
HU
Chips
My favorite is No limit Texas Holdem because it is the most complex and because that is what I have learned for many years, since it is the most unique game.

German629

German629

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
At the present time I like to play in the different kinds of Poker, not only NL Hold'em, but and in Pl Omaha, China poker, and etc!..

B

bababooey

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
I like all variants of the game but my fave is NLH and PLO.

Tried to learn all the games including stud, razz hi-lo etc but not many people play those games so my edge is bigger but harder to find a game.

The ones I don't enjoy as much are draw games like 5 card stud.