What Percentage of Poker is Luck VS Skill

Anatoliy73

Anatoliy73

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Luck in poker is very important, I believe that 90% is luck and only 10% is skills.

fabiancampos

fabiancampos

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Luck is the positive result of an unlikely event

B

bugiardops

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
25% Luck
65% Skills
10% Unknown

:confused:

pedro2125

pedro2125

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
well I think that live poker is 80% mental ability and 20% luck , When it comes to online poker, I think it really changes a lot to 50% of luck to 50% of mental capacity, because I say it because the game platforms have changed their variance a lot, which affects the player and us the genres lost with the reason that you are not seeing the player with whom you play

Trick1988

Trick1988

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think this is 20% lucky, 80% skill. You can see the top players win more than others. They have skill, discipline, good strategy. I do not think it is all lucky

I agree if you talk about a number of tournaments and not one, you will not go far at luck

Gorak

Gorak

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If players are equally skilled in a game then luck will be the dominant factor.

B

BIGD3471

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
It's 100% luck who knows what the next card will be?
The only time skill comes into play is when your bluffing and how well you hide it!

A

anthonydalvaro

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Luck is a funny word. If your a loosing player, In one hand you might get "lucky" and win $27. But if your strategy is unprofitable you will most certainly loose it over time. If your a winning player, In one hand you might get "unlucky" but if you stick to +EV plays and trust your profitable strategy you will most certainly win it back. you just have to have enough money to cover the swings. They call it variance. Variance can help you short term while your strategy hurts you long term. Also, variance may hurt you short term but by sticking to +EV plays, after enough hands, you will notice that by drawing a line of best fit over your profit/loss graph. You made money. I just hope your line has a + slope =)

K

koskesh

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Luck is a funny word. If your a loosing player, In one hand you might get "lucky" and win $27. But if your strategy is unprofitable you will most certainly loose it over time. If your a winning player, In one hand you might get "unlucky" but if you stick to +EV plays and trust your profitable strategy you will most certainly win it back. you just have to have enough money to cover the swings. They call it variance. Variance can help you short term while your strategy hurts you long term. Also, variance may hurt you short term but by sticking to +EV plays, after enough hands, you will notice that by drawing a line of best fit over your profit/loss graph. You made money. I just hope your line has a + slope =)

What you say makes perfect sense however I believe it’s more valid for live poker vs online poker. There are just way too many risk factors involved in online poker.

dobatibata

dobatibata

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
99% of luck waiting a nuts flop, 1% knowledge of basic poker rules. You can't lose if you get nuts all the time. You could have 0% skills and you will winning with 99% of lucky.

E

Edvin55555

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Never underestimate the variance and overestimate your poker skill.

pr0serbian

pr0serbian

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Luck is big factor in every session you play..i dont know about long run but in short you need a lot of luck..in every deep run in MTT espacily if you reach final table you need from beggining to hit few good boards to dobule up throght bad playes who are there in the beggining(if you dont have luck there you can bust out by worst hand that fish has) and in the middle stage and after the bubble when blinds go up you need to get really luck to win 2-3 coinflips to grow your stack...everything else is skill.....

Lorpugo

Lorpugo

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
in the long run only skill matters but the problem is that short run lasts longer than you think ...

king11682

king11682

Kimba
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
It should be left in a minimum percentage to luck. To be successful in poker you have to learn and use strategies that will lead you to obtain good results over time; you have to play with a cold head and not get carried away by emotions

VITOS

VITOS

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Good luck factor, undoubtedly, is present at poker. But how many she is specific? Everything depends on selection volume. In one distribution good luck plays a lot of things, but at a draw of one million hands her influence on your vinreyt very insignificant. A game, your style, skills and a set of other nuances has also considerable value.
Now if somebody asks you about value of success in poker, you can, without hesitating, to answer so:" Everything depends on a situation, but I am grateful to any her manifestation".

D

dpellsdaman

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think its about 60% skill, 40% luck IMO. You gotta win Multiple flips and atleast bad beat once or twice to win a MTT.

ChrisDavidson

ChrisDavidson

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think that skill is very important in poker.
70% of skill, 30% of luck.
A novice can not win a professional only with luck

V

vassourilson

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
100% luck pre flop. And about 50-50 after flop.

Countless times you will see crazy players going All in on pre flop with nothing and come out with a better hand than a AA or another strong hand.

But after flop comes up there is still luck involved sometimes, but a lot of times you already know what all the possible hands are, and there is a lot of skill on that.

D

damir1991

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
its 40 % skill 60% luck because if you dont hit anything on flop turn river there is always bluff to win a game soo many wawes to win it but ofcourse luck is main thing here

R

Running Nose II

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
How many times has this been debated on Cardschat? There is no definitve percentage, all you can say is that you favour one answer or another, depending upon your ego.
I'm still waiting for the skill believers to let me know what they consider three or four skills, (and not just any old flannel)