What Percentage of Poker is Luck VS Skill

D

dgroes

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You are blowing my mind with your question here but i conclude that the more aggressive the play is the more luck element is involved. Makes sense? Can´t give you an exact ratio im not exactly the best ever poker player but also not a sucker to not have an idea of things.

P

praevus

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you think in 1 week is 80% luck and 20% skill.
If you think in 1 month is 50% luck and 50% skill.
If you think in 1 year is 20% luck and 80% skill.

Poker is a game that you need luck and skill but if you analize long term there are more skill than luck.

G

Gtpokergiani

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
A call that lucky, as they call it skill? Would you call a probability ability to know? And be lucky to fall even fences losing a hand?

D

DS3

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
It is little to do with poker but contingent on the player.

I play tight aggressive - I wait for a decent hand then attempt to capitalize on it. I can raise or try to trap to extract the most value. But essentially I am passive throughout much of the game and even if I believe I am a good/sound player I depend on luck to bring me good cards...and when I run bad, my game is weak.

Therefore luck is more of a component of my game than I would generally like to admit.

On the other hand take a player such as Chino Rheem. When Rheem gets in flow and sizes up his opponents he puts them relentlessly to the test via aggression and strong raises. He literally mopped the floor at the PCA main event to take the title.

To command, to intimidate the entire table is a skill set of some magnitiude. The fact remains this type of player, one who can captain a table for extended periods (to conclusion) is playing at 90%+ skill with the cards/luck being a small to insignificant factor.

vmadureira

vmadureira

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
In my opinion is Skill 90% and Luck 10%

See You in the Tables

P

Pwohar43

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
A player rivers the card he needs to win. What a lucky so n so!!
But consider this, he had to play well enough to be in a position where one more card gives him a win.
Looks like all luck but maybe not, just a thought

77ecos

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think this is 20% lucky, 80% skill. You can see the top players win more than others. They have skill, discipline, good strategy. I do not think it is all lucky

I agree in your point of view